We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

The Sub Prime Credit Thread - Part IV

Options

Comments

• ged1980
    ged1980 Posts: 1,342 Forumite
    Options
    seeya23 wrote: »
    i had a step account over 6 years and they would not give me a full current account so i move bank

im the same 2 years and would not give me a current account so i have move but to RBS silly as same company but at least i have a branch local to me
    If you dont like me remember its mind over matter, I dont mind and you dont matter ;)
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    I recently switched all my DDs and salary payments (about £1500/mth) into my Natwest Step account (first salary goes in at the end of this month, DDs to follow shortly after).

Will opening their (terrible rate) eSaver and setting up a regular payment into it help me with their internal scoring process with a view to upgrading to a full current account in 6 months time? Any thoughts? :think:

Step/Key (basic) accounts are not scored so they do not help your "internal behaviour score" at all - as you technically don't build one up anyway!

That said, i've heard of local branches inviting Step customers in to upgrade, but they have secretly been doing searches on you and know in advance what you're likely to be offered.....

Basically, other than NatPest being the worst UK bank - they are also the shoddiest and I wouldn't put anything past them! :D:D
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • ElkyElky
    ElkyElky Posts: 2,459 Forumite
    Options
    HSBC cards arrived today.

I have a nice limit of £750 on the credit card. :D
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Innocent_Guy
    Innocent_Guy Posts: 5,369 Forumite
    Options
    ElkyElky wrote: »

Well done! I am really thinking about applying for an HSBC credit card but my BS is abit too low at the min
    Bank Accounts - Barlcays Premier[/B] - £1000 o/d, HSBC - £200 o/d- First Direct - £500
    Credit Cards - Barclaycard £2000 - Silver Card £1300 - Flybe £7500 - HSBC £1000 - First Direct £2500 First Direct Gold £3000
    6 credit accounts closed in 2010!

Official SOS Club number 001 - Dry until 01.07.10
  • never-in-doubt
    Options

Nice one - well done matey! So is your bank card the silver one? Is it a CGC (look on back)...?

I thought you'd get between £500 - £1000 which is normal for new customers. :T

If you'd waited for 6 months then you'd be ok asking for upto £5k and they can agree it so long as your BH surpasses 60 which by then, using the tips I gave earlier, it would be..... :D:D:D As things are, you'll be stuck around the £1000 - £1500 mark for the next year at least cos they do not like giving increments more than every 6 months and rarely double what your current limit is.....

• never-in-doubt
    Options
    Well done! I am really thinking about applying for an HSBC credit card but my BS is abit too low at the min

Does your wages get paid in still? If so, do it mate. You're prime target right now - if your BH score fails (i.e. less than 60) then all they do is use the shortfall with CRA CAIS feed data so you'll probably get accepted, i'd say definitely under appeal.

Do it mate - you'll get a pleasant surprise... :D:D

Moreso for the 15 months 0% BT deals..... you can move all your silly cards over to the new HSBC one and pay it off over time....

• ElkyElky
    Options
    Nice one - well done matey! So is your bank card the silver one? Is it a CGC (look on back)...?

I thought you'd get between £500 - £1000 which is normal for new customers. :T

If you'd waited for 6 months then you'd be ok asking for upto £5k and they can agree it so long as your BH surpasses 60 which by then, using the tips I gave earlier, it would be..... :D:D:D As things are, you'll be stuck around the £1000 - £1500 mark for the next year at least cos they do not like giving increments more than every 6 months and rarely double what your current limit is.....

Yeah silver. There is nothing on the back referring to CGC.

I don't mind the limit.. just wanted enough to BT my BOS card. Any higher limit and it'll just tempt me in to buying things I can't afford.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • never-in-doubt
    Options
    Yeah silver. There is nothing on the back referring to CGC.

I don't mind the limit.. just wanted enough to BT my BOS card. Any higher limit and it'll just tempt me in to buying things I can't afford.

What does your silver card start with? Me thinks you may have an all auth card :eek:

• ElkyElky
    Options
    4428455399_b828a8c590_b.jpg
  • ElkyElky
    Options
    What does your silver card start with? Me thinks you may have an all auth card :eek:

4659. Is an all auth card good?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure