PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Delicious WEETABIX cake!

Options
1212223242527»

Comments

• notisis
    notisis Posts: 306 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just made the weetabix cake/loaf and it turned out yummy. So easy to make, will definitely do again.
  • lucielle
    lucielle Posts: 10,767 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I keep reading about weetabix cake which sounds interesting. Can anybody point me in the right direction for the recipe or even a link?
    Thanks
    L
    Total Debt Dec 07 £59875.83 Overdrafts £2900,New Debt Figure ZERO !!!!!!:j 08/06/2013
    Lucielle's Daring Debt Free Journey
    DFD Before we Die!!!! Long Haul Supporter #124
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    Weetabix Cake I can confirm that it's brilliant and so easy to make :)

p.s. It's gorgeous sliced & buttered ;)
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    I'll add this question to the thread so that yu can easily find the recipe ;)

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    A quite desperate to make this now, having all the storecupboard ingredients to hand....but have over 10kg of Christmas cake to consume first. One for the New Year methinks.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • choccyface2006
    Options
    SunnyGirl wrote: »
    Weetabix Cake I can confirm that it's brilliant and so easy to make :)

p.s. It's gorgeous sliced & buttered ;)

Thank you :) I think I will make one today too :)

Sarah
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I remembered making this when it was first posted and made several over the next few weeks, and havent made one since. I still have the leftover weetabix from 2009 :embarasse so wanted to use that up and now have 2 weetabix cakes in the oven. Lovely cheap storecupboard recipe!
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • ethnicbritney
    Options
    Quite simply, brilliant. Made it for the first time today, wasn't expecting it to be as tasty and nice as it turned out! Its foolproof, quick and tasty which is exactly what I need. Many many thanks to the OP, this loaf is going to be a regular occurance now!
    :j
    PS. I used basic wholewheat biscuits and it still tastes great.
    "The first time I see a jogger smiling I'll consider it."
    Joan Rivers :)
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Its such a fab, cheap and easy recipe. I just had a piece, put it in the toaster in a toaster bag to heat it up before spreading butter on it. Lovely x
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • JARUS
    JARUS Posts: 125 Forumite
    Options
    Its my daughters summer fair on Saturday and I'm making some cakes, I thought I would share this easy peasy recipe for Weetabix cake, its so delicious and so easy to make, you don't even need scales!

2 crushed Weetabix
    1 cup of sultanas
    2 cups of Self raising flour
    1 cup of sugar

Mix these dry ingredients together, then add

1 cup of milk and a teaspoon of mixed spice

Stir again and pour the mix into a greased loaf tin, bake at 325 degrees for about 45 mins.

Its wonderful slightly warm and always with butter/spread.

I am not a lover of fruit cake, never touch them, but this is different, trust me, you MUST make this, even my fussy kids adore it, in fact I have given the recipe out to everyone who has ever tried it! :T

Let me know what you think of it!

Sarah x

Delicious.I have made it twice in a week. I was looking for a recipe to use only the broken bits of choc chip weetabix at the bottom of my DS cereal packet. What a hit even DH who isn't a cake lover likes it.

Jarus xx
    :jCross stitch cards completed 2010 -1
    £2 savers club 2012 #174 £16 Jan (saving for Christmas 2012)
    Don't Throw Food Away Challenge 2012 January £9.35/£5 February£8.59/£10 Annual £13.89/£75
    Aim Stash down to 250 items (currently 450 items) UU5/IN1 Jan, UU0/IN1 Feb
    Grocery Challenge £165.55/£290 Feb Annual budget /£3660
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family