Where to get a VISA Electron card?

Options

Comments

• johnBarker
    johnBarker Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    The majority of bank accounts and Building societies offer Electron, Barclay, A&L, Abbey and BoS to name a few
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    johnBarker wrote: »
    The majority of bank accounts and Building societies offer Electron, Barclay, A&L, Abbey and BoS to name a few

Bank of Scotland (Halifax) & Abbey (Santander) are the only major banks which issue them. A&L may bring them back in the future when they are rebranded 'Santander'.
  • Jesper
    Jesper Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Heng_Leng wrote: »
    Bank of Scotland (Halifax) & Abbey (Santander) are the only major banks which issue them. A&L may bring them back in the future when they are rebranded 'Santander'.

Like the guys above said, Bank of Scotland still do an Electron (an Easycash for adults), here's a link to the page:

bankofscotlandhalifax.co.uk/bankaccounts/otherbankaccounts.asp

Edit:
    Apparently I'm not allowed to post links :confused:

You need to add a www. to the start of the above!
  • Rochelle
    Rochelle Posts: 124 Forumite
    Options
    johnBarker wrote: »

Barclays do a basic account and offer a "visa debit card" not an electron card but Co-op do offer a visa electron card.
  • scottmcgarvey
    Options
    Just 'phoned Abbey this morning, (have a cash card & cheque guarantee card with them) - they are sending out a VISA Electron card now.

(..they wanted to send the VISA Debit card instead - "multifunction", but told them I really wanted the Electron).
  • savagej
    savagej Posts: 1,158 Forumite
    Options
    The co-op account opening line says they do not issue electron anymore all new cards will be 2-in-1 Visa Debit cards, as of 8 June.
  • issue151
    Options
    I just called up the Co-op Bank asking if I could get a Visa Electron account, I am already a customer of the bank, and they said no, they are discontinuing the service and people who already have electron cards will have them replaced with Debit cards :(

I must be lucky as my electron card is valid for next 3 years.
  • cro9uk
    cro9uk Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I have the same issue, I did some searching and barclaysgiftcard.co.uk seems to be fairly straight forward.
  • apt
    apt Posts: 3,188 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 15 June 2009 at 7:29AM
    Options
    Why would you waste your money on a Barclaysgiftcard that costs £3 and cannot be reloaded as opposed to an account like Halifax Easycash that costs nothing and does not have to be funded until you need to buy the flights?
  • Woodyrocks
    Woodyrocks Posts: 1,913 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just wanted to say that thanks to the info posted on here, I signed up for the Halifax a/c last week online and they posted my VISA Electron card out yesterday!
    DEBT FREE AND LOVING LIFE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport