Home delivery network - I just want my parcel!

Options

Comments

• amyj91
    Options
    i ordered 4 items from jjb sports and they sent me a text saying it would be delivered on or before the 29th november. its the 30th and im still waiting. the tracking says that yesterday at 07.03 it was received into the depot... yet my boyfriend ordered things from additions direct and that arrived from HDN last night! so wheres my stuff? and i tried to phone them but as i havent got a calling card number i cant get through to speak to someone!
  • tweatee
    tweatee Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    I'm having a nightmare with HDN at the moment.Ordered something from Lookfantastic Nov 25th and they shipped on the 26th,driver called and just left a blank card stuck in the door.
    I rang and arranged for delivery Mon 29th Nov.Rang early in morning to check it was on the van and it was, waited until 5pm still no parcel so rang again and was told it wasn't scheduled for mon but tue!
    Never turned up tue either but came to the bottom of my road turned round and went away without calling!
    No delivery wed due to snow but i arranged for thursday, guess what no delivery but Royal Mail and DPS managed to deliver.Rang customer service and gave them a right earful.Seem they can't do aything due to weather conditions but they don't seen to care.
  • mpblunders
    Options
    HDN are nearly as bad as Citylink who IMO kick your parcels to the front door.
  • Skint_but_working
    Options
    Snow and ice has affected us all here in the UK, this will cause delays in the delivery process. It is not any companies fault be it a supplier or courier when it snows...there really is nothing that can be done.

Chances are if YOU can't get out of your house, then there's a bloody good chance that Royal Mail or any courier company are going to struggle to get your delivery to you.

When you are at home ordering online because you don't fancy braving the freeze to go down the shopping centre..please use some common sense and don't expect anything to be with you quickly.:)
  • wormshero
    Options
    I realise the weather is bad, and if they didn't leave to my flat on wednesday I would totally understand, however, according to amazon it's been delivered, and left in "a secure location". No card left etc. The item is worth over £150 so I would expect a signature requirement to be honest. I'm wondering if they actually tried to get here or just said it's delivered to keep amazon happy. Annoying anyway, if it's been left outside my flat (which would be really stupid as I live near the staircase on the ground floor of my building) then someones nicked it, which is fairly horrible, although still HDN's fault for leaving it there. If not then I wonder where the hell it is. Amazon are being good about it anyway, I guess.
  • Wayne3765
    Wayne3765 Posts: 631 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 December 2010 at 1:58AM
    Options
    Despite bad experiences of HDNL in the past I thought I'd give them a go at delivering a parcel for me via parcels2go as they were the cheapest.

I've been shown again why they are cheap - my parcel has been stolen :eek:

09/12/2010 23:35:29Parcel stolen WOODFORD DEPOT Depot: WOODFORD DEPOT
    09/12/2010 22:57:11Loaded onto WOODFORD VAN Depot: WOODFORD VAN
    08/12/2010 21:25:28Delivered on Paper WOODFORD DEPOT Depot: WOODFORD DEPOT
    08/12/2010 11:36:45Loaded onto WOODFORD VAN Depot: WOODFORD VAN
    08/12/2010 06:31:48Received into WOODFORD DEPOT Depot: WOODFORD DEPOT
    07/12/2010 22:15:39Sorted at DROITWICH Depot: DROITWICH
    07/12/2010 15:00:39Despatched from CARDIFF DEPOT Depot: CARDIFF DEPOT
    07/12/2010 15:00:26Received Off Van CARDIFF DEPOT Depot: CARDIFF DEPOT
    07/12/2010 11:46:10Collected from CARDIFF VAN Depot: CARDIFF VAN
    07/12/2010 09:26:31Loaded onto CARDIFF VAN Depot: CARDIFF VAN
    07/12/2010 02:12:31Received into CARDIFF DEPOT Depot: CARDIFF DEPOT
    07/12/2010 01:59:56LI Update CALL CENTRE Depot: CALL CENTRE
    07/12/2010 00:36:18Received into CARDIFF DEPOT Depot: CARDIFF DEPOT
    06/12/2010 00:00:00Collect request rcvd CALL CENTRE Depot: CALL CENTRE

Looks like I've got some calls to make in the morning to find out what's going on.
  • olly300
    olly300 Posts: 14,736 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anyone having problems with HDNL and ordering from Amazon please complain.

I ordered something (not an Xmas present) via Amazon and they stated it would arrive on 24th December.

The parcel was being sent to my brother's house as I knew my nephews would be in all day doing nothing much so would answer the door. I arrived at the house at 3.30pm and no delivery men called from that time onwards.

On Xmas day (I was at my brother's for Xmas) in the evening for some reason I looked at my Amazon list and found that HDNL had stated that they had delivered my parcel at 6.38pm on 24th December and I should check with the neighbours if I hadn't received it.

So I checked with the neighbours and no-one had received a parcel. So I emailed Amazon asking why HDNL had stated they had delivered a parcel they hadn't.

Amazon sent me a generic reply about bad weather so I phoned them up using the call back feature yesterday (Monday) morning about 9.30am. I asked the lady at the other end why they, Amazon, were using such a bad courier service. She first stated that they reviewed the service regularly and took in all feedback from customers. I pointed out that HDNL had the worse reviews all over the internet for their service, and my actual problem was the fact they had lied about delivering the item.

Eventually she disappeared and found out that the driver had no signature for the item that had claimed to have delivered.

