Options

Comments

• scott_lithgows
    scott_lithgows Posts: 1,424 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 22 June 2009 at 6:45PM
    Options
    Woodyrocks wrote: »
    I just wanted to say that thanks to the info posted on here, I signed up for the Halifax a/c last week online and they posted my VISA Electron card out yesterday!

When did you apply?,I signed up online for one last friday night,but no word yet.

EDIT (22/6)Got it today,only strange thing is I applied for the Bank of Scotland version but got the Halifax one instead.
    I have a deep burning indifference
  • bloaty
    bloaty Posts: 757 Forumite
    Options
    I have been reading through these threads but can anyone confirm if you get the same protection using a Visa Electron card as a credit card when booking holidays or flights please?
    We seek a world in which everyone with HIV/AIDS can live an abundant life
    Want to join us?
  • empressemma
    empressemma Posts: 194 Forumite
    Options
    Hey guys,
    regarding the entropay way of paying, can I check a couple of things?

(about to book flights for 4 people and REALLY want to avaoid paying a £40 surcharge! The flights are at a really good price at the mo, so don't want to wait for a new card to come through)

Has anyone used this recently?
    Is it definatly accepted as an electron card, as the website just says VISA?
    Also, someone mentioned the slight extra charge for changing into euros, in that case, should I load it with say £41 instead?

I know the card will cost me about £2 to do, but it should save us £38 - sounds good to me!
    Would like to book the flights asap, so any speedy answers would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Emma
  • Walkinshaw
    Walkinshaw Posts: 78 Forumite
    Options
    Hello,

Just a quick question to ask basically how you can use an electron as I'm quite confused. I have a basic account with the Halifax and they've given me an Electron card - can I still use it like I can my Maestro that I had with Natwest? IE - can I still buy things in shops without cash and online?!

Thank you :)
  • cuzzer1202
    Options
    Just filled out a Halifax Easycash application. Very very easy. If this saves me future Ryan air stings then well done all you forum guy's . Top Marks. hee Hee
  • soulsurfer999
    Options
    yumzone wrote: »
    Hi there the cooperative bak offer a visa electron card with there basic bank account :j

Co-op no longer do the visa electron card.

x-x
  • Herbyme
    Herbyme Posts: 720 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My post office denied all knowledge of a prepay Electron card. Have applied for a Halifax Easycash account and am waiting to see if the card is an Electron or a Visa Debit. As above, Co-op no longer do them, much to the irritation of the man I spoke to in their call centre, who knew exactly why I wanted one without me saying.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey guys,
    regarding the entropay way of paying, can I check a couple of things?

(about to book flights for 4 people and REALLY want to avaoid paying a £40 surcharge! The flights are at a really good price at the mo, so don't want to wait for a new card to come through)

Has anyone used this recently?
    Is it definatly accepted as an electron card, as the website just says VISA?
    Also, someone mentioned the slight extra charge for changing into euros, in that case, should I load it with say £41 instead?

I know the card will cost me about £2 to do, but it should save us £38 - sounds good to me!
    Would like to book the flights asap, so any speedy answers would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Emma

Sorry I just noticed this and its probably too late now but yes, use the Electron Visa button and enter yourself as Entropay user and the card no and expiry date as normal.

I just checked my last statement for flights booked in April, it changed from £10 to £10.87 due to the Euro exchange so I'd transfer an extra £4 to cover the conversion rate.
  • themox
    themox Posts: 52 Forumite
    Options
    Just used the entropay method. It works and is pretty straightforward.
  • afsha
    afsha Posts: 44 Forumite
    Options
    Just applied for the Halifax easy cash card account took 5 mins only. Lets see if they give me a visa electron or not. Ill update when I get it.:D
    Start Weight: 11st 9lbs /73.8 kg (BMI 31)
    Current Weight: 11st 8lbs/73.3 kg (BMI 31)
    10% Target Weight: 9st 8lbs/60.8 kg (BMI 25)

Member of the Lose Weight 13 thread
    August Challenge : 5lbs

WW online member but STILL need help.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills