PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening all.

1) Reverbed a penny.

2) A very nice lunch, after an initial scare when I looked into my lunchbag and discovered my soup was green. :eek: After a moment's panic I remembered that I finished the sweet potato soup yesterday and today's was pea and tarragon, which is meant to be green. :o

3) Lots of sympathy at work for my mog-damaged hand, and I only ruined one of the letters I was sending out by bleeding on it. :o

4) More messing around on Amaz0n - I've found myself a very smart new backpack, as I'm not sure how far I trust the strap on my existing one, and have a great idea for my dad's Xmas prezzie. :money:

5) Cuddles with mog, who's still not quite right but much better than he was yesterday - and well enough to bite me quite hard when I dared ignore him to talk to my mum on the phone! :rotfl:

Have a good evening, all, despite the wild weather.
  • Chickenopolis
    Options
    Good evening all !

Tealady- yes that freebie about Broadmoor was great !. PK I would recommend downloading and ditchin' what you don't fancy. I got a lovely one about Downshifting - courtesy of another forum a while back by Lynn Huggins Cooper . I keep re reading it n the hope that there will be a puff of smoke and I turn into our lovely OT :D

VJsmum - I hope that you got back safely and that you are being cherished by your DH, DS and DD ( and you have a tidy house)- obviously the chocolate will help !!

Skint - you sound happier at work .

6 for today

1. Note to self .. try not to get in to the office at 7.30am to do an e-learning course in a peaceful setting , when your line manager twitters away to all and sundry behind you like a bliddy bird on a telephone wire !

2. A complainant called me at work and we had a chat for about 45 mins .She is very happy with the support we have given her and the actions we have asked a company to take in order to seek a swift resolution for her.

3. Saw my Aunt who was visiting my Mum next door . She has been on holiday for a few weeks and it was nice to see her .

4. OH let the hens up in the top garden ,and later counted them up to find that one of the demanding ones (!) was missing. The wind had blown the gate shut and she was stuck on her own in a separate bit of the garden. He picked her up and lifted her over the gate and put her down and she puffed all her feathers up at him in disgust.She was in the kitchen whining when I got in.

5.Pasta bake for tea .. followed by a tube of Pringl*s

6. No work tomorrow !

Have a good evening all !
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tis Friday already need to head out to work very shortly.
    Thursday's:
    1. Work was okay , we are so much much quieter this past week and it takes a bit o get your head round that...I kept busy enough otherwise the day would drag.

2. Left 10 minutes early, treated myself to a lovely juice from juice bar next door...he gave me discount! It is so refreshing after a hot day at work. Back to car which I had parked under a tree so was a bit cooler to step in to.

3. Had a wee snooze.

4. Had left over birthday lasagne....even better second day,

5. We get loads of junk mail and all the supermarkets send out their special offer ones every week, I don't always look at them but had seen in one that supermarket I don't usually use had discounted phone top ups. And I had a $5 off voucher for them. So popped out to get them

6. Chocolate on special offer was very nice too :)

Right I'm off to work , ever so glad it's Friday .....would almost say hurrah but will leave for that for later !
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1. Panic bought a smart-ish jacket (more ish than smart but better than a cardi) and a pair of trousers in MrT's larda$$e range and am pleased to report that the trousers are too big :) Moneysaving and despite appearances to the contrary, I must be slightly less lardy than I thought i was (not much I'm sure, lol).

2. The jacket was about a third the cost of something similar in Mand Esss, phew!

3. Went into my local C0met shop and bought ink cartridges for my new printer at a discount and had a nice chat with the staff there, saying how sorry I was that they were being made redundant. (Then remembered I'm in the same boat, so we had solidarity:) )

4. Didn't buy anything in the closing down sports shop along the strip from the Comet shop, it was all very nylon *shudder*

5. Have bought DD a cheesecake as her weekend surprise! She lurves cheesecake and I have to say I'm rather partial to a slice myself from time to time..... ;)

6. Am trying not to panic about my very long interview tomorrow at the local school, deep calming breaths are what's needed. My self-confidence was very low earlier today but a glass of Baileys has perked me up! Eeek, that makes me sound awful doesn't it, maybe it was the nice dinner as well, low blood sugar or something?!?

7. DD asked not to go to her after school club today so we have spent most of the afternoon in the library and I read one great chicklit and have another on the go now. She's wading her way through the four books she took out, attagirl!

8. Popped in to surprise OH and was surprised by his gruesome Movember tache. Horribly, he reminded me of someone from my childhood who I was scared of, so I refuse to kiss him until the offending hair has gone. He was a bit confused but I was rather freaked out so the message got through without him being daft about it. Anyway, was lovely to see him, despite no kisses.........

9. Safe and sound inside whilst the wind rages around the house. Hope we don't get a power cut, I can't remember where the torches are and I know the big'un has run out of batteries!!!
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    evening all, have had an upset stomach since this morning part stressing over number 5 below I think, but thankfully feel a bit better tonight

1. non working day so went back to bed when I felt ill this morning

2. parcel arrived safely from debnhams with DS's xmas pressie 007 aftershave
    (However the promised free sample wasnt in there so have sent a complaining email)

3. got some washing dried on the line in the wind and sun

4. College sent DS home with money from bursary to re-imburse me for cost of his uniform

5. ex-husb and ex-BiL came round to see DS and it was not as painful as I had worried it was going to be. I knew last night they were coming round for about an hour and got myself into a bit of a state over it, but we all sat together and chatted and it was ok.
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Patchwork_Quilt
    Options
    Hi chaps and hugs to all those in need.

1) Got one and a half loads of washing dried on the line, and some dried on the airers indoors.
    2) Long story but - when we cleared out Mum's house, DD found a pillowcase she really liked and asked Mum if she could have it. It has been on her pillow ever since. To my amazement, I found a duvet cover to match in the charity shop, so for £5.99 I think she will be very happy on her next visit home from Uni.
    3) Random freezer meals for tea with jacket potatoes and cauliflower cheese. As the oven was on, jam sponge for afters.
    4) Met a friend for coffee and had an hour's entertainment for £2.50.
    5) Just about to catch up with Kirstie. I like the make-do-and-mend theme of this series, rather than a previous one, where she just seemed to be demonstrating expensive hobbies.
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    A very belated happy Birthday PK, all good birthdays should last longer than one day :D

1. Rug scrubbed on hands and knees, looks much fresher
    2. npd
    3. would have been a nsd except I 'won' a red per una sweater for £2.10p
    4. put Advent calendars and 5 boxes of Thornt!ns (bought for less than 1/2 price in Mr M's) in the spare bedroom with radiator off and resisted the urge to open one of the boxes
    5. Christmas cards done, just got to buy the 5% off stamps from Superdrug. The offer started again two days ago, runs til 24/12

Sleep tight :)
  • Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    Evening

Ampersand - The free almond milk I have just been using the plain one for porridge and cereal and now for the guilty pleasure time the chocolate one I used to make chocolate instant whip:o

Skint - Hope you feel better

Pleasures for today,
    1. My new shoes arrived, I love them but they got a very mixed reaction in the office:D
    2. Treat myself to a red cardigan in M&S as will match the shoes. Can you tell I like red
    3. Running a bit late this morning but still managed to get everyone out of the door with breakfast and lunch.
    4. Home to find post that contained £3 luncheon voucher from a survey. Haven't been very good at doing stuff with the survey sites lately really must get back into the habit of doing more.
    5. Walk to pick DD up from guides blew the cobwebs away.

Hugs to all who need them
  • Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The flipping river is mega high and climbing and we were driving through some areas near us where groundwater drains were clearly not coping earlier tonight. They've put out a first alert. :( We have three incredibly busy days ahead of us with my DSs not at home for most of them and me at home by myself on Saturday.

Five pleasures for Thursday:

1. We've made a decision to get the house ready for flooding in our absence and then get on with the next three days as planned. It feels cope-able with if we do this which is good. We have a busy couple of hours before bed. If we are over-reacting it will only take a short while to put back and while downstairs is clearer I can do things like clean all the skirtings before we return it to normal.

2. Managed to get lots of stuff out the house to recycling etc. The house's declutter has speeded up!

3. Clean sheets on the bed.

4. Having tried out the car boot tidy I bought a few weeks ago, it worked so well, that I got a second and they sit side by side tucked flush against the rear of the back seat really neatly. I was thinking that it was a bit extravagant but then I realised that I have had to buy nothing else for the car this year because I did all the buying of emergency stuff last winter.:)

5. Got on with a bit more of the sock which is looking lovely.

Sleep well.

B x
  • Purple_kitten
    Options
    Thank you for the lovely birthday wishes.
    Kittikins:- Hope tomorrow goes fantastically for you.:)
    1. I moved desks today and I am really liking where I’ve moved, things started to click a bit more into place.:cool:
    2. Bit of late one back weather hell with trains but my wonderful kindle helped while I stood sardined and I’ve just downloaded 10 free ones that appeal I like this idea of loads of books per day.:D
    3. Tea was nice and fairly easy pie and veg.
    4. Reckon it’s time for left over Choc birthday cake:rotfl:
    5. My months timesheet is all signed offski my first payment in a while should be here next week, phew.:o
    6. Our first choice Christmas dinner place phoned and said they had a cancellation would we like to book in, so all booked in.:p
    7. Listening to the fantastic weather while inside in the warm and cosy, wondering how bad it will get tonight.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure