PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,960 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Kittikins - what a lovely mummy you are, even with a rubbish dad she'll be alright with you for a mum.
    Well done young skint
    Tealady - one of my indulgences in Korea was that the breakfast room in the hotel had a chocolate fountain. I rather got into a habit of having a bowl of chocolate with broken up croissant in it. Yummmmmmm:o

CCP wrote: »
    I know what you mean about Mr Button, but personally I think I'd go for Mark Webber as winner of the easy-on-the-eye stakes. ;)

wanders off to google image Mr Webber. I know someone who knows someone who knows him and Vettel. He got DS a signed baseball cap last year.

Comes back - mmmmmm I see what you mean - those cheekbones! You could cut yourself on those.

For today

1. cleaned the kitchen and 2 bathrooms. Is that a pleasure? They were well minging so I think it has to be - and I listened to "Anne of the five towns" on R4 extra on Iplayer
    2. Had fruit salad and a HM muesli concoction for brekkie.
    3. Watched another episode of the Killing on Iplayer. I am now working on the armhole borders of my chunky waistcoat thingy
    4. Had a cooking fest. Leftovers dealt with by means of veggie soup with homemade stock, and bread pudding. Also made lemon drizzle tray bake and apple pie. However omitted to write "Yum" on it for which I am truly sorry.
    5. Clean sheets tonight!!!

oh and

6. Playing a clip of "Kevin the Teenager" to DS the teenager. He really could recognise himself...:rotfl:
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Congratulations on the provisional, Skint Jnr

1. Postie brought the new style 'blue badge', much more robust than the paper one that is barely holding together after just a year
    2. He also brought me a sweater I 'won' on eb@y, a little small for the advertised size but it gives me something to aim for
    3. Sorted my bag of tights, haven't worn the thin sort for a couple of years as I find them so uncomfortable. Only threw one pair away, the rest are all perfect, including two pairs of thick black ones I didn't know were in there, and which I will wear
    4. Arranged the C-word get together for the local branch of the fellowship, it's four times bigger than last year so lots more baking to do. I love catering, don't get the opportunity to cook for others so much these days so I really look forward to it
    5. Sorting out the computer desk in the spare room I found a lot of little half full money bags I'd completely forgotten about, and have no idea how long they've been there! More counting to do, and hopefully banking if there's enough, this week :D

Sleep tight :)
  • Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Belated congratulations Kittikins :T

The overriding pleasure at the moment has to be that we are not flooded yet - everyone's hopes that we wouldn't be must be working! Thank you ever so much. :D

We had an imminent warning first thing today, the flooding of the industrial estate that backs on to us happened at extraordinary speed mid-morning - we watched it from our upstairs windows - and the river level adjacent to our Close is ridiculously high - a few more inches and it will burst its bank. I feel pretty much in control of the controllable things though.

1. The ground floor of our house is cleared up to desk/table height, the tons of sports equipment we need to use for club and work is now elsewhere, accessible and safe, and our car is parked a short walk away on high ground.

2. It's been an incredibly mad few days. We've been very busy on top of all of this with work and another sports competition yesterday where we left the house at 7am and got back at 11.30pm... but we have done it all and I had the best night's sleep I've had in ages last night. :)

3. All this rapid clearing up has meant that I've been decluttering much faster than normal and jobs I've put off for months... well, OK, years...:o are actually getting done at last.

4. I've been getting a lot of weight-burning exercise and am still keeping the diet going. It was so timely starting it when I did because it's given me so much more energy to cope.

5. I've also stocked up on emergency food and water for coping in power cuts and the like. It will do as emergency supplies for the car this winter as well as in the house and was another job that needed to be done that is now ticked off.

Sweet dreams

B x
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Nearly forgot! Dad watchers - it's that time of year again. :D

My dad and brother will be working at the UK's only remaining holly market tomorrow so we shall be keeping an eye out on the news and on Countryfile.

Needless to say the road between their house and the market has been shut since Saturday and a flood warning is in place on the river Teme which runs through the town...
  • Chickenopolis
    Options
    Morning all !

PK - It could be you know , I had never thought of that ! I like having personal goals that only I know about , which mean naff all to anyone else :rotfl:I hope you are enjoying your Kindle - I go through phases of all or nothing with it. I hope that your week gets better !

Broomstick -glad to hear that you and yours are ok!

VJsmum, CCP-Ditto Webber ....:D

Kittikins - ((hugs)) to your DD xx

Have a good day all !
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,220 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    broomstick stay dry!
    Kittikins I am sure you are doing a great job being Little Miss Kitty's mum!
    Skint well done to your son on passing his eye test!

well a very stressy day at work.....have a very high maintenance client who will be dealt with by this time tomorrow and I can relax again! I 'like' how my manager manages to duck out the way when she comes in and lets me deal with her and her miriad of concerns! She is sharing her stress with me!

Anyway....a massive thunderstorm at 1.30am. I have never heard such loud thunder in all my days. It woke me up with such a fright then rumbled on through the night........however, heavy rain has given the garden and grass a much needed soak and will have filled up our big water butts again. Unfortunately has blown/washed all my roses off!

Laughing at the ducklings in the river. There are various ducky families all at various stages of cuteness.

Coming home from work :) I'll get tomorrow out the way and will relax a bit more! Pottered around in my empty house.....bliss! Did an ironing, made a nice dinner of baked potatoes and the most delicious salad. Hoovered and tidied stuff away.

DS was at work....poor soul, so tired he fell asleep on the way home!
    DD1 was at work.....she is not best pleased her brother is on a much higher wage than her!
    DD2 went to library..........and I enjoyed the tranquility all on my own! I have had to re-adjust to OH not being here when I got in from work after 6 months of him being here. It was hard to remember what I did before.....but I'm managing just fine now!

Ordering DD1's English Literature books on Amaz0n , to be delivered to MIL's house for pennies! will pick them up when we go home. a seriously big saving on what they would cost here! Almost sorted with her books. We just need to buy one new.

Think that's me! Have a lovely day ....off to bed now! Night x
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    FRITH does your Dad and Bro sell mistletoe too? Theres lots near us. I love holly and mistletoe.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hello
    I am at home today so I have done:
    1) Cooked a pork stew for dinner tonight. I used 2 chops that were discounted from Tescos, not much on their own but with chopped up leftover jacket potatoes, and some carrots, an onion & fresh sage from the garden, it has made a tasty meal. Will serve it with some herby dumplings made as part of a batch of pizza dough the other day and frozen.
    2) Cooked bread pudding using up stale baguettes that were left at the weekend.
    3) Made a dorset apple cake using old eating apples
    4) Made candid lemon peel with old lemon rinds that I have been saving. Cooking them up with sugar and then rolling them in some sugar once cools gives you a lovely cake topper for barely a few pence.

Think thats it so far! :)

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Chickenopolis
    Options
    Good evening all !

a few for today

1. Work ok ish - but manic .Although not many days until pay day:D !

2. Out of the office most of the time for the next few days and next week undertaking site visits.Thank goodness.

3. Forrest the hen (as in Gump) came back out of the hen house when my car pulled up - demanding some corn.She is a bit OCD about this and does this every night and it makes me laugh each time.

4. OH has just made me a hot water bottle and a cuppa as its freezing here tonight

5.Quinoa something or other for tea for me.

Have a good evening all !

eta Welcome Bobarella - nice post !
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    My pleasure for today so far (Tuesday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Got sons' Christas pyjamas from Primark. :-) (The pattern isn't Christmassy, I just get them a new pair to wear at Christmas).

3) Went to see my aunty and uncle (92) and they were very well and we had a cup of tea.

4) Just had a quick tidy up.

5) Holby City later!

6) Funny phone call with smaller son's solicitor who now also detests his old school. He said how he read son's class teacher diatribe against him and said it was the worst thing he had ever read, how on earth could she write about a 9 year old like that and some of the things she had written had made him shout out loud in his office!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure