New Post Advanced Search

HM Lollies

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
143 replies 13K views

Replies

• OlliebeakOlliebeak Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Thanks for that, Pretz. Sounds like a decent alternative to ice cream for my dgd who has a cow's milk allergy. In fact, it sounds good for all my grandkids - SmartPrice bananas, here I come!
  • GingernutmegGingernutmeg Forumite
    3.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Olliebeak wrote: »
    Thanks for that, Pretz. Sounds like a decent alternative to ice cream for my dgd who has a cow's milk allergy. In fact, it sounds good for all my grandkids - SmartPrice bananas, here I come!

It does make tasty 'lollies' but you need to make sure that the bananas you use are fairly ripe. I tried it with some slightly under-ripe ones and they were horrible, really bitter and not nice.

• missyg_3missyg_3 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    ✭✭✭
    I've tried freezing Muller Vitality yoghurt drinks today... they weren't TOO bad, but let's just say I prefer them in their original format ;)

I'd really like to make one that tastes just like a vanilla 'mini milk' lolly, I guess I'll try the Angel Delight method :)
  • angukanguk Forumite
    3.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got my new Lakeland catalogue this week and noticed they've got Rocket Lolly moulds! I'd love some but they're a bit on the expensive side at £9.99, I'll just have to stick to my £1 poundstretcher set!
    http://www.lakeland.co.uk/product.aspx/!12196
    Dum Spiro Spero
  • BigMummaFBigMummaF Forumite
    4.3K posts
    I saw a set of 4 moulds in MrS the other day, for £1-49. They had the little straw attachment on the stick to catch the drips & let [STRIKE]you[/STRIKE] the kiddies drink them:p

I'm thinking of getting them--at the time I thought they were too small, but now realise they would be ideal for portion control for those watching their figure!
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

1.5K posts
    ✭✭✭
    They sound the same as the ones I have from M&S, BigMumma. They're not as small as they seem... I bought two sets so that we can always have some on the go :D

Just waiting for the current batch to be finished then I'm going to try a batch using Sainsburys Supreme Dessert (vanilla).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie
    CATHY wrote: »
    who remembers frozen Jubilees

triangular and would last for ever till your lips were blue and completely numb ;D

I remember choosing between walkling home with a frozen jubbly on a very hot summers day, or getting the bus for the two mile trip which cost 3d(1 1/2p) in those days Jubblies won everytime circa 1956.I can't believe it was over 50 years ago Doesn't time fly when your enjoying yourself:j
    4.3K posts
    I feel a tinsy tiny dent on my brand new Grocery Challenge coming on:o But then I'll have to make some room in the freezer too.....It's hard work this lolly-making intit:eek:

1.5K posts
    ✭✭✭
    OK - verdict on Sainsburys supreme dessert vanilla lollies...

Best HM lollies I've ever tasted :D Very similar to the vanilla mini milks that I love!

Now I have to make sure I stop after having just the one... :p
    4.3K posts
    Hopefully, I'll be spending a bit of time in MrA on Sunday....& was thinking of getting the imfamous 3p dessert whip to try as lollies.

We don't eat these types of thing as a rule, so do you think they'll pass muster as HM mini-milk:confused: