PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,223 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Let's hope this post doesn't disappear!

Pleasures for today (Tuesday)

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Work OK.

3) Popped to Sainsburys after work and the nursery for a couple of plants for the front garden.

4) 2 egg day for the chickens! They had been down to 1 for a fortnight or so and we think the 2nd might be Barbara's.

5) Bigger son did a bit of homework.
  • topsyturphy
    topsyturphy Posts: 1,646 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My pleasures for today

1. Lovely drive home from work this morning.
    2. Hair cut & colour - feels much better.
    3. Fresh coffee on return home.
    4. Washing dried on line.
    5. Watching TV & more crocheting done.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello from blooming chilly Melbourne, it's been so cold today. Damp and dismal. But sun is supposed to shine tomorrow so we will hold out for that! Yesterday was horizontal rain, high winds and heavy hailstones. We have some big branches down on our front tree and lots of tiny branches off our driveway tree.

Yesterday happened! I spent most of it in tears. Was in tears before we even got to hospital, tears at hospital , tears during hospital and tears last night. I feel all cried out. Results weren't as bad as they could have been but not great either ...not that great was ever really on the cards. The end result is still the same but we still have to keep on making the most of the time we have left.

We had lovely steak pie for dinner, which was all pre-prepared. Tonight we are having macaroni.

Did a grocery shop. Needed basics. Bought a gift card ( did last week) and will try and save up every week for Christmas shop.

We had to stay in for palliative care nurse, who was late. He was not the cheeriest, very matter of fact. We don't really need their care at the moment as OH is doing okay so see you in a few weeks ...and send someone who smiles!

Picked some pretty purple flowers from the front garden. I'm not sure what they are but I like them and there's lots of them.

Have a good day :)
  • Burly_Shirley
    Options
    I love reading all your OS pleasures.

Before I get up and face the busy day ahead, I've been thinking of mine from yesterday.

1 - diversity week at work so went to learn a bit about Sikhism and meditation. Very interesting.

2 - got a free henna tattoo. Very beautiful.

3 - watched no TV in the evening. Very peaceful.

4 - ate a batch-cooked bean and veg stew for dinner. Very satisfying.

5 - rummaged and found all ingredients for son to have his fav dinner. Very happy son ergo very happy me.

Wishing everyone a day full of pleasures :)
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Saw MIL on Sunday and I think she listened to us about using ambulance to dialysis rather than taxi. She is frightened of falling and a taxi drops her at her gate whereas an ambulance will see her to the door. She will be happier about walking so less likely to fall. She also still cooks in her top oven and has problems getting food out. Hopefully she has listened and will use the main oven.

2. DH fixed the steps at front of house. They no longer wobble when you stand on them. He did a good job and it didn't take long.
    I washed my car while he was doing it. My car looks silver now.

3. Washing still drying on the line. I hate having to dry it inside.

4. Work ok and still taking lunch in.

5. DS1 phoned again and this time just for a chat which was nice. He does phone (hands free)on way home from work
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,945 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    huge hugs mhags and family. and doggy licks to haggis from my boys
    diversity week sounds fab BS
    1) last portion of chicken stew out of the freezer for lunch
    2) took dogs for long walk and phoned dad for a catch up
    3) which was the only thing that got me up to my 10000 steps, the last 50 done pacing the bedroom listening to the archers :rotfl:
    4) caught the first episode of cold feet on stvplayer (it was its last day up phew). really enjoyed it
    5) thinking how lucky i am mr piano needed a room at this stage of my life. he's turned the house back into a home - chaotic, noisy, lived in.
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all, waiting in for the oven repair man. Our oven has been working on one element for the longest time, I think once it's done it will be one of those "why did we out up with it for so long?" Things. I am going to book him in for a clean too.

Pleasures since the weekend

1 don't know if I'd put about DS and me going to the pictures? It's not cool to be seen out with your mum, so I had to drive to a cinema 15 miles away.. We saw Oasis "Supersonic". Verrrrry good. I should think interesting even if you aren't into Oasis but especially for us as it's our thing.... :D
    2 taken a few days off after submitting. Had to clean the house from top to bottom. A real spring (autumn) clean. I even had to dust the walls :eek: today is the kitchen. Cupboards and all.
    3 we are trying to get those niggling jobs done - hence the oven- yesterday we had a window man come about replacing / repairing some which have blown, or which we can't close (and therefore can't open)
    4 met friend in town for lunch on Monday.
    5. Watched "Zulu" with OH last night. Having gone to Isandlwana and Rorkes Drift in the summer, we thought we'd watch the films. Zulu Dawn on Saturday night, Zulu last night. Zulu was better but neither was spoilt by the fact that we'd been there so know that it wasn't the same place. They can now be Kondoed.

Have a great day all. Time to don rubber gloves.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    Just a couple for yesterday..
    1. An unintentional lay in, I woke up, and for some bizarre reason drifted back into a deep sleep for 2 hours.:o:o
    2. Whole house cleaned topped and tailed, it’s pleasure when it’s done, also making sure the place is very clean as the little fella from the vets has a wound from the surgery. I’m finding it takes longer these days I have to stop for breaks listening to my body.:p
    3. An early dinner from the freezer as we are going to a volunteers meeting for a couple of hours this evening.

For today so far, back with more later.
    1. Both DH and I got up with the intention to head over the bridge but an accident in the bridge means we haven’t headed out just yet, luckily we checked the traffic first.
    2. Breakfast this morning went along the lines of I can toast the ends of the bread or I will have to make up some powdered milk none of it was too appealing but toast was had.:rotfl:
    3. Phone started ringing early, it makes me a bit paranoid about DF, but this was good news for me, for an interview slot.:cool:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) A trip to Ikea and getting what I wanted for Zebras Christmas presents.

2) Walking to the village nursery and buying and planting out some cyclamen plants for the front tubs and boxes.

3) Lovely afternoon walk with Cookie and my friend Diane who has Rupert who is a donkey sized Labradoodle, wonderful beastie he is, has a coat like a teddy bear (same colour too) and he got on with Cookie like a house on fire.

4) Going out for supper tonight.

5) Being content. Content with who we are, where we live and what we've got. Just once in a while it's good to take stock of what is in life and appreciate what 'is'!
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,063 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 October 2016 at 1:40PM
    Options
    Returned from North Lincolnshire (a three and a half hour drive) on Monday with our lovely new GWP puppy, Rufus. Fully expected him to cry all the way back as he was the first of the litter to leave but he was a very good boy - just lay quietly in his dog crate and watched us both with great interest the whole way back. He has slept soundly every night, and is an absolute delight. He's so smart! He's already learnt 'sit' and 'stay' with words and also just with hand signals. He's gorgeous.

Edited :

I'd like to introduce you to Rufus, who has spent the morning happily exploring our field and hunting for fallen leaves :)

14556710_10154624873357704_897981462154119733_o.jpg

His coat will get wirehaired as he grows (both his parents were quite shaggy). We think he's a very handsome boy :)

(sorry that's such a huge image, I can't seem to shrink it)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport