The Sub Prime Credit Thread - Part IV

Options

Comments

• seeya23
    seeya23 Posts: 2,330 Forumite
    Options
    Zack1 wrote: »

Oooh I got an alert from Equifax too, telling me my Cap1 limit had been changed :rotfl:

thats old news now they are not that fast are they :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Zack1
    Zack1 Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Options
    seeya23 wrote: »
    thats old news now they are not that fast are they :rotfl::rotfl:
    :rotfl:Exactly, I was like eh what's going on here!? Then I logged in and it said credit limit decrease/increase, so I thought oh Natwest have probably gone and slashed my limit....then clicked the box and it's Cap1 from nearly a month ago :rotfl:
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    Zack1 wrote: »
    Ah cool, I think someone said they are easier to get if you don't, as Tesco want to attract new customers..

That was me matey!

But no matter what it will refer cos he got an RBS issued card recently - two applications in too short a time. They may say fine, here you go - but in the past they've been known to decline if you apply for 2 cards in a 3 month period - but AVU will determine all that when the forms get sent back... ;)
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • seeya23
    Options
    i had the same when next slashed my limit from £250 to £150
  • ElkyElky
    ElkyElky Posts: 2,459 Forumite
    edited 12 March 2010 at 5:05PM
    Options
    HSBC cards haven't arrived yet. Maybe tomorrow.

I had to buy a new wallet. My old one just physically couldn't cope with all of my cards, I couldn't get it closed. :( I had my old one for 10 years and had 8 cards crammed in to 3 credit card compartments.

Now I have one with lots and lots of credit card compartments, I had to think about the cards I have now and in the future so when I eventually reach my goal of 10 cards, I should be able to accommodate them nicely.

I'll upload a picture of my collection as soon as the HSBC cards arrive. :D
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • seeya23
    Options
    me got a ben sherman wallet with 9 cards in
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    ElkyElky wrote: »
    HSBC cards haven't arrived yet. Maybe tomorrow.

I'll upload a picture of my collection as soon as the HSBC cards arrive. :D

Have they confirmed to you mate that you have them? i.e. underwriting passed you as acceptable? Good on you mate - what CC limit did you end up with?

• ElkyElky
    ElkyElky Posts: 2,459 Forumite
    Options
    Have they confirmed to you mate that you have them? i.e. underwriting passed you as acceptable? Good on you mate - what CC limit did you end up with?

I don't know yet. I received a letter confirming the acceptance.

I was tempted to call them but I don't want to tempt fate and find out they gave me a crappy limit.

Hopefully I might hear something tomorrow about it, if they are quick in sending out the cards.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    ElkyElky wrote: »
    I don't know yet. I received a letter confirming the acceptance.

I was tempted to call them but I don't want to tempt fate and find out they gave me a crappy limit.

Hopefully I might hear something tomorrow about it, if they are quick in sending out the cards.

They write to you and then send out cards mate - they first sort the bank account and work out internal score THEN they do CC application based on said internal score. Obviously at outset you were acceptable, but that does not mean you're guaranteed!

I had it with first direct remember - they told me the limit etc - then when I signed the CCA they declined me! Its all the same process.... :p

I hope you get it, course mate! Expect a £500 - £1000 limit MAX.

• Zack1
    Zack1 Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Options
    That was me matey!

But no matter what it will refer cos he got an RBS issued card recently - two applications in too short a time. They may say fine, here you go - but in the past they've been known to decline if you apply for 2 cards in a 3 month period - but AVU will determine all that when the forms get sent back... ;)
    Haha ah yea, I remember now!

Is there a list of what RBS issue? I don't want to apply for 2 at once if they're gonna refer (and probably reject) me for it....

I was thinking Vanquis, Tesco & JJB.... which are all fine, I think, don't want to go and pick another though!

Oooh and just found out I might have a part-time job at £8.70 an hour :eek:. Apparently it's just answering phones, my mates got a contact there and said he's gonna get me put through, to be paid that much it must be pretty hard though! If it's not then I'll be doing all the overtime I can....apart from Student Nights of course....:D:p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure