HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread

Comments

• Hi folks

When did you use it: 1/8/11
    What did you send it: 4 british gold sovereigns
    How much did it promise you: £907.19
    How much did it deliver: £907.19
    How efficient was the service: Excellent - can not fault it.
    If it didn't deliver the full amount, what was its reason: N/A
    Anything else other people should know: Very very impressed by this company. Very fast, very good payment and would definitely use again.

Regards, Steve
  • veganpanda
    veganpanda Posts: 50
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Jacque wrote: »
    Thanks to advice from forum members and this thread:
    I used HGM today.
    Dropped off my gold personally as it was over the postal limit for insurance.
    Was issued with a receipt and confirmed price.
    Followed up by email.
    Fully paid by 13.30

Thanks all.

Here is the quote I got DIRECTLY from Hatton Garden...

"Unfortunately, we are a postal only service to the public and for security reasons cannot let members of the public into the building."
    Customer Services - what a joke!
  • djp64
    djp64 Posts: 194
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Very satisfied with the service received from Hatton Garden Metals. Seen this thread and thought I must dig out old bits of jewellery - finally got round to it at the weekend.

Posted everything yesterday afternoon and money in my account by 11am this morning.

Outstanding level of customer service and communication
    • When did you use it (Monday 8/8/11)
    • What did you send it (gold and silver jewellery)
    • How much did it promise you
    • How much did it deliver - exactly what I was expecting and more. I didn't bother checking all the hallmarks etc so assumed all gold was 9ct, some was assessed as 22ct so higher price paid
    • How efficient was the service - very efficient - money in account less than 24 hours after it was posted
    • If it didn't deliver the full amount, what was its reason
    • Anything else other people should know - obviously have a honest and accurate assessment process (see above re 22ct gold
    Would be more than happy to recommend / use again.

Thanks Hatton Garden Metals - you rock!
  • Fleago
    Fleago Posts: 1,185
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I found out about Hatton Garden Metals here on Sunday and sorted out some old jewellery and some broken bits of chain. Posted them at 5pm yesterday and money in my account by lunchtime today!
    • When did you use it (today)
    • What did you send it (gold jewellery)
    • How much did it deliver (it paid me a bit more per gram because the price had gone up overnight)
    • How efficient was the service (extremely efficient)
    • If it didn't deliver the full amount, what was its reason (I had submitted a couple of bits which I suspected probably weren't gold)
    • Anything else other people should know (The website is very easy to use, clear and with easy to follow instructions)
    I hadn't really considered selling gold having thought that the whole process seemed somewhat dubious with all the flash cash for gold adverts. However, after seeing the positive reviews for Hatton Garden Metals on here I thought I would give it a go. I'm so pleased that I did and I would absolutely recommend them to anyone.
  • I am very new to this game but colleagues at work were talking about selling old gold last week and I thought I would have a quick look in my jewellry boxes and first of all pulled out some old and broken gold, earrings etc. I first of all took it to the High Street and was offered £715.00. This prompted me to have a good old clear out on Sunday. Apart from one necklace everything else was either broken, 1 earrings from a pair, rings (gemstones extracted) and very dated chains. Essentially nothing that could be worn, or not worn in the last 10 years!
    • When did you use it (Monday 8/8/11)
    • What did you send it (gold jewellery)
    • How much did it promise you (approx £2k)
    • How much did it deliver - I knew some of the gold and categorized by 9ct, 14ct and 18ct, however there was a bag of "misc" and I was unsure if one or two pieces were costume. I was emailed Tuesday 9th Aug with an update and there was more 18ct than I had expect. I banked £1989.00.
    • How efficient was the service - very efficient and money in account at end of day.
    • If it didn't deliver the full amount, what was its reason - Perfect - see above.
    • Anything else other people should know - Very honest guy and transparent and highly efficent process. I have already recommended them to work colleagues and family.
    Like many others on this forum I had not really thought about selling my jewellry. Who would buy broken and dated stuff... well this has been quite a find and I have absolutely no hesitation in recommeding this company. Some colleagues had sold gold and received £35 / £50 etc from the TV/High Street set ups. I never thought it was worth the effort... I do now and it has eased a big worry which is my son's 18th birthday next month. He is getting a car from his Mum. Perhaps I should buy a gold coloured one!
  • I was a bit apprehensive sending in the gold as I'd never used them before. All i can say is their service is amazing. Very good price (better than any of the local jewellers) and the money was in my account the same day they received the gold.
  • JFC_2
    JFC_2 Posts: 166 Forumite
    • When did you use it 18/08/2011
    • What did you send it 60.80g 18ct chain
    • How much did it promise you £1577
    • How much did it deliver £1577
    • How efficient was the service very efficient - money was in my bank the day after I sent it
    • If it didn't deliver the full amount, what was its reason N/A
    • Anything else other people should know - i am not a newbie but a genuine MSE user and was very impressed
    Week one (4th March) - 4 pounds lost
    Target - under 9 stone by July 17th 2009
    Wednesday is weigh in day
  • very pleased with service :)
    • When did you use it 22/08/11
    • What did you send it 14g of 9k
    • How much did it promise you £181
    • How much did it deliver £171(weighed less due to some wires being removed from a bangle)
    • How efficient was the service- very
    • If it didn't deliver the full amount, what was its reason
    • Anything else other people should know sent on the 22nd received payment on the 23rd at 1pm
  • Sceptical to start with as this is the first time I have ever sold any gold, but so glad I found this.
    Quoted £300 then £360 by town jewellers for 35 grams of 9 carat gold and saw that it was worth more on the internet.
    Sent the gold tuesday afternoon after getting the email from Hatton Garden Metals.
    Valuation on their calculator was £450.
    Logged in on wednesday morning to see where the order was and it stated the 35 grams was in fact 34.7, but I can't ague about that, and the £447.31 was paid into my bank account before 12 midday on the wednesday.
    This is super impressive.:T
  • tla19
    tla19 Posts: 171 Forumite
    Fantastic service!

I sent a package yesterday with some 9ct gold which I weighed on some pretty crap kitchen scales and estimated it at about 20grams.
    Today, HGM emailed me to tell me that it in fact weighed 28.9grams (thank gawd for precise digital scales) and I got roughly £100 more than I was expecting!

Good, honest, FAST and no rip offs. I would recommend them to anyone.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback