New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

HM Lollies

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
143 replies 13K views

Replies

• lil_melil_me Forumite
    13.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woolies, ASDA, Tesco

Plastic cups with a lolly stick in :D then I don't 'get cross' when they leave the sticks somewhere and can't find them again (usually lawn mower finds them in the garden!)
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • ZziggiZziggi Forumite
    2.5K posts
    ... everyone seems to know where these mould are except me. How come i've missed them all summer ?:confused::confused:

Thanks everyone
  • lil_melil_me Forumite
    13.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    £1 shops aswell, seen them last week
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • Hooray, it's time to make the kids some ice lollies again. I normally just bung some strawberry flavoured yoghurt in our moulds. Thought I might branch out this year (daring, or what!). What's popular with your kids (or you for that matter!!)?
  • purpleivypurpleivy Forumite
    3.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used to use chocolate angel delight, but I have to say I'm not sure I would use that now, it's a bit of an artificial creation... but makes OK lollies!
    [SIZE=-1]"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad"[/SIZE]
    Trying not to waste food!:j
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • Penelope_PenguinPenelope_Penguin Forumite
    17.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped! Best Buy Bear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We like HM fruit smoothies, frozen. There are 2 older threads here:

HM Lollies

HM lollies

HTH, Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • Pink.Pink. Forumite
    17.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Sleepybookworm,

I've added your thread to the threads that Penny mentioned as it helps to keep all the replies together.

Pink
  • salomesalome Forumite
    352 posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Make up a jelly with half a pint of boiling water, then add one American measuring cup of un-diluted squash to match or compliment flavour of jelly, put into moulds and freeze. Lovely juicy, full of flavour ice lollies that don't drip :-)
    A work in progress :D
  • missyg_3missyg_3 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for this great thread :D Apparently you can make ice lollies from Nesquik powder milkshake too - haven't tried it yet. I imagine it would be similar to the Angel Delight ones :)

I'll look forward to trying the other ideas from here!

Forgot to add: I got my moulds from M&S £1.50 each.
  • pretz_2pretz_2 Forumite
    528 posts
    ok its not a lolly but just as yummy my dd loves frozen bannanas i just basically peel the bannana wrap in cling film then freeze it taste like real bannana ice cream but is super healthy and no added nasties perfect for my dd who has a stupid amount of allergies:D