PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• Take_it_like_a_man,_sonny
    Take_it_like_a_man,_sonny Posts: 923 Forumite
    edited 23 August 2012 at 4:45PM
    Options
    DundeeDoll wrote: »
    Mhags sonny's psts are there for all in black and white (isnt that right sonny?)
    No
    sparrer wrote: »
    TILAMS I know the cost of tyres is high but ouch! Feel sorry for you having to pay that much :(

The cost of pertol has risen by 1d.

Oooh, I feel some loveeeee doveee coming in this parish. Has a suitor cuaght one of yer gals?

And jeeny gis a :heartpuls to CCPs puss. Ours has onl;y spartked back to goodness after his scrape with the bstray and £200 at the vets, tablets, down in one for a week or two. Blessed thing is under foot, andf really nose how to MEOW

5 Seems GN is not the only one to pull, I did as well this morning on the treader, poulled a fantasic wheelie and made me feel 19 again. Also as to do summits about me chain as it slipped again, twice in the week I has been hurdling towards notory papers and ...

4 Robbed the BS this morn on ways home, got some real bangers and eggs from butchers and soon had them grilled.Lovelly.

3 Knackered today, had to snooze it alls off. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2 At the moment I am really steaming, made two lemoOrangeChocoGringer puds, 4oz SR Flour, 2oz Sugar, 2oz Suet, lots opf Orrange and Lemon rind and juice. Grated fresh, well last of last months gringer. Bobbling away on the stove now.

Edit. Funtastico. Really moist and Really blowing their tin foil lids sky high. Gooing to be a good snoggle ferst for TILAMS with Ms Soony thios fine evening!

1 We have to be carefull when the tide comes in, lest we get washed up into its waves, carefure that we are sure, becuase when it edbbs again, the trace has gone. But alone I has walked, but always therre are the footprints behind. Always in step, always following. My sandals, are flat, yet these footprints show toes.

Rite off to make Derr Custard, as the foster kids used to call it. I said I could not use the word thick as it was ... Bisons the lot of yous and Frith

Oh, Thursay curry nite and gues what :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer: I will get across the Lake just like DD!
    I hvae nt snept th lst fw mntes writg ths post fr yu t cme alng hre nd agre wth m!

Cheers! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening all.

Thanks very much for your good wishes for mog - they seem to have helped as he's eaten a couple of bowls of food today, which is more than he's had for while. :)
    2 At the moment I am really steaming, made two lemoOrangeChocoGringer puds, 4oz SR Flour, 2oz Sugar, 2oz Suet, lots opf Orrange and Lemon rind and juice. Grated fresh, well last of last months gringer. Bobbling away on the stove now.

Edit. Funtastico. Really moist and Really blowing their tin foil lids sky high. Gooing to be a good snoggle ferst for TILAMS with Ms Soony thios fine evening!

:drool:. That's really about all I can say.

Frith - the survival courses sound like great fun. We used to do something similar when I was a kid, run by the local wildlife group - we'd all go out and dig up loads of bracken, as it was interfering with a protected site, build shelters with it then cook sausages on an open fire to eat in our shelters.

VSsmum - fantastic results - very wll done to your DD. :T

sparrer - wow. Just wow. That must have been an incredible experience.

1) Mog eating again.

2) I shouldn't really complain about mog's eating habits when I haven't had much of an appetite myself for some time - on the positive side, I've lost another 2lb this week. :j

3) Ate my first HG strawberry - yum - and found another one hiding under the leaves which should be ready in a day or so. :D

4) Pub quiz tonight. :)

I really can't think of anything else, although it hasn't been a particularly bad day. :undecided I guess if we win a prize in the quiz that can count as #5.

Have a nice evening, all.
  • Chickenopolis
    Chickenopolis Posts: 1,450 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening all!

Miss . VJ'smum - Very well done ! VJ the older I like Fat Face too -one of my fave Brokeback Mountain shirts is a FF from a charity shop.

Sparrer - zippy! get you - you are a bit quirky and up for fun . We like quirky :D

PK - good luck tomorrow re the job, I know you thought it might be crunch time this week .

CCP - glad to her that the mog is eating

5 for today

1. Made some cheese biscuits to take to a picnic. Tasty but too flaky.

2. Washed the throws that are on the sofas .

3. OH and I went out for a picnic . Basically a hidden riverside spot 5 paces from the car in a nice village.

4. Two adult swans and their two cygnets decided to join us as soon as we sat down for about two hours. The male (a cob CCP??) had its eye on OH and hissed at him now and again , but kept his eye on his offspring the whole time .Can't seem to get away from greedy birds !

5. The fresh air has made me tired - looking forward to an early night tonight.

Have a good evening all !
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    OT here signing in to say I wont be around for a while. My laptop has broken and I am on a friends computer at the moment. So I will be taking a break but when I save up and decide what I am going to replace it with I'll be back.
    Hope you all have happy fulfilled days.
    OT x
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    4. Two adult swans and their two cygnets decided to join us as soon as we sat down for about two hours. The male (a cob CCP??) had its eye on OH and hissed at him now and again , but kept his eye on his offspring the whole time .Can't seem to get away from greedy birds !

Yup, certainly is, although I tend to call all swans by the same name - "aargh, get away from me you 'orrible bird! :eek:". :o

I've just thought of a fifth pleasure for today: I managed to make an extra hole in the strap of a watch I bought and found to be too big, so I've now got one to wear while my usual one is off on its holiday in the Isle of Wight. :)
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Over a couple of days....
    1. Frankel - yes Chicken, I was thrilled. And yes, Rummy does have Danehill in his pedigree as well! It's a small link to greatness. Hopefully that flat speed will show up in Rummy's nephew 'Podge' (Angrove Fatrascal) who has much finer bone than Rummy and has been earmarked for the Flat. I hope I can afford a share in him as well when the time comes, though of course that has the optimistic thought behind it that Rummy will be good enough over jumps to still be in training in 2 - or 3 - years time.
    Back to Frankel. I was laughing and crying as Tom pressed the button - and applauding as well. Sir Henry looks awful though. One of my FB friends is a former trainer and she feels the end is near for him, she was told he is very, very ill. That will be so horribly sad.

2. Freebies... Vine books and shopping vouchers from surveys. I'm not really a cat person but one was a cat book by Celia Haddon that I really enjoyed, some great insights into animal behaviour.

3. YS bargains and also bits and pieces from the local discount freezer shop, saving me such a lot of money.

4. One of the bargains was some choc-chip ice cream at 3 500g blocks for £1. One block has gone...
    5. All the buzz around the Paralympics. It's great watching it build and build - 500 hours of coverage on Ch. 4 to come. Can't wait.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We#ll miss you OT, hope you make it back with us soooooooooon xx

1; Good drive up to my parents, especially as there's a big music festival on in their nearest town this weekend, so I was expecting worse traffic.

2. Worked from home beforehand......

3. Had a great night last night at my friend's and met someone who is going to be able to help/advise me re: possible career move :):) What a lovely lady

4. Only had one glass of wine so no sore head this morning.

5. Just got word from L7vefilm that they're sending The Muppets next, yippee :) DD and I will have a few great evenings watching that DVD

6. Yummy dinner cooked by my mummykins.

7. Best of all, LOTS of cuddles with DD :):):):):):):):):):):)
  • giddynici
    giddynici Posts: 274 Forumite
    Options
    Very well done to your daughter VJsmum!

My 5 for today:

1 - Hand written letter from a friend in Germany

2 - National Geographic mag in the post (subscription was a gift) so will curl up in bed and read that tonight.

3 - A wee wonder round the art gallery. I'm making a big move down to the South of England soon and I've been rather worried about the decision. In the gallery I saw a painting of a town near where I'm moving so I'm taking it as a sign.

4 - My mam doing so much for me.

5 - Knowing it's not long until holidays.
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Many congratulations to VJsmum's DD for her results, great stuff!

Mine for today:

1. Babysat for my fitness trainer, had an absolute whale of a time with the two little girls, they came here to my home and we made pancakes, then we planted radishes in pots for them to take home, then we picked radishes and radish leaves from my planter, pickled the radishes, generally did a bit of messy play in the garden and loved every minute!

2. Met up with my friend who is just back from a holiday, it was good to catch up and put the world to rights, I missed her. Had a coffee together and then did a shopping, walked back together as we live near each other.

3. Found a Chinese place in an industrial estate near where I live that does very cheap, UK made, tofu and other soya products. A large block only cost me £1.30!

4. The log splitter has arrived so this weekend we are all having a go at splitting logs and starting winter preparations.

5. DH and I have agreed on this B/H weekend to be a no-spend weekend, the last one was fun, we have some beer in stock (dinner at friends on Sunday so need to bring the beer), 3 free rented DVDs from library, an allotment and two gardens to tend, loads of logs to split, cuddles to share, food to cook, parks to walk, plently plenty to do in short, all for free and all useful and joy-giving.

Have a good night all x
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 23 August 2012 at 8:55PM
    Options
    VJsmum well done to your DD :T
    CCP good news mog is eating again
    sparrer - well done on the zip wire. You are sooo brave

anyone else want to have a go theres a competition here : http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4131055

OT, take care hope to see you back soon x

Giddynici ... he sounds like a sweetie good luck to you and hope your move goes well

Today :

1. another 2 loads washing dried on line
    2. trip to local library to apply for leisure card so Ds can go swimming for less money
    3. visit to friend on way home for coffee and chat
    4. yummy hm tandoori chicken for tea
    5. ice cream
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure