New Post Advanced Search

HM Lollies

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
143 replies 13K views

Replies

• but what about jubblys? what where they.  ???
    Kids who couldn't pronounce Jubilees ;D ;D
    No seriously they are the same thing.............they are now called sun lollies but are a lot smaller than they used to be and the flavours aren't as good ;D
  • i'm begining to think i have a typing impediment. :-[
  • i'm begining to think i have a typing impediment.  :-[
    ;D
  • Chris25Chris25 Forumite
    12.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    but what about jubblys? what where they.  ???

they were called jubblys though weren't ? not jubilees? Not that it matters, if they don't make them any more ;D
    they were large, triangular ices. I think shops sold them either frozen or liquid so you could put them in your own freezer.
    Were those red ones called Mountain Fire?
  • ArilAril Forumite
    1.9K posts
    ✭✭✭
    With the warmer weather technically approaching I spotted that Superdrug currently have a line of ice lolly moulds in store which make 4 and have the non drip feature for the very OS price of £1
    Aril
    Aiming for a life of elegant frugality wearing a new-to-me silk shirt rather than one of hair!
  • calleywcalleyw Forumite
    9.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use the juice from tinned fruit to make ice lollies.

I have never made them using Yoghurt but believe that you can.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • doddsydoddsy Forumite
    396 posts
    I put some squash in first and top up with hm yogurt, mix a little and freeze, it freezes in a marbled pattern and is very nice!
    regards
    Doddsy
    We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, ignore the small daily differences we can make which, over time, add up to big differences that we often cannot foresee.
    – Marian Wright Edelman
  • skyrocketskyrocket Forumite
    468 posts
    I use my juicer to juice some apples and freeze that. Its lovely on a hot day.
  • Rachie_BRachie_B Forumite
    8.8K posts
    ooh good price,we need some more lolly moulds :)

i use orange juice mixed with lemonade,my sons fave fizzy lolly or summer fruits squash made up with lemonade

any juice is refreshing though :)
  • stressedoutmumof1stressedoutmumof1 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    I remember my mum used to make shandy lollies with my dad's hm beer and lemonade :D
    Squares knitted for my throw ~ 90 (yes!!! I have finally finished it :rotfl: )
    Squares made for my patchwork quilt ~ 80 (only the "actual" quilting to do now :rotfl:)