PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,959 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    1. Fell asleep at 8.30pm and had a long ,long sleep- full of the usual weird confrontational dreams . Must be something about it being my first week back at work !

4. A snooze this afternoon with a hot water bottle :o

Are you rubbing it in? :p

Congrats, Kittikins

THe joys of jetlag (I will shut up about it soon, honest) are that I am now trying to stay awake as long as possible in the hope of a full night's sleep

1. Awake at 2 and watched telly. THe pleasure is that I did loads of knitting and caught up another episode of the S1 of the Killing
    2. After 2 unsuccessful attempts to get a little more sleep, I finally managed an hour and a half this afternoon
    3. OH took DD to school
    4. Lunch with friend - had to hear the saga of her DDs university applications. This may be relevant for my DD next year
    5. Stripped kids beds and splashed out on using tumble drier.

I think it is late enough for me to risk going to bed now. Wish me luck
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Congrats kittikins
    bopouch
    ccp i love floyd
    ampersand on edge would probs be the best description.
    1) reverbed 2x5ps taking me to £39.01 road kill this year
    2) had nice lunch hour with dd2
    3) wobbleade at 5 to celebrate colleague's viva success :T
    4) ds has bad cold and had sense to come home
    5) successful serving cocoa on cathedral steps as part of xmas light celebration (fairtrade of course)
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Congratulations on getting the job Kittikins

1. Met a friend for coffee and cake (shunned st@rbucks which was virtually empty for a change - long may it last) and to arrange our C-word day dinner with more friends
    2. Bought a homeless man a cup of tea and warm pasty (sad story, suffice to say he's looked out for by the local townsfolk)
    3. Called in to the optician to make an appt, they had a vacancy there and then. No change in scrip but got photochromic lenses for my driving glasses free of charge as they had an offer.
    4. Bought some bits for stockings in £shop
    5. Arrive at the market at 3.30pm so got a full carrier of fruit for £2.

Sleep well. S
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well...the job is permanent but as I don't know if I'll be going to uni yet (please uni, hurry up and make your mind up if you're going to interview me!!), I'll be keeping mum until I definitely have a place, and then resigning.......but if I don't get the uni place, it will be a fab place to work long-term, and getting the school holidays will be wonderful!
  • RevolvingDoor
    Options
    1. Quite a good night's sleep although I had a dream I was trying to work out a budget and I wasn't saving any money. I'm getting a bit obsessed with MSE I think.:rotfl:

2. I started a new book on my Kindle last night and I want to finish it in a minute.

3. Nice hot bath to take away the chilliness of the foggy morning.

4. Bags packed up ready to take to a charity shop.

5. Leftovers in the fridge so lunch and dinner are sorted, they just need reheating.:T
  • RevolvingDoor
    Options
    sparrer wrote: »
    2. Bought a homeless man a cup of tea and warm pasty (sad story, suffice to say he's looked out for by the local townsfolk)

:AWell done.:T
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Blackbeard_of_Perranporth Posts: 7,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 24 November 2012 at 11:54AM
    Options
    KitKins Wels Done
    Sparra Always nice to help

5 Still ouch, but solace was sought in a couple of Quarts of Wobbleades. Medicinal purposes only.

4 I has reached an age when you realise that a flash mob is only a group of failed media stuients who cannot get a jopb in retail. And question yourself. Yesterday in Stoud, while roibbing Messers Nat Lloyd Clays to pay for Beards Truck, the local Carrot Cruncher of Selsey was giving it max about the USA etc etc. Shame that the said do not mention, 20 years after the Butcher of Damascus held up a paer at some peace conference charade, the refugees are on the road again. In Syria and The Congo. Bu99er they do not protest about that, nor the Hangman of Tehran, who seems to have some overtime at present.

3 You see, I put in the wold to right and bang the wrong buttons!! Just watched, one for the & The Book Show on Sky Arts. Very pleasant viewing and a channel that can capsulate a programme into its own identity. Very interesting to hear Rupert Everett talking. Minded me how totally PC this feared nation had become. My fist boss when he retired, introidsuce his family, son. His wife died of cancer at 33. he also talked of his boyfriend of some 5 years. The R A Force and Co Ltd did not know what to do, so did nought. Wew did not really care. Quite nice to hear his takle about the need not to be correct, and how he wished that people would call him a faggot. That way, he would know what their stance was. Yet round this parish, the Steeltown (Rusty place) cannot be named because? it is a town, called S!!!!horpe. S C U N T H O R P E.

2 Getting ready for the rugby, so a burger, a quart and some photos again. tough one today and should include lots of mud!

1 Had to go to Mr Ts yestdi. God how awfull the T generation is. Gormless, souless and queue to be served by a machine. Thinks Ultravox!. I want to be a machine

How the world has revolved!
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    1.Sneaky one from last night, as we are on such a tight budget we just waited till very late and didn’t “shop” just needed bread 2 loafs for 9p each. A quick nose around the rtc leftovers was a work sandwich, 20p, animal fit turkey and liver 15p each, 2 “finest” meatball meals 40p, 2 packs of cooked chicken 30p each, picked up some frozen chips. All set for the weekend came in at 4.60. and picked up some free magazines and papers to flick through / use as litter.:)
    2.We went to bed very late and got up very late
    3.Enjoyed waking up naturally, and a bacon and egg brunch
    4.Spent me time pampering, doing my nails, a face pack / moisturiser, deeply conditioned my hair.:D
    5.Reading a really inspirational kindle book, from the chap who sold his life on ebay and what happened after that.

6.Doing very little tonight so might have a drink.:o
    7. This time next month it will be Christmas eve, he he.:rotfl:
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Afternoon all.

Kittikins - many congrats on your new job. :T I hope you get the uni interview - I'm sure you will, as it sounds like you have all the necessary experience and enthusiasm. (I work in a related field, so I have some idea what I'm talking about, although I don't pretend to be an expert! ;))

RevolvingDoor - I have the occasional MSE-related dream, too - something about this site gets into your brain!

DD - I have to confess I'm not really a Floyd fan, but my mum and sister are so I'm pretty familiar with their music, and CN is such a lovely song even a non-fan like me can appreciate it.

1) Drove into Southampton and back safely despite visibility on the motorway being down to a few tens of yards in places. :eek:

2) Met some lovely people at the tutorial, even if the tutorial itself was a bit dull in places (sorry, nice tutor - it's the subject, not you!).

3) A sort-of pleasure: treated myself to lunch, so I didn't get caught in the worst of the traffic on the way back - unfortunately the only place I could find that had any spare seats was a Starbucks (sorry, sparrer :o) and I soon remembered two of the many reasons I dislike them - the ridiculous prices and undrinkable coffee. :( It was a real pleasure to be out of the rain for a bit, though.

4) Coming home to a nice warm, dry flat. It was actually a bit warmer than it should have been, as I switched the heating on when I got home yesterday evening and somehow forgot to switch it off again until just now. :o

5) Soup casserole for dinner - it's something my mum used to make when I was a kid and still love - chopped veggies, a tin of soup, and some dumplings on the top. :drool:

Have a good evening, all, and stay safe and dry, please!
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Spent so much time reading other's pleasures, no time to post mine...
    1. Lovely comments on Rummy the racehorse all over the place.
    2. Spent time with friend who has just moved back here.
    3. Evening out planned, hope hip behaves.
    4. Have interview for another pt job, know I won't get it, but good enuff for interview.
    5. Full cupboards.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure