Delicious WEETABIX cake!

Its my daughters summer fair on Saturday and I'm making some cakes, I thought I would share this easy peasy recipe for Weetabix cake, its so delicious and so easy to make, you don't even need scales!

2 crushed Weetabix
1 cup of sultanas
2 cups of Self raising flour
1 cup of sugar

Mix these dry ingredients together, then add

1 cup of milk and a teaspoon of mixed spice

Stir again and pour the mix into a greased loaf tin, bake at 325 degrees for about 45 mins.

Its wonderful slightly warm and always with butter/spread.

I am not a lover of fruit cake, never touch them, but this is different, trust me, you MUST make this, even my fussy kids adore it, in fact I have given the recipe out to everyone who has ever tried it! :T

Let me know what you think of it!

Sarah x

Comments

• Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Sounds delicious.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • FunkyFairy
    FunkyFairy Posts: 866
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Sounds really nice TY
  • 1sttimer_2
    1sttimer_2 Posts: 728 Forumite
    This sounds similar to one I used to make years ago but with all bran. I added a spoonful of Malt to make it sticky.

I'm going to try this one as it sounds nice and not to high in calories. Thanks
    "It is always the best policy to speak the truth-unless, of course, you are an exceptionally good liar." - Jerome K Jerome
  • greenpixey
    greenpixey Posts: 2,806 Forumite
    It sounds relly nice and I love to give it a try.
    Can I ask what kind of measurement is a cup? Is it a coffee cup? Sorry bout the question, probably sound stupid but I'm Swedish and I'm not quite use to some of your measurements yet (still learning :) )
  • choccyface2006
    choccyface2006 Posts: 2,304 Forumite
    Hi, I just use a regular mug/cup, my regular mug hold about half a pint of water. I suppose as long as you use the same size cup to measure out all the ingredients then it should be all right! I'm hungry for some now!

1sttimer, you are right, its not too high in calories because there is no butter in it unlike most cakes (but you have to have some spread on it I think!) Yum!

Sarah x
  • sandhabibi
    sandhabibi Posts: 421 Forumite
    I made this cake yesterday and it's nice and very easy to make. It reminds me of a bread pudding taste my mum used to make
    Olympic bronze challenge-started 7/1/06-total so far is £194.30
  • ziggy2004
    ziggy2004 Posts: 391
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    lol greenpixie was going to ask the same question ( I'm Dutch)

X Anne
  • Thanks for this!
  • Chumana
    Chumana Posts: 59 Forumite
    Ooooo this sounds good as I'm absolute rubbish at cooking or baking anything but this one sounds so easy that even I could manage it, thanks.
  • Chipps
    Chipps Posts: 1,550
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks, sounds nice - and simple!!!
    will have a go when back from holiday!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income