economy radiator company

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Owain_Moneysaver
    Options
    john100000 wrote: »
    So I'm now looking at the '
    Adax Neo SILVER 400 Watt Slimline Electric Wall Mounted Convector Panel Heater' being sold through eBay by Solaire Heating Products Ltd. Anyone have a view on this, for a kitchen 3.6 x 2.5 m ?

You mean this? (on Amazon).

It'll work no differently to this which is £120 cheaper. :money:
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • spooey
    Options
    Has anyone had a problem with radiators bought from the Economy Radiator Company? I bought several thousand pounds worth and all of my 1600W radiators are making an annoying clicking sound. I have been told by an electrician and by a colleague at another radiator company that it is most likely a faulty thermostat/reply.

It only happens when the radiator is trying to keep the temperature in the room up to the level set on the radiator.

The Economy radiator Company try to give people the runaround, this is from what I can gather from other customers and from my personal experience. The Economy Radiator Company refuse to admit there's a problem and keep saying it's voltage fluctuations which I know it is not having had an electrician confirm this and had my radiators tested in two other houses.They have terrible Customer service and it is impossible to actually speak with anybody from this company. It seems to me they are only interested in sales...
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    How old are the radiators?
  • spooey
    spooey Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 18 September 2013 at 8:54AM
    Options
    Bought them in Feb 2013...you can see a video i made on youtube of the noise just search the economy radiator company by john t
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,037 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Go to trading standards or small claims court.
  • First_time_buyers
    Options
    Not sure if this thread it still active but it has been an interesting and slightly worrying) read.

So I have just moved into my 1 bed flat and it currently has no heating, very cold at the moment. I have been using a small fan heater, whilst waiting for my economy radiators to arrive.
    It doesn't warm up anything other than the air directly in front of it and is costing me a fortune in electricity, not helped by the fact that thanks to the previous owners lack of control, I am also stuck on a prepayment meter for electricity until EON can take over from British gas and move me back onto a normal direct debit tariff price plan but that is another story for another thread).

I went for economy radiators as i liked the design and whilst I understand the 100% efficiency of electricity, I believed that they would hold heat better than my fan heater which doesn't at all - is this not the case?

To compound it all the delivery company The Economy Radiator Company have hired cannot locate my package but TERC say that it has been sent....

Any help/advice much appreciated,

thank you
  • Chris_The_Dagger
    Options
    When I bought my One bedroom flat I wanted to do something about the ugly storage heaters and invested in this product. My options were limited as there was no gas supply.

One of these heaters was hardly used as it was placed in a hall way and it had to get very cold for me to use it. Over the past 4 years l don't think I asked this radiator for heat on more then a dozen occasions. This winter I had a job to do in the Hall way and as I was going to be in this area of the flat decided to ask the radiator for heat. When I went to turn the temp up found the control panel blank.

Thinking I was covered by the ten year warranty I contacted the firm to be told this only applies to the heater and not the controls and would have to bear the cost of shipping and repairs. They instantly quoted what this would
    Cost suggesting to me this may be a common problem.

Over the 4 years I have had these radiators they have hardly been used to draw heat as the temp has hardly dipped below the required setting I desire which is pretty low as I don't like to much heat which was one of the reasons I dispensed with the storage heaters as these looked more controlable.

That said I have found no saving in my energy cost and the controls are outside the guarantee and is limited to three years .

Therefore my recommendation to anybody thinking of investing in this product is do not touch them with a barge poll
  • Dunstaffian
    Options
    We moved into this property last January and 'inherited' a number of these radiators. They were still under guarantee, and the company agreed to transfer this to us. At that time the radiators were less than one year old. We soon discovered that they were impossible to program, and the direction in their information made no sense at all. Phone calls to them resulted in very complicated verbal instruction that were equally impossible to follow.
    After another month we noticed that one of them was leaking fine sand onto the carpet. More phone calls and assurances that they were still safe, but they would replace them. Another month passed and then another started leaking sand and two more simply failed. More phone calls and filling in of their forms to make a formal request for replacements. Then nothing - more phone calls - they say they did not receive the documents. More sent and more waiting. Now they say that the factory that supplies them has closed for a few months, and we will have to wait. By the end of this month it will be a trip to the small claims court if nothing arrives. So, be warned - here are some more people who are anything but enamoured with this company. If they are not replaced then £20 heaters from Argos will suffice, because these will end up in the local dump. They may look OK, but that is only skin deep. Incidentally, I have enjoyed reading the past comments, and it is good to know that there are people on this forum who know what they are talking about.
  • NickiBristol
    Options
    Do not buy from Economy Radiators, also know as MWRAD!

See all of the customers who have been left hanging with no response and effectively hunks of aluminium pieces of junk on Trust Pilot!

I am one of them. Bought 5 units costing £1,244 in March 2015 with a 10 yr warranty, although only 3 yr electrical! Still within warranty though.
    The largest of the units has stopped working properly and I have found, like many others, that you can not speak to anyone on the phone. After initial email response I was told my warranty was not legal. There seems to be some very unethical trading going on with this company. The Managing Director had a radiator company taken into liquidisation in the last few years.
    He is still using the same website that I purcashed from and same email address, but using the name MWRAD. And will never sign his name!
    DO NOT TOUCH!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport