PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Delicious WEETABIX cake!

Options

Comments

• muckypup
    muckypup Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Not heard of this before but i have my son off poorly at the min so we have made it together...altho he wanted to add choc chips and mini marshmellows so we are hoping it will turn out ok :)
  • topsyturphy
    topsyturphy Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just made this, now cooking in my oven, it smells delicious.
  • daska
    daska Posts: 6,212 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    vernall wrote: »
    what is everyones definition of 'cup' my cups maybe bigger than someone elses or is it going to be that little of a difference it will not matter? or is there a more precise measurement?

you either have to buy 'cups' or convert The problem being that a cup is a volume so conversion to imperial/metric depends on whether it's an american or uk cup and what the substance being measured is. tbh I think cups are a pain in the bloomin' proverbial...
    Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants - Michael Pollan
    48 down, 22 to go
    Low carb, low oxalate Primal + dairy
    From size 24 to 16 and now stuck...
  • choccyface2006
    Options
    daska wrote: »
    you either have to buy 'cups' or convert The problem being that a cup is a volume so conversion to imperial/metric depends on whether it's an american or uk cup and what the substance being measured is. tbh I think cups are a pain in the bloomin' proverbial...

Of course you could use any size cup as long as you use the correct proportions and you can fit it all in the tin!

I made one last week for the first time in months and it was as gorgeous as ever :D

Sarah x
  • vernall
    vernall Posts: 556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ok,made the cake this afternoon and it is gorgeous....although i think i over cooked it.........after 45 minutes the top was quite a pale colour and to the touch felt soft,upon testing with a sharp knife inserted in the middle the knife didnt come out clean and slightly gooey........i put it back in for another 15 minutes and tested again,was a little darker on top but the knife still came out gooey,but not as much as before,so back in it went for another 15 minutes this time the top was darker and the knife came out clean,so it had 75 mins cooking in total......upon cooling the cake has become pretty crunchy on top but is lovely and moist inside........should i of stopped after the initial 45 minutes and relied on the heat from the cake finishing off the gooey middle?or after the hour?or is it supposed to be crunchy on top?i will stress it is not inedible at all,infact half has gone already lol

just wanted to know for future reference which at this rate will be tomorrow lol
  • choccyface2006
    Options
    vernall wrote: »
    ok,made the cake this afternoon and it is gorgeous....although i think i over cooked it.........after 45 minutes the top was quite a pale colour and to the touch felt soft,upon testing with a sharp knife inserted in the middle the knife didnt come out clean and slightly gooey........i put it back in for another 15 minutes and tested again,was a little darker on top but the knife still came out gooey,but not as much as before,so back in it went for another 15 minutes this time the top was darker and the knife came out clean,so it had 75 mins cooking in total......upon cooling the cake has become pretty crunchy on top but is lovely and moist inside........should i of stopped after the initial 45 minutes and relied on the heat from the cake finishing off the gooey middle?or after the hour?or is it supposed to be crunchy on top?i will stress it is not inedible at all,infact half has gone already lol

just wanted to know for future reference which at this rate will be tomorrow lol

I do this all the time, I keep testing it to check its cooked in the middle, I have made so many that have been soggy in the middle, so mine was in for about the same amount of time last week, I like the crunchy top myself, its the best bit!
  • daska
    Options
    Of course you could use any size cup as long as you use the correct proportions and you can fit it all in the tin!

I have cups that range in size from a couple of fluid oz through the more standard UK 6oz to, well, a mug that takes a pint. And an american cup is 8oz? How many weetabix do I use? What is the proportion of weetabix to other ingredients?
    48 down, 22 to go
  • auntymabel
    Options
    Looking back at one of the first posts, the OP said she used a mug holding about half a pint.
    'Yaze whit yeh hive an ye'll niver wahnt'

(From Mae Stewart's book 'Dae Yeh Mind Thon Time?')
  • daska
    Options
    sorry auntymabel, it wasn't actually a serious question, I just wanted to point out that unless you use a consistent way of measuring things it isn't possible to convert or scale easily. especially when the same term is used to refer to different things in different parts of the world, e.g. cups (6 or 8oz), tablespoons (15 or 20ml) etc
    48 down, 22 to go
  • choccyface2006
    Options
    This weeks Weetabix cake, yummy.....

10119_155125307115_557567115_3277719_5439951_n.jpg

10119_155125562115_557567115_3277721_2768595_n.jpg

Sarah xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors