New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

HM Lollies

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
143 replies 13K views

Replies

• but what about jubblys? what where they.  ???
    Kids who couldn't pronounce Jubilees ;D ;D
    No seriously they are the same thing.............they are now called sun lollies but are a lot smaller than they used to be and the flavours aren't as good ;D
  • i'm begining to think i have a typing impediment. :-[
  • i'm begining to think i have a typing impediment.  :-[
    ;D
  • Chris25Chris25 Forumite
    12.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but what about jubblys? what where they.  ???

they were called jubblys though weren't ? not jubilees? Not that it matters, if they don't make them any more ;D
    they were large, triangular ices. I think shops sold them either frozen or liquid so you could put them in your own freezer.
    Were those red ones called Mountain Fire?
  • ArilAril Forumite
    1.9K posts
    ✭✭✭
    With the warmer weather technically approaching I spotted that Superdrug currently have a line of ice lolly moulds in store which make 4 and have the non drip feature for the very OS price of £1
    Aril
    Aiming for a life of elegant frugality wearing a new-to-me silk shirt rather than one of hair!
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • calleywcalleyw Forumite
    9.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use the juice from tinned fruit to make ice lollies.

I have never made them using Yoghurt but believe that you can.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • doddsydoddsy Forumite
    396 posts
    I put some squash in first and top up with hm yogurt, mix a little and freeze, it freezes in a marbled pattern and is very nice!
    regards
    Doddsy
    We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, ignore the small daily differences we can make which, over time, add up to big differences that we often cannot foresee.
    – Marian Wright Edelman
  • skyrocketskyrocket Forumite
    468 posts
    I use my juicer to juice some apples and freeze that. Its lovely on a hot day.
  • Rachie_BRachie_B Forumite
    8.8K posts
    ooh good price,we need some more lolly moulds :)

i use orange juice mixed with lemonade,my sons fave fizzy lolly or summer fruits squash made up with lemonade

any juice is refreshing though :)
  • stressedoutmumof1stressedoutmumof1 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I remember my mum used to make shandy lollies with my dad's hm beer and lemonade :D
    Squares knitted for my throw ~ 90 (yes!!! I have finally finished it :rotfl: )
    Squares made for my patchwork quilt ~ 80 (only the "actual" quilting to do now :rotfl:)