PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello all hope you're all enjoying the weather. Even my ozzy colleague has turned her heating off!
    1) got interest on my emergency savings. I have so put them out of my mind interest came as very nice surprise :beer:
    2) rebate on DD2's electricity bill :j She moves to her new flat end of may. Her first year at uni has gone sooooo quickly
    3) HM onion soup with HM ciabatta for lunch and a slice of white stilton with apricots (not HM :rotfl:)
    4) lovely walk up to the observatory after supper with OH. :j
    5) neighbour phoned re book for bbok club. I was supposed to tell everyone oops. I know she'll now tell everyone and tell them with great delight how unreliable i am :o but at least she'll tell everyone :T ( she is a full time stay at home whose children have flown the nest years ago yet seems to believe she has less spare time than me :mad:)
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,049 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Frith:- It sounds like a lovely find, I would team it with a plain ribbed or normal vest top for coolness in this weather, and sandals or similar. What ever you feel best in.

1.I laid in, I came down with a dreadful headache which had left part of my face numb but at least less pain now.
    2. Printed off a recipe for making big choc chip cookies I will give a first whirl tomorrow, should prove entertaining if nothing else.
    3. Today was the last day I can use my inherited car so I did we ran about in it. We went over the bridge and popped to Costco, the budget failed miserably as we ended up spending £50, on some bits and pieces, and stopping for a nice but un healthy pizza slice, before retiring it to the driveway.
    4. Watching OH busily making the new second hand car his, i.e. taking it apart and putting it together again (ex engineer), but engineer through and through in person.
    5. I had news I hopefully have an interview next week, please keep everything crossed it comes off as it’s so so quiet it’s silly, and I would really love a job now, just ask the bank mgr.
  • Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    Evening

Frith - Good luck at the school tomorrow, hope they manage to put a plan in place for DS
    PK - Keeping everything crossed for your interview

Pleasures for today,
    1. Santander put my money back in my account, no apology but at least I got the money back
    2. Sat outside at lunchtime to eat lunch with my friend K
    3. Laughing so much at work it hurt, sometimes it is so good to laugh
    4. Giving my friend a box of her favourite chocs as a present and they came from AF so were a fraction of the price
    5. Registered as a volunteer at the sunwalk in July so no flashing my boobs this time :D

Hugs to all who need them
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,623 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    mishmogs wrote: »
    watched the bats last night whilst sat outside having a glass of vino.
    Have just walked home from friends house and bat swooped past me, scared the life out of me

Frith will be thinking of you tomorrow hope you can get some support and advice

Cant help with the skirt I'm afraid... I have no fashion sense :o and the last time I wore a skirt was a uniform for a part time job I gave up when DS was 2 (hes now nearly 17)

Kitchenbunny .. I have fallen way off the OS path this month and am finding it hard at the moment too
    Well done on saving £70 a year!!

5 for today

1. Non working day - typical was awake at 5am....sooo tired. Got up at 7am with DS who had college today and made us both a yummy sausage and egg muffin. One load of washing done and on line before went into town with friend. Managed to resist temptation to spend. Just bought some loo rolls and kettle descaler in £land

2. Resisted lunch from chinese tea bar, came home and had ys carribean curry with coconut rice I bought other day (when I was overcharged and got back difference and £2 gift card)

3. Entered receipt details for above shopping trip to @sda and got 63p off voucher also :D

4. Spent afternoon in garden relaxing and reading book in between hanging out and bringing in washing. Got 4 loads washed and dried. (Just need motivation to iron it now ;) )

5. Walked round to friends house tonight and had a few glasses of wobbleade and a good chat

Nite nite all x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,195 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Just been compiling facts and statistics and, out of the last 22 school days (not weekends), C has missed 1 morning session, 12 lunchtimes and 9 afternoons.

I've had no formal notification of any of it (just phone calls demanding I pick him up). No date given as to when it might end.

Bloomin ada.
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening (or morning) all :)

Frith the skirt sounds lovely, green is one of my favourites. The inset panels are called godets, I think, if you do a search it'll show you the sort of thing. Sounds like you could wear it with almost anything except a baggy jumper. If you like autumn colours a rust, deep orange or anything in the brown range would go well.

Tealady what is this forum coming to?! You flashing your boobs, chicken wearing skirts up to her armpits...wanton husseys! (I won't mention I was once a call girl ;))

CCP/OT DS's little Welsh took the same route daily from stable to paddock, of course, but decided on about one occasion in ten that the gate was just too scary to go through and she'd dance in every direction except forward. Lucky she was small, DH could almost carry her through!

PK everything x'ed as requested :D

1. Up at 7am, showered and washing on the line by half past

2. Went to Mr S to return a pair of trousers and got a watch instead. I didn't need it, just liked it, and it was £9 less than the trousers :o

3. Good exercise class, followed by induction and a 30 min workout at the gym. Do I feel fit? No, I feel about 90! :rotfl:

4. The car's exhaust sounds a bit noisy so I called into my local garage for them to have a look. I need a new part but the cost isn't as horrendous as I expected so I was pleasantly surprised, and it's booked in for tomorrow (today) lunchtime

5. Phone call from some friends inviting me to a barbecue tomorrow, I've offered to make a raspberry mess for pud as I have most of the ingredients already

6 My hair dye was on offer, 2 for £8 as opposed to £5.99 each. Unfortunately they didn't have the colour I usually go for so I opted for the next one up. Just dried it and it's very, very red! I like red :D

Sweet dreams :)
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Loved spending ages catching up with this, I have good news to share but am a bit tired now, just realised I only had 4 hours kip yesterday. More news Friday daytime.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • Chickenopolis
    Chickenopolis Posts: 1,450 Forumite
    Options
    Frith - good luck !! Don't let them fob you off , its too important x

KB - thank you - enchilladas it is tonight! You inspire me to be even more frugal than I am now :)

Sparrer- short skirt- moi??? ;)

PK- I have everything crossed for you and hope you feel better soon x
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,970 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    When I was about 23 I was a Fitness Instructor and one of the older men who came in to use the gym said that I looked like Marianne Faithful. I got the hump and said that she was about 60 so how could I look like her. Not been near Mick Jagger either

Do you maybe have a thing for Mars Bars? ;);)

So for yesterday

1. Marking on the train - not such a pleasure but the pleasure was trying not to laugh out loud at the ridiculous things students write - thus "Global warming is responsible for the melting of ice in the tropics" :rotfl:
    2. Took my top back to White Stuff who gave me a credit note. I shall enjoy spending that next week
    3. Already done the weeks shopping. It's usuallly a Friday job.
    4. DSiL and DBiL came for dinner and to stay over. It's always lovely to see them
    5. DD's Chemistry GCSE went well. Only Physics, Maths and Geography left.
    6. DS watering the veg plot - in his swimming shorts, with as much going over him as the veggies.

I'd better go get dressed as DD has summoned me by text to take something into school for her - I don't think she'll appreciate me going in my jim jams.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • abitofhelp
    abitofhelp Posts: 483 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all,

1. Its so lovely & sunny & bright here. It really does make you feel good.
    2. Sneaky day off from work.
    3. I'm doing a bit of weeding today.
    4. After joining the flylady thread, house is looking sparkly.
    5. I'm baking today instead of Sunday as we have a family bbq planned.

Hugs to all
    Grocery Challenge 24th Feb-28 Dec 2012 £2000/£1404
    18th May- 15th June 2012 £100/£75
    Dont Throw Food Away 2012 May £5/0
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business