PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening all.

It's been a thoroughly nasty day on the south coast (again :(), so most of my pleasures involve not having to go out in it:

1) NSD and NPD.

2) Ordered some cat food to be delivered tomorrow morning - it's slightly more expensive than the local shop, but it beats going outside! :o

3) My garden fence was finally fixed a couple of days ago, so it's not banging around in every gust of wind any more.

4) A brilliant grand prix, made all the better as I've now discovered there's a fault on the 5ky online service, but it didn't affect me until the race was over. :j

5) Lazy dinner - a packet of chickpea curry and some naan bread, both from AF, with some of the last of my HG tomatoes thrown in.

6) Curling up in a bit with a nice scented candle, a mug of hot ginger wine (despite the name, it's non-alcoholic, so suitable for a school night ;)) and possibly some ice skating, if 5ky decides to behave itself!

I hope everyone else is dry and safe in this miserable weather.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,201 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Here are my pleasures for today (Sunday).

1) Bit of a lie in.

2) Quick cooked breakfast (just sausages, fried eggs and beans).

3) Took sons sailing. :-) It was for 8-14 year olds so I got 3 hours to sit in the car and read yesterday's Guardian. They did very well (shared a boat) but the floods to drive there were quite something. The centre at the sailing place was flooded downstairs as well!

4) Went to my sister's for tea and to play board games. Sons very good there too.

5) Not been back long and smaller son has finished his spelling and bigger son has written his science homework so we are just about up to date...
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening all

1. As said, managed an additional 3+ hours of sleep this morning. Am trying to stay up for 1 more hour now in order to get a nice normal nights sleep
    2. Have had very lazy day which included watching another episode of the Killing. My Danish is coming along nicely :p
    3. I also watched the Grand Prix, which I don't normally. T'was exciting and Button is very pretty isn't he?
    4. 2 loads of washing done and on the line
    5. OH cooked roast chicken dinner. Have a stock cooking in the slow cooker to make soup with.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,625 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 25 November 2012 at 10:26PM
    Options
    The rain has gone and the sun is shining....
    excellent weather for drying the washing so hoping to get caught up with bedding and towels today....
    1. Doing the "hokey cokey" with the washing - the gusts have ceased and it
    has been sunny here with a few showers.

Think I was a bit too optmistic about the sun today :rotfl: needless to say it didnt last
    and I've been doing the hokey cokey too. Continuing from this morning:

5. shopping around online got DS a new double quilt cover for £8.97

6. baked some carrot and apple muffins whilst oven was on to roast the gammon.... nom nom nom :D

*This large page format is really irritating
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Skint if you go into your control panel, click 'edit options', then 'miscellaneous options' then 'forum skins' there's a drop-down with several choices for you to change the appearance of the page. hth
    mhags just read about the squeaky sand, sounds fun!
    Bop rain? Not so's you'd notice, much!

1. Speaking of rain, where was it? Woke up to a brilliantly sunny morning and other than the bitterly cold wind it was bright all day :D
    2. Had the last of the clotted cream on my morning porridge :drool:. It was delicious while it lasted, but back to normality and sk milk tomorrow
    3. Finally finished the C-word cards, all addressed, stamped, ready to send.
    4. Silly text conversation with DS this evening :)
    5. Just watching a programme about revenge of partners who have been treated badly - it would be hilarious if it was a film, but in fact it's quite scary watching the lengths some people will go to!

Sweet dreams :)
  • Patchwork_Quilt
    Options
    1) Had DD home for the weekend, so lots of conversations about books, friends etc instead of the manly maths stuff that DH and DS find so interesting.
    2) Went out for a family meal on Saturday night. Not MSE unless you count the fact that it is a fixed price buffet, so the extra costs are limited to how many drinks you have.
    3) Finally got the lavendar bags stitched up and sorted into groups, ready to give as Christmas presents. I wish I had the energy to make some for myself.
    4) 'Papered' the inside of a gloomy corner cupboard by sticking up some posh wallpaper (£2.80 in the sale) with Blu-Tack. Then I made some fabric hearts to hang on the key. It doesn't look quite as gloomy now.
    5) Made a meal for the grandparents and cooked ahead. Everything went down well, especially (as ever) the desserts. Don't have to cook tomorrow evening now, as the left-overs will do nicely.

Hope you all have a good week.
  • RevolvingDoor
    Options
    I have a night out tonight so the rest of my day has to be low or no-spend. A night out is rare nowadays and was budgeted for so I don't feel too guilty.;)

1. I just cooked up a lot of vegetable pasta while I was having my morning coffee and watching the news. 3 portions, 1 to have for lunch today, 1 for lunch or dinner tomorrow and 1 to freeze. I love cold pasta.:)

2. Free beauty treatments at home later with stuff I already have, face pack, manicure and pedicure, deep conditioner on hair with a free shower cap I had lying around.

3. Have to pay in a cheque from a refunded amount of money the council sent me.

4. I might have a mooch online and in the £ shop later to look for a wind up lantern. I saw one on Amaz for about a tenner but wondered if I could get it cheaper elsewhere.

5. I'm getting a free lift in the car from a family member instead of paying for a taxi.:D
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,254 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have caught up on the last few days pleasures kittikins well done on your new job.....as one door closes another one opens.

Well Monday is almost over for me, just a couple of hours till bedtime.
    My OH is out with colleagues for dinner, DD1 is at work, DD2 is at library and DS is listening to music.....I am enjoying the tranquility of a peaceful house.

Some pleasures....my son starts work tomorrow! Told him he will have to be in bed early to get up in time.....out at 7.30am. He will be working with his dad over the summer holidays.

Saw an emu on my drive to work this morning.

Sat with my friend on my break time.
    Caught up with her news.

Had to run some errands for work, so DD2 came with me and blethered all the way.

Christmas cards, photos, letters all posted at the weekend.

The annual chore that is buying blooming school books has started! However, we have managed to swap some ,sell some and buy others for same amount so far. So not too bad. That's just DD1 . DD2 book list came home today ....still to peruse that!

DD1 phoned me at work a bit upset, as one of her friends ( sister of DD2 bully ) ,so not such good friends as they were had said we never loaned them books last year ( we did) we sold them all. I have told her its not worth getting upset about but a bit annoying. They were books DS had, we gave them ( did sell them some) on loan as DD1 would need them next year. I did not write down what I had loaned. Lesson learned!

The cost of state school....not private...is prohibitively expensive! We have to pay annual fees, hire a computer for DD2 , this is a new development, we could actually buy one for same price . Maths will be taught Via computers next year and they must all have this one. We have to buy all jotters and notebooks, all folders. Uniform is compulsory and must have the school logo on it. Very different to picking up a pack of polo shirts in asd#

Have signed lease for this house for another year....no rent increase and I do love my house.

Think that's me! Have a lovely Monday , its the last week in November, how did that happen so quickly?
  • Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    Morning

Kittikins - Congratulations on the job, well done you.

Pleasures for the last couple of days,
    1. Bought DD the clothes she wanted for christmas and got a couple of very nice goody bags. Mind you the prices in the shop are :eek:
    2. Friends wedding on Saturday was lovely. Plus as the wedding and reception were in the same place didn't have to go out in the rain.
    3. Wore my new red shoes (and for BoP's benefit did have my drawers on:D). Shoes were stylish and comfortable
    4. Lovely overnight stay in the hotel with OH, we do live fairly close to where we stopped but it was still nice to stay over.
    5. Huge hotel breakfast on Sunday washed down with a large pot of tea.
    6. Managed to get all the shopping in as well and all came in on budget plus got some extras to put away thanks to some vouchers.
    7. Roast beef for dinner though feel asleep so forgot to put the Roast potatoes in lucky had some rosti potatoes in the freezer so had them.

Hugs to all who need them and hope you all stay safe in the bad weather.
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Everyone seems to be eating cauliflower cheese. Guess what we had for lunch today? CAULIFLOWER CHEESE AND HAM.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure