Forum Home» Boost Your Income

HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread - Page 70

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread

edited 12 March 2013 at 1:15PM in Boost Your Income
1.4K replies 345.1K views

Replies

• jojo1973jojo1973 Forumite
    42 posts
    This thread caught my eye other day so i dug out old wedding and engagement rings as its not like they'll be used again lol! Sent off yesterday, email and paid today, great service highly recommend :)
  • THIS MUST BE THE BEST SITE EVER SENT MY GOLD YESTERDAY AND RECEIVED MONEY IN MY ACCOUNT TODAY SENT 62 GRAMS OF GOLD AND RECEIVED £677 FULL PRICE. BEFORE I KNEW ABOUT THIS SITE I SENT 100 GRAMS OF GOLD TO ANOTHER COMPANY AND ONLY RECEIVED £650 I WILL BE USING THIS SITE AGAIN THANKS TO MARTIN LEWIS FOR ANOTHER GREAT TIP.:money:
  • xnellyxxnellyx Forumite
    1 posts
    I sent my gold to postgoldforcash, thier first offer was £140, second offer £450 (big jump!) I got the gold back and tried Hatton Garden who gave me £641! Excellent service the cheque arrived the day after they recieved my gold. Absolutely couldn't fault them!
  • jennihenjennihen Forumite
    6.5K posts
    My scales were't all that accurate but, even with the extra email to confirm whether I wanted to proceed, I still had a payment into my Bank less than 24 hours after posting it off. Happy with the price as well - over twice as much as the best High street offer. £200 pounds for 17 grams of 9ct bits and pieces I never wear or were broken
    Recommending them to a friend tomorrow!
    One life.
  • Marmaduke123Marmaduke123 Forumite
    522 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Yet another very happy customer! One broken gold chain, offered £38.50 by one local jeweller, £51 by another. Fortunately I had checked the online prices and knew these were not enough. Sent it off to Hatton Garden Metals yesterday, £76.70 in my bank account less than 24 hours later.

Very efficient service as well as an excellent price. Highly recommended.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • Was going to list some silver jewellery on ebay but luckily checked MSE first... Went straight to Hatton Garden Metals on the basis of the recommendation and was really impressed.

Put in my request Sunday, posted some silver and gold Monday, money in the bank Tuesday.

I'd thought my gold was all 9k so got the quote based on that - when i saw the remittance it showed that some was 14k and I'd been paid accordingly :T

On ebay you're lucky to get the 99p starting price for silver items (just check the completed listings) In the end I got about £50 for some old earrings and a couple of bangles so definitely worth it even for silver.

Would definitely use again though I've now cleared out my jewellery box so unlikely to have anything to sell!
    MFW Challenge member no. 96 - on hold! :rolleyes:
    Girl Cub due 14th September :D
  • NileNile Forumite, Board Guide
    14.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you've used this company, please can you tell us the following...
    • When did you use it (this week)
    • What did you send it (gold and silver jewellery)
    • How much did it promise you (what I was expecting)
    • How much did it deliver (what I was expecting)
    • How efficient was the service (very efficient)
    • If it didn't deliver the full amount, what was its reason
    • Anything else other people should know
    Like many people, I was suspicious of the newbie members who post in praise of Hatton Garden Metals..........simply because it's possible that they are in some way connected to the company and posting to promote their business.

However, there are several long time forum members who have posted with positive comments on this thread...........so I was willing to give it a try.

I was very worried about the Post Office Special Delivery service because you hear stories about post going missing. I was very reassured by the PO assistant who took my package and told me that it goes into a locked cupboard until it's collected.

The package arrived before 1pm the following day and within the hour I received an email from Hatton Garden Metals to confirm the contents (weight and price) were what I was expecting.

Payment was also received promptly............so I'm very pleased with the Hatton Garden Metals gold selling experience.:T

As an [STRIKE]old timer [/STRIKE]:o established member of the forum, I hope my feedback helps you with your decision to use them.

Regards

Nile
    Hi, I'm the Board Guide on the In my home (includes DIY) and the I wanna buy-it or do-it boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember that Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • Had to feedback on fab service I got from this company.

• When did you use it
    Yesterday
    • What did you send it
    A sovereign on a chain I inherited years ago from my grandma
    • How much did it promise you
    Quoted £225.25 for the sovereign and going rate for the gold mount - I estimated the mount was 2 grams
    • How much did it deliver
    £291 total! Turned out the mount was actually more like 6 grams. Very happy!
    GOLD 9ct: 5.90 @ £11.22 = £66.22
    FS 22ct: 1.00 @ £225.24 = £225.24
    • How efficient was the service
    Super fast. Sent at 5.10pm special delivery last night and just got the email and money in the account.
    • If it didn't deliver the full amount, what was its reason
    N/a (1p less on sovereign due to fluctuating daily gold price)
    • Anything else other people should know
    If you've got gold to sell, these guys are great!
    Wish it win it 2013
    Hotel stay / Cash prize / Holiday to NY / Holiday anywhere! / Xbox One / Beauty prize
  • annie-cannie-c Forumite
    2.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had my second positive experience with HGM this week, this time selling broken jewellery, on behalf of my elderly mum.

If you've used this company, please can you tell us the following...
    • When did you use it (yesterday)
    • What did you send it (gold and silver jewellery)
    • How much did it promise you (approx £77)
    • How much did it deliver (£84.75)
    • How efficient was the service (sent package 1st class yesterday, cheque payment sent out today)
    • If it didn't deliver the full amount, what was its reason - (paid out slightly more than expected as my weighing scales were inaccurate).
    • Anything else other people should know - (payment can be made into bank account same day, but we asked for a cheque as mum doesn't like giving bank account details to strangers! ;))
    My mum was astonished to get nearly £85 for a few broken and mismatched earrings. She says she would have been pleased with £5-10 and I can now see how easy it must be for those 'town centre' gold buyers to make a huge profit from their more naive customers!

Well done Hatton Garden, we have recommended the whole family! :T
  • Delighted with service from HGM. Package sent last Monday and the money was in my bank account by Tuesday 13.30. Amazing. Much more than I would have got on the High Street. Thank you MSE for the advice.
    I am now checking everything out with MSE. I am even a Credit Card Tart too. Yipee!:j