PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,202 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today:

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Work went by OK.

3) Smaller son had a teacher training day so spent the day outside Stratford UA with my brother, surveying newts. (Brother has the right licence for this). Then they went for a bike ride.

4) Hens OK.

5) Went out after tea to my sister and brother in law's and played board games. Not long got back.

6) Electrician came back and wired shower back in.
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A good day achieved loads.

1. Managed to combine all the shopping I needed to do and visit to post office without having to double back on myself. Met a friend in the post office and had a good chat.

2. Started my Christmas shopping. Some nice biscuits were on special offer so thought would do for mother in law. She still hasn't opened the DVD box set of Downton Abbey we gave her last year. A Christmas hamper for her this year - if she doesn't eat the food we can when we visit.

3. Bought some cyclamen at garden centre to put in pots at the front of the house with violas I've grown from seed and some bulbs. I chatted to a member of staff about their Christmas grotto which is being built. It is always magical.

4. Sorted all the onions out that have been drying. Only had 4 that need using up quickly as becoming soft. I have enough to last the winter.

5. Picked flowers from the garden and they are looking good in a vase.
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 October 2016 at 8:43AM
    Options
    CJ that Rufus is a beautiful boy....those eyes!!
    Firth your boys say the funniest things!
    Missed you Ampersand. Glad you are posting again even though things seems upside down for yoos all just now.

* What started out as new floor tile has morphed into plans for walls being textured (started) and painted, laundry room cabinets being painted, pantry being built... so far. OH is on board and helped pick out wall color for laundry room>> Rainwashed. Seems apropos. ;)
    I'm remodeling until the Boss says stop. (Sometimes I'm the boss, sometimes he's the boss...it balances out :D )

* Yummy yummy steak with grilled asparagus, mushrooms, spring onions and asedaro cheese melted on top. Be still my beating heart! Date night!

* Highschool football game. We got annihilated. But it was a beautiful fall night sitting outside in the stadium with my love. :love:
    Note to BoP: This was proper football with helmets and pads. :D

* Our workman is talented and fast. :T :T:money:

* We love the tile we picked. Whoo!!! It's not too dark!! :j
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,927 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope all is sorting &
    So what's the tile style msm? I am slowly planning my whole house. Currently very drawn by http://www.lauraashley.com/page/search?q=Summer+palace+cranberry for curtains and small feature wall in my bedroom. I have stuck wallpaper sample on wall and deciding on paint colour for other 3 walls
    1) chillied beans (i.e. Value beans with chilli flakes and tomato) on toast for brekkie
    2) slow cooked aubergine, leek, tomato and the bacon that someone had left open so had gone a bit hard at the edges stew for lunch - lish, and 3 portions now in freezer
    3) pets for annual check at vets (hmmm can't think of anything mse about that as cat needs blood test due to losing weight, and dogs need teeth scaling which needs doing under anaesthetic so kerching for dogs and worry about cat)
    4) left overs supper - mr piano admires my creativity. Tasted good too
    5) book club - have acquired a taste for slim line tonic on its own - doing sober October much to amazement of book club friends. Book was pretty dire, but catching up with mates very good
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 October 2016 at 9:00AM
    Options
    DD it's Mohawk brand and I can't think of the name just now but it's 13" x 20" that we are having set in a brick pattern (staggered lines) with very thin grout lines. It's going to cover floors in three rooms and a small hall that are continuous...no door between. The kitchen and dining room, hall and then laundry room.
    I tried out samples of paint today. It looks so different on the wall than it does on a small card.

I love the curtains both pattern and color. It's such a good starting point to have.

I knew what I wanted the laundry room to look like but no idea as to the kitchen. At least all the paint is picked out for the laundry room and I just need to decide on a counter top and door for the pantry.
    The kitchen terrifies me.
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Blackbeard_of_Perranporth Posts: 7,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 8 October 2016 at 3:48PM
    Options
    5 Well feasted and watered last eve. Wobbleades a plenty, and a curry. Nice. Tum was Rubbed and the big Warster train was missed by a good few minutes! More Wobbleades were consumed. Mate checked inn. Tongues were wagging. Then home with BoPsie on small train.

4 Duvet has been tested. All is well with the duvet. Clothes seem to be all over the place! Wallet has been emptied. More later. Unfortunately it seems likely that BoPsies housekeeping is missing!

3 Just doing the fest of snorkers, best back, mushrooms, beans of baked, toast, buttered with marmite. This week not fried tatties as last week we had Ready meal, pie of cottage done weeks ago. And to top it off, scrambled eggs!

2 Day us day out with soup and home made sandwiches, not that week old stale bread on the shelf in the emporium. More later.

It is pretty remarkable you got this far without choking on your dunked biscuit!

Here is later!
    2nvuxjp.jpg
    Good head of Steam!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) DD1 is home, hoorah!

2) Lovely walk at the local arboretum this morning.

3) She treated us to lunch, yummy!

4) Found a couple of DVDs in a charity shop for Zebra for 50p each one is from 'the land before time series' with littlefoot the dinosaur and the other one is Burtha the machine which is the same vintage as Postman Pat and the girls loved it when they were smaller.

5) A hot shower after getting literally soaked to the skin when we walked Cookie this afternoon, it was just soooooo wet that DD and I decided we couldn't get any wetter and decided to enjoy it. We danced down the lane singing and jumping into the puddles, yes, insane but necessary!!!

6) An extra one today DD has just booked us tickets to see ELBOW in March, oh my word, what a treat!!!
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Have had a rubbish week at work, but am now off work for a week and DP's coming to stay on Monday :j
    Pleasures for today

1. Have had a very rare day off - no housework, no cooking, no cleaning, no ironing

2. it stayed dry all day just raining now

3. headed along the coast with friends, (once we got out of gridlocked city - major route closed for resurfacing resulting in horrendous traffic jams) and visited a 1940's tea bar for lunch which was fabulous

4. we wandered around the shops after lunch and I saw a lovely jacket in Next - tried it on, but at £60 there was no way I was buying it although I do need a winter padded waterproof jacket as its too cold for just my thin raincoat at the moment but not cold enough for my full length winter overcoat. Then one of the girls wanted stuff in Tesco to take home and whilst browsing I found an identical style jacket for £35, so decided to treat myself

5. picked up some nivea men face balm half price for DS for stocking filler
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,202 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Saturday).

1) A lie in! Smaller son did not wake up until 10.

2) We moved the big hen pen to fresh grass.

3) Went into town for a new inner tube for smaller son's bike. Saw my oldest friend and his wife walking towards us along the canal tow path in town - getting nearer and nearer. They walked past and then I said hello! Miles away. :-D

4) Sons collected some pokemon in town.

5) Made 2 flavours of ice cream in sister's ice cream maker.

6) Roast dinner.

7) Brother came round to play on the Xbox with smaller son.

8) Watched Casualty.

9) In bed now with 1hwb and will listen to the News Quiz.
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,051 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 October 2016 at 2:37AM
    Options
    My apologies if this is a bit of a blue pleasures post but there are pleasures.
    Dferret passed away in my arms Friday afternoon. :(

There were some for Friday morning:

Everything I was selling has sold, a few more pennies to the vet kittie when they pay. Some packing up to do and a few more things to sell. Considering I was going to donate it’s nice to get some pennies for them.

The interview in the city went well, and I applied for a couple of other things on the way back.

Saw some amazing autumn colours from the train as we started to come back into Kent so eye catching.

For Sat:
    I rummaged in the green house for a whole host of crocus bulbs that we will mark our little lads area and laid him to rest in the garden, my heart is hurting and my eyes are red.

Out to post the paid for sold things off, it has been lovely paying for postage online and just dropping it in though, the easy way.

It would have been very easy to hermit today, but we got off our bums from and travelled to visit the in laws, and it was a great decision.:)

Just got back at er this hour in the morning and taking time to admire the star lit sky, while the animals are running about. While it hurts a lot and my eyes keep watering, it is because he was loved, and it was nice to talk about it to like minded animal lovers in MIL who understand that our animals mean the world to us, they are our family.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure