Forum Home» Boost Your Income

HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread - Page 137

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

HATTON GARDEN METALS Feedback Thread

edited 12 March 2013 at 12:15PM in Boost Your Income
1.4K replies 345.4K views
1131132133134135137»

Replies

• ToniCattiniToniCattini Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Fantastic service! I used HGM for the first time yesterday. Posted package yesterday evening and the money was in my account first thing this morning! Exact amount they had quoted. Quick and simple to use, keep you updated every step of the way, very professional. Can not recommend enough! 
  • edited 9 October at 5:18PM
    JGB1955JGB1955 Forumite
    1.1K posts
    1,000 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    edited 9 October at 5:18PM
    I agree about the 'doubts' regarding all the first time posters but... yes, I sold some 'dated' gold items that my mother had left me and received over £500 very promptly.  I would definitely use them again... but have run out of relations to leave me their outdated jewellery!

#36 Saving for Christmas 2020 - £1 a day challenge.... £634/£366...
  • SevenOfNineSevenOfNine Forumite
    2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Trying to decide between HGM and Gold Traders UK to get rid of some inherited old jewellery, I have 1994 valuations.
    Gold Traders do seem clearer about what they do with 'stones' on their website, what I have are described in the valuations as 'paste' anyway, & the gold isn't isn't hallmarked but says 'tested as', all purchased in Burma (Myanmar) &/or India.

Never done this before, & not feeling too confident!  HGM's website just doesn't seem to massively user friendly, I appreciate I'm no doubt being a bit dim but "complete the on-line form", that I haven't actually managed to locate (yet), isn't inspiring me with confidence.
    Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
  • JDPowerJDPower Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    HGM's website just doesn't seem to massively user friendly, I appreciate I'm no doubt being a bit dim but "complete the on-line form", that I haven't actually managed to locate (yet), isn't inspiring me with confidence.
    Have you tried starting here and entering your gold details?: https://www.hattongardenmetals.com/sell-scrap-gold.aspx

• SevenOfNineSevenOfNine Forumite
    2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    JDPower said:
    HGM's website just doesn't seem to massively user friendly, I appreciate I'm no doubt being a bit dim but "complete the on-line form", that I haven't actually managed to locate (yet), isn't inspiring me with confidence.
    Have you tried starting here and entering your gold details?: https://www.hattongardenmetals.com/sell-scrap-gold.aspx

Thanks, I just went & stuck a  weight in & I think that was my problem! It does seem to proceed from there - but I have numerous items, many I can't weigh gold because of paste stones (I don't want to dig them out myself) & 'tested as' for the CT, according to valuations. I think I need to play about with their system, I've just found Gold Traders a bit more user friendly. 

I'm a bit of a face-to-face person, maybe I'll wait until covid eases enough & go to the Hatton shop in London.  Thanks.
    Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • JDPowerJDPower Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    JDPower said:

Thanks, I just went & stuck a  weight in & I think that was my problem! It does seem to proceed from there - but I have numerous items, many I can't weigh gold because of paste stones (I don't want to dig them out myself) & 'tested as' for the CT, according to valuations. I think I need to play about with their system, I've just found Gold Traders a bit more user friendly. 

I'm a bit of a face-to-face person, maybe I'll wait until covid eases enough & go to the Hatton shop in London.  Thanks.
    That might be the best option for your piece of mind if you're nearby. There are enough genuine comments here amongst the spam to suggest HGM are trustworthy, but might be an easier decision face to face when someone can test and explain the valuation in front of you.