3 hours later I received a text message from one of my nephews' stating that the parcel had been delivered.

So if you want to stop Amazon using HDNL and Yodel, which they are rebranding themselves as, please put in a complain and complain again if they use bad weather as an excuse and it's definitely not the reason.
    I'm not cynical I'm realistic :p

(If a link I give opens pop ups I won't know I don't use windows)
  • Meadows
    Meadows Posts: 4,530 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Hung up my suit! Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I complained as mine (luckily not a Christmas gift) has been sat at the depot for over a week and received the following reply:

Hello ******,

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

I apologise for the delay in responding to your e-mail message. Please be assured that all of us here are working very hard to provide a thorough, personal reply to each of our customers as quickly as possible.

I am sorry to hear that you have not yet received your order.

We appreciate the time you have taken to bring the late delivery of this parcel to our attention. Unfortunately it seems that your parcel has been temporarily delayed during transit. As a result of weather conditions throughout the UK, our carriers are experiencing delays delivering orders and their backlogs have increased over the past few days as the weather situation has worsened.

In the case where a parcel appears to be lost, we would normally issue a replacement to you. However, you might have already sourced the items for Christmas. As a result, you may choose to receive a full refund instead.

If you would prefer to receive a replacement for your missing parcel at no additional cost to you, we would ask that you kindly wait until December 31, 2010. If your parcel is not delivered by then, please contact us again on that date using the link below. This is the maximum time we would ask you to wait, and your parcel may be delivered before this date.

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please use the link above to send us your reply.

If you would prefer to receive a full refund for the cost of the missing parcel, we would request your refund as soon as we hear back from you. Refunds usually go through within 2 to 3 business days and you would see this amount credited on your next statement. Please use the link below to let us know if you would prefer to receive a full refund for the cost of the missing item.

Please note: this e-mail was sent from an address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please use the link above to send us your reply.

We take full responsibility should your order not arrive.

I hope you will give us another opportunity to prove the quality of our service. We wish you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas and best wishes for the New Year.

Thank you for your patience and understanding and we hope to see you again at Amazon.co.uk.

So I have to wait another 3 days before they will do anything :(
    Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it.
  • boobles25
    Options
    I ordered a computor monitor from Amazon, quite expensive and I am worried because when I chased it, it said 'delivered on the 4th January. If it said 'out for dispatch', I would understand the backlog, I have been here all the time, there is no note left and I haven't signed for anything, no neighbours have it either. Amazon told me to chase it at Leamington, but can't a number for Leamington. Do Amazon sort these things out, I can't afford to lose over £150, thanks.

Pam (newbie) :(
  • Onething
    Options
    HDN have a parcel for me, called when at work, left card. So far so good. Went into website, rearranged delivery, got message saying date ok, delivery rearranged. Waited in, nothing. Used online checking, parcel still at depot, had to ring expensive number, oh dear nothing rearranged. No Saturday deliveries= I have to go to depot!

Mind you had a worse experience with DPD- parcel from Amazon seller. Called, I was at work, left card. I went into website, system would not recognise parcel number...

Thank you for your email and I would like to apologise for the delay in coming back to you.

The address of the Bristol depot is Units B1 - B2 Kinglands Estate, St Phillips Road, Bristol, BS2 0JZ

In order to collect your parcel you will need two forms of ID one of which needs to be photographic.

Kind regards

Customer Services
    08459 300100

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 5:27 PM, < wrote:
    I have just tried to ring, got an automated message saying the 8 digit number was not recognised, to wait & be put through to someone, phone just rang & not answered.

I can't give you any other numbers because I am waiting for the parcel, I did not send it! all I have is the DPD calling slip with reference ... on it and the driver has written ... 7/12/10 16.00 on it. That's it.

My address is ....

I want to collect it from Bristol depot asap.

Please sort this out!

On Dec 8 2010, Customer Services wrote:

Good Morning,

Thank you for your email in relation to the delivery of your parcel.

I have checked our tracking system and unfortunately, I am unable to find a
    delivery from the details which have been provided.

Please could you provide me with a consignment number or a parcel number and
    I will look into this matter further for you.

Kind Regards

Rakiba Jauffur
    Customer Services
    0844 556 0560

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 5:11 PM, wrote:

> Subject: Customer Enquiry - Other Enquiry
    >
    > A visitor to DPD (UK) website has raised a customer service enquiry
    > ==================================================================
    >
    > Name:
    > Delivery Postcode:
    > Parcel Number:
    > Consignment Number:
    > Callingcard Number:
    > Sender Reference:
    >
    > Comment:You have left a callingcard & I am trying to arrange to input info
    > to collect from Bristol depot. However your system tells me the card number
    > is not recognised. Well I am just trying to save you a wasted visit
    > tomorrow. Can you let me know when the card number will be recognised as I
    > need the item asap. Thanks.

Next stage= I go to Bristol depot, nothing there, staff trying to be helpful but say temp drivers have parcels not entered in system. So come back tomorrow...I go home & big parcel left by front door in full view of road!! I've complained to seller, basically not interested.

And Royal Mail seem no better. I have a valuable item allegedly posted before Xmas & seems to have gone missing. Also a delivery seller says sent 1st class on 6/1/11 hasn't arrived until 13/1/11.

And another private company in Dec, nothing turned up- paid for next day delivery as urgent, turned out damaged in transit & was just being held at Depot, had to chase seller to agree refund etc.

I am giving up on internet shopping RIGHT NOW.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure