New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

HM Lollies

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
143 replies 13K views

Replies

• OlliebeakOlliebeak Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Thanks for that, Pretz. Sounds like a decent alternative to ice cream for my dgd who has a cow's milk allergy. In fact, it sounds good for all my grandkids - SmartPrice bananas, here I come!
  • GingernutmegGingernutmeg Forumite
    3.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Olliebeak wrote: »
    Thanks for that, Pretz. Sounds like a decent alternative to ice cream for my dgd who has a cow's milk allergy. In fact, it sounds good for all my grandkids - SmartPrice bananas, here I come!

It does make tasty 'lollies' but you need to make sure that the bananas you use are fairly ripe. I tried it with some slightly under-ripe ones and they were horrible, really bitter and not nice.

• missyg_3missyg_3 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried freezing Muller Vitality yoghurt drinks today... they weren't TOO bad, but let's just say I prefer them in their original format ;)

I'd really like to make one that tastes just like a vanilla 'mini milk' lolly, I guess I'll try the Angel Delight method :)
  • angukanguk Forumite
    3.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got my new Lakeland catalogue this week and noticed they've got Rocket Lolly moulds! I'd love some but they're a bit on the expensive side at £9.99, I'll just have to stick to my £1 poundstretcher set!
    http://www.lakeland.co.uk/product.aspx/!12196
    Dum Spiro Spero
  • BigMummaFBigMummaF Forumite
    4.3K posts
    I saw a set of 4 moulds in MrS the other day, for £1-49. They had the little straw attachment on the stick to catch the drips & let [STRIKE]you[/STRIKE] the kiddies drink them:p

I'm thinking of getting them--at the time I thought they were too small, but now realise they would be ideal for portion control for those watching their figure!
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
    1.5K posts
    ✭✭✭
    They sound the same as the ones I have from M&S, BigMumma. They're not as small as they seem... I bought two sets so that we can always have some on the go :D

Just waiting for the current batch to be finished then I'm going to try a batch using Sainsburys Supreme Dessert (vanilla).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie
    CATHY wrote: »
    who remembers frozen Jubilees

triangular and would last for ever till your lips were blue and completely numb ;D

I remember choosing between walkling home with a frozen jubbly on a very hot summers day, or getting the bus for the two mile trip which cost 3d(1 1/2p) in those days Jubblies won everytime circa 1956.I can't believe it was over 50 years ago Doesn't time fly when your enjoying yourself:j
    4.3K posts
    I feel a tinsy tiny dent on my brand new Grocery Challenge coming on:o But then I'll have to make some room in the freezer too.....It's hard work this lolly-making intit:eek:

1.5K posts
    ✭✭✭
    OK - verdict on Sainsburys supreme dessert vanilla lollies...

Best HM lollies I've ever tasted :D Very similar to the vanilla mini milks that I love!

Now I have to make sure I stop after having just the one... :p
    4.3K posts
    Hopefully, I'll be spending a bit of time in MrA on Sunday....& was thinking of getting the imfamous 3p dessert whip to try as lollies.

We don't eat these types of thing as a rule, so do you think they'll pass muster as HM mini-milk:confused: