PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    Ollie Your daughter is doing so well. Having read about the bully she used to live with I am sending a very deserving pat on the back & ((big hug)) xx
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Being greeted with a lovely welcoming hug by DD when I went up to bed last night, then she sighed and turned her back on me for the rest of the night! At least the hug was fabulous and she'd warmed the bed nicely for me :j

2. Adding some different presents to the advent calendar - DD had a cracker yesterday with a plastic car to assemble which she did so quickly and happily that I decided that I would add in some freebie leg0 bags I'd got from a newspaper last year and take out some of the DVDs. At this rate, by using crackers and raisins as well, I think I'll have enough DVDs/Leg0 left over to fill next year's calendar - nothing like planning ahead :rotfl:

3. Looking forward to making some gingerbread xmas trees for the fete tomorrow. Even though I'm going to be flying solo as will be driving DD up to my parents for the weekend, I'm still looking forward to it, hope I don't get sad thinking of her not being with me whilst all the festive fun is taking place *sigh* but rather that than have this horrible ear infection carry on for much longer

4. Planning on finishing wrapping the presents whilst she's away using my free paper from Mr W/Telegraph promotion a couple of weeks ago.

5. Looking forward to some freebie choccies tomorrow from the same source :D
  • Matody
    Matody Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    1 - Load of washing drying on the radiators (trying best not to use tumbler)
    2 - Fridge nearly empty as being using up before shopping (would of normally done it Monday, but there was stuff needing using up and if I'd done the shop then, would of wasted what was lurking in the fridge)
    3 - Making jelly with fruit in for snack / pack lunches instead of buy them.
    4 - Keeping the down stairs looking clean and clutter free while I tackle upstairs
    5 - I got some light green tea, coffee & sugar canisters that are 10 years old and the writing has come off (been like this for about 4 years) - after years of been sick of having to look in them to see if I got the right one, I decide to buy some more but instead I completely cleaned them and wrote the names back on, so I didn't buy anymore:T
    Grocery Challenge - Aug 407.97/£320 - NSD 3/5
    September 195.19 / 300

Konmarie my house along side being a flylady!
  • redsquirrel80
    redsquirrel80 Posts: 12,457 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for the interview wishes, I think it went quite well :)

1. For once in my life, coming out of an interview feeling I've done well. I was nervous but I think I answered the questions well enough. I would love the job, but even if I don't get it, it's been a good experience.
    2. Making pheasant and root veg stew before I set off this morning and putting it in the slow cooker - popped back in at lunchtime and it smells amazing!
    3. Lovely sunny bright cold day :)
    4. Not a pleasure that OH is having a bad week, but good to know I can help him feel better and that it's helping us communicate better.
    5. Lots of texts and posts this morning about my interview, made me smile lots!

Have a good weekend everyone x
    Debt@16.12.09 £10,362.38, now debt free as of 29.02.2012.
    "I cannot make my days longer so I strive to make them better."
  • Muppet81
    Muppet81 Posts: 951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning all :A

It is a lovely sunny day up in my Yorkshire hills and a joy to get out in it. Hope the same sun is shining on your part of Yorkshire Bella?

Rummer and Sunnygirl - sorry to hear about you both being affected by redundancy. Fingers crossed that something turns up soon for both your OHs.
    Acey - I hope you manage to resolve the access issues without too much aggravation.
    Kittikins - Hopefully DD is feeling better by now? Earache is horrible!
    Redsquirel - Hope that your interview went well today?

My pleasures so far today:
    1) The sun shining brilliantly on Chez Muppet even though it is very cold
    2) Have just received a lovely food hamper as a present from my lovely new cousin who I found this year when doing my family tree.
    3) Received a Christmas card from an old friend who I have not seen for several years. She suggested getting together in the New Year which would be wonderful.
    4) I have started to complete a book which a friend has given me and asked me to complete as a Christmas present for her. She is just about to start a long course of very unpleasant medical treatment and has asked me to do this for her to cheer her up. It is called Dear Friend and I have to fill in details on the empty pages with headings such as "What do you remember about your childhood" "What do you remember about the places you have lived" "What were you favourite toys and games". "What did you think when you first met me" It is a thick hardbacked book with a lot of pages and it will take me a lot of time to complete it but it is bringing back a lot of things I had forgotten and I am finding it rewarding to do.
    5) Final of I'm a celeb tonight ! Mr M and I will be glued to the TV :o

Love and hugs to all of you who need them today
    xx
    Thank you for this site :jNow OH and I are both retired, MSE is a Godsend
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi all

Rummer, I am sorry to hear about your OH redundancy, but with your OS skills you will manage to front the crisis, I am sure!

Acey, I hope you put the ex and his fiancee in their place, stay strong!

Kittikins, hope your DD gets better soon!

Redsquirrel, well done on interview, looking forward to hearing the (hopefully positive) outcome!

Matody, welcome to this thread, good to see your pleasures, I am sure you will enjoy it here, very friendly place!

I am a bit better, went out with DD but now feeling so tired I am nearly going to bed - but here first of course!

Here are mine for the day:

1 - Sun shining, did my usual sunning without specs at the bus stop, only DD there so no funny stares (she already knows I am bonkers!).

2 - Feeling much much better today.

3 - Went to buy thermals for DS in M&S outlet in Lewisham, at the till they came out as buy 1 get 1 half price (so of course I got a 4th!). DS is well pleased!

4 - Still in M&S Outlet, DD pointed to me a jumper - very reasonably priced - that she would have wanted to buy for her BF but did not have money, so I bought it instead, as his Christmas present from the family. One prezzie sorted, at least!

5 - DD and DS made stir fry veg with rice for lunch, it was delicious.

Going for a rest now, love to all xxx
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not posted for a few days. Hope you are all OK.

1. Watching DS in the nursery nativity-come-Christmas play. OK he didn't sing, join in or wear all of his costume but he didn't pick his nose!! Just kept biting his nails the whole way through but I can live with that :)
    2. My H is appearing in the new Men's Health as part of reader's stories on weight loss. I haven't seen the finished article but I am proud of him and all he's achieved the last few years.
    3. House looks lovely and festive. Am loving the Christmas season, it just makes my heart sing.
    4. It was lovely and sunny this morning when I did the school run. Bit of sunshine always makes me feel good.
    5. Got out into the garden this afternoon and raked up the rest of the oak leaves. Won't stay like it for long but it now looks nice and tidy out there.
    6. OK not MSE or OS but we are having a takeaway for tea when H gets in from work late. Mouth is watering at the thought of it.
    7. The fact that despite my H loathing his job at the moment he still goes to work and puts up with all the carp to keep a roof over our heads and to pay the bills.
    8. Watched both versions of Miracle on 34th Street over the last week and I love them both!
    9. Sampling the chocolate rum truffle mixture - woo hoo there's a definate kick in there!
    10. Managing to spend very little money during the week. OK do end up spending at weekends sometimes but better that than every day :D

Have a lovely weekend everyone. I've enjoyed reading all your pleasures.
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • Reverbe
    Reverbe Posts: 4,210 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 4 December 2009 at 7:32PM
    Options
    Hello again all. Thanks for your lovely messages.I was very touched by all your good wishes. I have been reading this thread every day but a combination of things in my personal life and board issues have meant I have been relectant to post. I have been writing things down and meaning to post catchups but I just don't know where the time goes lately.

Will start with today as the last one is rather mega to me at the mo...

Friday

Now this is a day I dread cos my flatmate goes on his annual lads Xmas shopping trip and boozeup and he tends to come in in rather a state to put it mildly but so far am having a great day and hopefully this year the fact we have cancelled Xmas, that he cant afford to buy anything or spend much on booze means he might be ok this year.

1. M&S samples of biscuits, chocolate biccies and Bucks Fizz. I might not be shopping in my local one anymore but it doesnt stop me getting freebies.

2. Bic survey in the street - gained me a handful of black biros

3. Metro, City Am and 3p on the street

4. Free Waitrose Duchy Mince Pies to test and used a £5 John Lewis voucher sent to me by them to buy a poussin and some escalopes

5. Chekch & Speake sample fragrances set beautifully packaged

6. Library books - new cook books - cooking for one and new home larder

7. They have been filming an insurance ad in my local high street for an entire week. Today I got to meet Omid Djalili who stars in it and after it finished (it was set in a market) they let us take all the stuff home. I got a tip off from the lady in the local charity shop cos I go in there quite a lot who told me go back when it gets dark and they will be up for grabs. Most of it was humungously oversized. I saw it yesterday and thought it was all plastic but no its all real and very good quality.Came home with - a small potted primula,small mixed bunch of flowers(they went quick so not much cop but I was more concerned with the veg) 2 turnips or swedes,2 lage leeks,1 large clementine,1 pear,1 large orange,2 lemons,2 courgettes, 2 huge and one medium potato, half a huge bunch of parsley, 1 wrapped cucumber,3 red and 1 orange peppers,1 large and one small red apples, handfuls of tomatoes and mushrooms, 5 large parsnips,8 bananas (6 bunched). I am meal planning and so far have got jacket spuds, a vat of root veg soup. courgettes to have with my chicken and mushrooms for dinner tonight. Could have taken a lot more if it hadnt been so busy and scattered.
    8. had a huge pan of fried free mushrooms and a banana for dinner
    9 DVD night with Tesco value beers . Jay & Silent bob bought ages ago for 500p from library and Volver
    What Would Bill Buchanan Do?
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening everyone :D

Not such a busy day today but very enjoyable even so.

1. I had my eyes tested (so did DH & DS2) and my prescription has gone up both for distance glasses and reading glasses :eek: I took last years reading glasses with me & they're going to put new lenses in free of charge :T

2. Our labrador, Susie, has been sent into the kitchen as I've been typing this as she is full of beans & was annoying Max the other dog. She's been stood next to me trying to eat the computer mouse :rotfl:

3. DH is going to have a bath then take both dogs out saving me a job.

4. Being proud of my daughter as she set off to her part time job an hour ago. She works very hard at college (she's doing a level 3 diploma in Childcare that used to be called the NNEB) and is waitressing at a hotel for extra money :A

5. An anticipated pleasure of a long bath soon and watching Spooks on BBC3 at 9pm funky%20banana.gif

Huge HS_i17.gif for everyone & I hope that you have all had good days with pleasures aplenty xx
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,202 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Isn't it cold?! And foggy too. :-(

Not a bad day today, here's my 5:

1) Glad to get to school safely. Why the county council insist on NOT GRITTING the main road (which leads eventually to Birmingham!) goodness only knows. Did 2 little skids this morning. In past years I have done bigger skids and once did a pirouette! Its a 7 mile round trip to school and I dread it when its icy.

2) Went to Hereford. Got all the stocking fillers, the new pyjamas for Christmas Eve and some erm... socks.

3) Had lunch in my favourite cafe (Homity pie and 2 salads) then went to the Cathedral to check on my favourite window.

4) Popped into our local town after school and got some magazines from the library swap shop, some Christmassy kids books from the library itself and printed out my college homework. Then went to the sweet shops (saw 2 of my colleagues from where I used to work on the way) and had a look at the river which is dropping a bit.

5) Made a nice tea which was appreciated by the smaller people. Chicken Korma and rice followed by apples baked in the oven filled with mincemeat.

6) Boys are about to have a bath then will stay up late to watch a bit of Celebrity with me.

7) Oh yes, did the 30 minutes "Free Step" exercise on the Wii Fit today as well!

L
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family