🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Living My Life But(t) N.A.K.E.D.

Options

Comments

• Shoe_Gal
    Shoe_Gal Posts: 7,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Swinstie

I am having to force myself out of the door as I did nothing yesterday - except eat :o (Have confessed all on my diary :rolleyes:)

Enjoy your Sunday :D
    Sometimes it's hard to walk in a single woman's shoes - that's why we need really special ones!
    Total debt @ Oct 2008: £29,226.42 Credit Card- £[STRIKE]7493.56[/STRIKE] - £7243.56
    Weightloss : 0/34lbs
  • Swinstie73
    Swinstie73 Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    Options
    Ok, having a wee break (and just eaten the rest of my Chinese from last night), so don't worry Shoe Gal, we all have days like that. Well done getting out the door though, me I am in for the day!

So, the Bedroom of Doom, now has clean sheets on the bed and it is looking lovely (if you look in at an angle from the doorway) :D . If you turn to the right, you would probably faint at the mess, I'm starting to get scared at where everything is going to find a home. I have put t-shirts and vest tops (casual stuff) in the other two drawers but I really need to try them all on, as usual with me t-shirts always end up shrinking and the belly between jeans and t-shirt is not a good look on me :rotfl::rotfl:

I'm not in the right frame of mind to do that just now but at least they have a home for now. Watching an episode of Private Practice with a cuppa then get started again, baby steps......
  • Swinstie73
    edited 20 December 2009 at 6:56PM
    Options
    Well, ok not completely :rolleyes:

I am finally finished the Bedroom of Doom :j. It is now a haven of loveliness, peacefulness and more importantly, I can get into my bed tonight. The down-side is that I have yet to venture into the wardrobe and everything that I didn't want on show is now in the wardrobe, so I have even more stuff to trawl through. However, the room looks fab and that was the goal, to have one room entirely gutted by Christmas, so I am happy with my achievement.

I am now going to call OH who has been hard at work today, then make a bite to eat, not sure what right enough. Once dinner is done, I will do the dishes (think the ones from yesterday are still there) :o then settle for an hour with a cuppa and the tv. The top landing is crammed with stuff so will clear that incase I have an accident during the night then early to bed for me. I have Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to get the rest of the house in order, easy, right?!

ETA: Since I was cleaning all day, I have had a NSD - go me!!
  • Shoe_Gal
    Shoe_Gal Posts: 7,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done on the 'bedroom of doom' :j:j:j enjoy your early night, you've earned it :D
    Sometimes it's hard to walk in a single woman's shoes - that's why we need really special ones!
    Total debt @ Oct 2008: £29,226.42 Credit Card- £[STRIKE]7493.56[/STRIKE] - £7243.56
    Weightloss : 0/34lbs
  • Swinstie73
    Options
    Afternoon all,

Boo, made it to work this morning! Had a bit of difficulty getting out my drive, the front tyres were churning up snow. Managed to dig myself out with a coat-hanger :confused:

We are getting a new system in January so the old one shut down last Friday, so sitting here with practically nothing to do. Oh the things I could be doing if at home, and I don't mean eating and watching tv :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Swinstie73
    Options
    Well, I finally think I am making progress, the bedroom is still looking lovely (just don't open the wardrobe), the top landing has been cleared and hoovered and I have made a start on the bathroom. :j

So far, have done the window, shelf and tap end of the bath! I am so tired though so having a wee rest and will try do a bit more tonight before bed. I will take the shower curtain down after my shower tomorrow, so that will force me into finishing the bathroom tomorrow night.

Tomorrow night I need to go to Asda for some ingredients for Christmas Eve dinner. Hopefully after dinner, finish the bathroom and get started on the kitchen which leaves the livingroom to do on Wednesday night.

Past Christmas Eve's I have made a fancy dinner for myself and OH, but this year think it's going to be something simple but tasty. Potato soup (cos I am over-run with potatoes), Beef Stew (made with Guiness) and home-made Apple Crumble & Custard. OH is diabetic so doesn't really bother with dessert but only going to make a small portion and he loves custard so sure he will like it. All I need is my Mum to come through with the recipe for dessert, get cooking instructions from my friend's OH for the stew and I have found an easy recipe for the soup. Finishing at noon on Thursday but have invited myself to a lunch with some of the guys but should have it all under control by the time OH arrives, right :rolleyes:

Just waiting on him to call as he's on shifts and working late then think having another early night.

P.S. Only spent £1.20 today!
  • Swinstie73
    edited 22 December 2009 at 1:51PM
    Options
    I've decided I really quite like Christmas!

So far, I have accumulated a bottle of Absolut Vodka, a huge box of chocs, three bottles of Rose wine and a bottle of red wine :D.

Was going to Asda tonight (didn't make it last night cos it took me ages to get home from work) for some food stuff and was going to get my friend one of those small bottles of red wine to put in with her pressie, as we are only spending a small amount this year, so do I save myself some money and give her the bottle of red I've just been given?

My justification is that I actually don't like red (I prefer Rose) and it was actually wine that one of the guys was given and passed on, so it's technically not a present! Is this morally wrong? :confused:
  • moo2moo
    moo2moo Posts: 4,694 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hell no. It was given to you as a gift to make you feel appreciated. You appreciate that even more by passing it on to another friend to enjoy. Its karma in action - what comes around goes around. You wouldn't hink twice about offering the recipent of the bottle a glass when you open it. This is just way more generous.
    Saving for a Spinning Wheel and other random splurges : £183.50
  • Swinstie73
    edited 22 December 2009 at 12:39PM
    Options
    Thanks moo2moo, didn't think about the karma aspect of it! I wouldn't drink it anyway and this way she gets a big bottle of wine instead of the teeny one I was going to buy her.
  • lincs1205
    Options
    Hi Swinstie, love your diary i hope you don't mind but i have already subscribed i think i am going to start a diary of my own because all the diaries i've read have been so inspirational and have given me some really good ideas, Sorry you did'nt get to your ohs the other day. Merry Christmas:santa2:
    MBNA 0% ends 10/04/2020 £15843
    Virgin 0% ends 09/06/19 £ 8007
    Virgin 0% ends 17/7/19 £6379
    Virgin 0% ends 17/7/19 £ 7229.26
    £30229 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    SPC 069
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing