PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• bunny_too
    bunny_too Posts: 266 Forumite
    edited 5 December 2009 at 1:32PM
    Options
    Morning everyone,my 5 for today are.

1. All pre. ready for our mini christmas weekend. Have invited few friends over to share in the fun. Festive fun begining at 1.00.:snow_grin

2. House all clean and tidy, with help from my son.:j

3. Love the smell of all things christmassy.:xmastree:

4. Trying my homemade baileys. Had it on my porridge this morning very yum yum. Serving it with ice pre dinner. Friends fav tipple.

5. Spent time reading posts on here and a few other boards too.

Have a great os day, and hugs to all who need them.:A
  • blackcrow
    Options
    Hi all,

been very bad this week and not even read your posts, let alone posted myself?! feel like i haven't stopped all week with xmas-y stuff most evenings with my son and spent the others falling asleep of an evening on the sofa under a snuggle blanket to keep warm, lol.

Muppet - thats great news! really am SO very pleased for you :-) my dad went into hospital for his op yesterday and mum rang this morning to say all went as planned and they MIGHT let him out today, or if not tomorrow so got everything crossed...

Caterina - oh dear, sorry to hear you are having a difficult time at the moment. whatever the outcome i hope you manage to work out what is best for you and your happiness... everyone deserves to feel loved and supported x

Ollie - keep smiling and hugs!

hugs to anyone else struggling at the moment, fingers crossed for you that things will change for the better!

my few for the week:

1) scraping the money together to buy a ticket to watch my son singing in a choir concert this week - was so beautiful i nearly cried (but shhh, don't tell anyone) and felt so proud i nearly burst (actually closer to the truth than i would like to admit lately as i can't afford new clothes and appear to be putting a bit of weight on, sigh...)

2) all homemade meals this week... apart from last night when the pizza bases and sauce came ready made but the toppings were done by me (does that count?)

3) neighbours of my mum and dad being very supportive and kind - one drove them to the hospital so mum could stay all day and not get 2nd mortgage parking ticket yesterday, another picked mum up and brought her home, another cooked a meal for mum and it was in her oven waiting for her when she got home - all offered and not asked for or complete suprises... long live community spirit?! (trying not to feel guilty for not being able to be there for mum and dad other than in spirit but they live 4 hrs drive away and i can't get time off work with new temp job)

4) one of my cats getting into bed with me this morning for a cuddle (even if he was freezing cold, wet and hogged the pillow!)

5) it's saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enjoy your weekend all!

bc
    never play leapfrog with a unicorn...
  • Muppet81
    Muppet81 Posts: 951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello all :A

Blackcrow - that is good news about your Dad. Hope he is back on his feet very soon.
    Kitchenbunny - hope you are feeling a bit brighter today, special hugs going out to you.
    Ollie - so sorry to read about your tenant. It is a time we all dread isn't it and having known him so long he must seem like family.

Oops! being called ... will post pleasures later.
    xx
    Thank you for this site :jNow OH and I are both retired, MSE is a Godsend
  • Patchwork_Quilt
    Options
    Hi chaps, and a hug to Rummer for the bad news.

1) A lie in. I love Saturdays.
    2) Coffee date/breakfast in the local coffee shop with DH. They had one piece of gluten free raspberry and coconut cake left so guess where that went?
    3) Managed to get DS a lovely hoodie from a local shop that we usually ignore because of the prices, but it was 30% off. Now stored in our bedroom for his birthday, which is just after Christmas, poor thing.
    4) Crocheted my first corsage. I don't like them but a friend wants one so I had a go. Not sure if it will be acceptable but we will see.
    5) Wrapped up a handstitched stocking that I made for another friend. I filled it full of mini jam and chutney pots, some seeds, a truffle bomb from Thorntons and a tiny tube of handcream. An inexpensive present but I think she will enjoy everything in it.
  • nuttybabe
    nuttybabe Posts: 2,299 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All

Thanks Ollie. Think I will threaten them with Jeremy Kyle!! :P

Mine to today:

1 Sold a sock monkey - well, one has been ordered and will start on him tonight, the cheque is in the post!!!!!!!!!! whoo hoo!!!!!!!!!! The start of my empire!!!!

2 Lie in as kids happily played with Otis quietly this morning after finding him asleep in dd's toy buggy!!!

3 Playing xmas songs this morning and having a dance with the kids

4 Dh not going to football so could take me into town and occupy kids whilst i had a good old look in the pound shops

5 got some xmas presents that we wanted for kids cheaper than we were expecting to pay, good job as spent more on other things!!! :P

Thats it for me. Got a sock monkey to make!!! :)
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening all :D

Had a lovely lazy day here doing some sewing repairs to 2 pairs of jeans & a hem and also getting some cross stitch done as well. Also watched a Christmassy film on some free Sky channel with DD & DS3 - Flight of the Reindeer HSlights.gifI love all the slushy films at this time of year!

My DH is in The Lions, a charitable organisation who are similarish to Rotary/Round Table, and 2 of his fellow Lions called round while he was out this afternoon needing help with a lady who Lions had agreed to give £200 to. She has nothing apart from a 2 seater sofa, a fridge & a cooker so they have bought her a bed & mattress, a slow cooker and a table at a charity furniture place. DH wasn't here to give them any more money for food (he's the Treasurer) so I filled 2 carrier bags with spare food stocks so the lady wouldn't go hungry this weekend until the banks open. Things like pasta, naan breads, tinned beans, tinned toms, noodles etc and a bar of choc as I felt she deserved it. We've also arranged to give her MIL's full dinner service, cutlery, pans, wardrobe, chest of drawers & microwave rather than let them get sold for a pittance to a house clearance place. I feel humbled that I worry about not having enough yet we have so so much in comparison :o Totally what this thread is about of course HShuggies.gif

My five for today then are:

1. Been in a position to have a few spare stocks of dried goods.

2. Knowing that a woman will have food in her for a few days.

3. Lovely cosy afternoon with my daughter & youngest son.

4. Seeing a bird whilst I was in the garden this morning & thinking to myself 'I bet Ampersand & Ollie would know what that was' :rotfl:

5. Laughing at Max, our Beagle, who is scared of next door's outdoor Christmas tree & lights. He won't go anywhere near the fence & fair sprints to the front gate doggie.gif

With HSarmhugs_9780.gifto anyone who would like one & have a nice evening xxx
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi all

A quick one as I am really tired. First of all hugs to all who need and cheers to everybody (apologies for impersonal greeting but desperate to go to sleep before Big Meeting Day!).

Here are my five for today:

1 - Feeling much better, still coughing but nothing as bad.

2 - DH is continuing treating me very nicely. Hope it lasts!

3 - Savingforoz arrived this evening and she is staying with me overnight to come to the meet tomorrow.

4 - I was not well enough to go out in the evening so we ordered a lovely curry takeaway, everybody loved it.

5 - Although they are not threaded yet, the blinds are up (so that savingforoz can have some privacy in her room), DH helped by DD's BF put up the wooden sticks and velcroed them so they are now sticking there, not able to go up, but soon will be fully operational! They are SO NOT STRAIGHT but hey I am still very proud of my work, first time and all off my own steam!

Love to all and good night xxx
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • bellaquidsin
    bellaquidsin Posts: 1,100 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well, our Yorkshire break is now behind us and it was lovely and yes Muppet we did experience the lovely sunshine yesterday but had to leave it behind but:-

1. The lovely sunshine followed us through Derbyshire.

2. All food packed before we left and eaten in the car - got to redeem myself on the OS front.

3. All holiday washing done - two loads dry on the airers and the third one just about to be hung.

4. Buying a much less than half price skirt in a garden centre today. Strange place to buy clothes but I've had some really good bargains there just lately.

5. A meal out, not very OS but I did take some choccies to hand around the family to save buying pudding.

Bella.
    A man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth. Luke 12 v 15
  • funkymonkey849
    Options
    1. My gorgeous new sewing box, bought for me by a friend from the car boot this morning

2. Lighting the advent candle, also a car boot bargain - 10p haggled down from 20p! LOL

3. Making a yummy sauce for salmon from leftover bits and bobs from the fridge

4. Seeing my dream house today and hopefully OH will agree when he sees it on Wed...and we can afford it :D

5. Looking forward to baking tomorrow - chocolate brownies and fruit loaf
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,190 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    5 for today:

1) Having a tonne of logs delivered this morning (I was still in bed so had to get up sharpish!!) It took me an hour to carry them round the back of the house and stack them so now there is a MASSIVE woodpile, a pile in the porch and a pile up each side of the stove. :-) My neighbour appeared half way through and gave me a hand.

2) Having a good tidy and clean up, 2 loads of washing, hoovering etc while the boys were having lunch with their father.

3) Watching Return of the Jedi in front of the fire with my sons.

4) Helping my younger son clean his "kitchen" which is 2 shelves under the stairs and lots of Ikea kids size pots, pans and plates.

5) Watching Casualty with both sons and being served mince pies by younger son (that he had cooked) then lots of imaginary food from his kitchen!

L
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport