🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Home delivery network - I just want my parcel!

Options

Comments

• clarab_3
    clarab_3 Posts: 691 Forumite
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    is it a tenement stair?

yes it is.

the same one my postman managed to ring the doorbell for this morning, get me and deliver my post in.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    clarab wrote: »
    yes it is.

the same one my postman managed to ring the doorbell for this morning, get me and deliver my post in.

now for the questions
    are the buzzers clear?
    ive been to many where you wouldnt have a clue what buzzer relates to what flat
  • clarab_3
    Options
    now for the questions
    are the buzzers clear?
    ive been to many where you wouldnt have a clue what buzzer relates to what flat

yep, my name is next to my buzzer, and as I said, my postman buzzed it this morning so Im sure it works.
  • custardy
    Options
    Im thinking the driver got lost or ran out of time then :)
  • clarab_3
    Options
    Im thinking the driver got lost or ran out of time then :)

Thanks, what's done is done anyhow. I phoned arcadia and told them they'd be getting their stuff back, no need for it now i wont have it tomorrow. They've refunded my "next day" delivery charge, so at least im not out of pocket.
  • jimbms
    jimbms Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    Options
    I think it all depends on where you live, post office or HDN usualy just open the back door and put it on the table, on the rare occasions it's locked i.e. gone away for a day or two they put it in the coal bunker.
    Approach her; adore her. Behold her; worship her. Caress her; indulge her. Kiss her; pleasure her. Kneel to her; lavish her. Assert to her; let her guide you. Obey her as you know how; Surrender is so wonderful! For Caroline my Goddess.
  • custardy
    Options
    jimbms wrote: »
    I think it all depends on where you live, post office or HDN usualy just open the back door and put it on the table, on the rare occasions it's locked i.e. gone away for a day or two they put it in the coal bunker.

but heres the issue,RM staff (post offices done deliver ;) ) shouldnt be leaving packages like that
    folks moan at RM as they want itr run like a business,profit,pensions deficit etc
    then want ye olde practices like leaving packages in unsecure areas
    thats a sackable offence if caught by RM's IB dept
    I know someone 2 weeks ago who got a 2 year serious(RM disciplinary term) for doing just that
    however it was only through the union fighting for him that it wasnt dismissal
  • jimbms
    Options
    but heres the issue,RM staff (post offices done deliver ;) ) shouldnt be leaving packages like that
    Look sideways at my info I am in the Isle of man not the UK, we do not have RM we have the post office, no royalty here thank you. and leaving packages this way is standard here same as if your work is in the same area as your sorting office the postie will often give your mail to his mate who delivers to your work if you ask him.
    Approach her; adore her. Behold her; worship her. Caress her; indulge her. Kiss her; pleasure her. Kneel to her; lavish her. Assert to her; let her guide you. Obey her as you know how; Surrender is so wonderful! For Caroline my Goddess.
  • custardy
    Options
    :o
    however i would be very surprised if they dont have the similar rules regarding the handling of mail
    even if they are not as rigorously enforced
  • jimbms
    Options
    :o
    however i would be very surprised if they dont have the similar rules regarding the handling of mail
    even if they are not as rigorously enforced
    Hehehehe post men are still on the job and knock system here. Rules kept to a minimum, common sense to the max gets the job done quicker.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport