PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,161 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you for all your messages. OH just checking the legality of the whole shambles as I type!

5 or so for today (Weds).

1) Quite a good sleep.

2) Picked smaller son up at 9.30 then we did a tour of architectural salvage yards! Finally got the tiles I was looking for from outside Hereford. (Just 4 to make a new window sill).

3) Smaller son very impressed by the burger he got from the stand outside the salvage yard. I have had one from there before.

4) Zoomed back to school with seconds to spare to get bigger son. Have one arm tanned more than the other now from hanging it out of the window!

5) Emptied sand from the paddling pool and put water in (and my feet).

6) Nice tea.

7) Sister popped in just as I was dishing up so she had some tea as well.

8) Texts from OH. :-)
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi Mishmogs, sorry I missed you before :)

1. Naughty boy mog didn't come home last night :(. I called him, went out to look for him, rattled his treats box, stood at the back door for hours. At 3.30am an owl hooted really close by, gave me a heck of a shock! Mog appeared at 6am, stalked past me with flagpole tail and not a word of apology, demanded breakfast then slept all day. Meanwhile I'd been up all night worrying about him and had a busy day so only managed a quick siesta this afternoon :mad: The pleasure is he's safe, but he won't be if he does it again!

2. nsd/npd, the first this week :eek:

3. Took up the trousers I bought for the gym, had to cut at least 6 inches off the bottom, I know I'm short but that's just silly. If I'm very OS I can make about 4 pairs of wrist bands from the excess :rotfl:

4. Two loads of laundry dried outside, very little ironing so did that as well.

5. Speaker for this evening's meeting sent a text this morning to say he couldn't make it - panic! Just as I was beginning to tear my hair out trying to find someone to take his place a friend phoned this afternoon and said she'd be happy to step in. Phew! Much as I've loved being sec and finding speakers it's quite a job sometimes, but my year was up last Weds so now I can relax a bit and let someone else do it ;)

Sleep tight :)
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,905 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hugs to all, specially OT Quick 5 cos it's late
    1) got a problem sorted at work. 1 down 10 to go... :eek:
    2) was able to support a couple of stressed bods. Good to have the time :A
    3) good seminar (with free lunch) at lunchtime :T
    4) met up with OH who had the afternoon off due to file server going doolally. We walked home in the sunshine and ate iced lollies out the freezer :money:
    5) lovely evening in pub studying gospel according to mark and studying win (hence late posting) :beer:
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Chickenopolis
    Chickenopolis Posts: 1,450 Forumite
    Options
    VJsmum -I am intrigued ....are we talking Liz Taylor or Charlton Heston ????;):D just checkin'
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    Morning

OT - Hugs to you
    Frith - I would ask to see the schools inclusion policy and would be speaking to the LEA as that is a shocking thing for the Head to be saying.

Pleasures for yesterday,
    1. DD much happier in her exam today, the fact they are printing her exams on green paper makes such a difference to her
    2. Managed to pick up 2 packs of star wars lego for nephews with a very cheap but not very nice newspaper
    3. As OH was out all day decided to take DD to the Harvester for dinner as was too hot to cook and was relativley inexpensive
    4. Moonwalk pack arrived for Edinburgh, I must be mad but will be walking 13.1 miles around the streets of Edinbugh in my bra again (bit of an exhibitionist, really ;)) in a few weeks. Ladyhawk - I have decided to volunteer for the Sunwalk in July to see how that goes before I commit to volunteering for the Moonwalk next year.
    5. Nice chat with Dad on the phone

Really annoyed with Santander their cash machine broke yesterday and didn't give me my money. The cashier promised it would be sorted out overnight and be back in my account well needless to say it wasn't now have a dispute opened with them and it could take upto 48 hours to sort out. I did think ok 48 hrs not too bad until the person on the phone said that is 48 working hours:mad:. Think they may be losing another customer.

Hugs to all who need them
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    VJsmum -I am intrigued ....are we talking Liz Taylor or Charlton Heston ????;):D just checkin'

:rotfl: Or Jimmy Stewart - or John Wayne :eek:

I'm going with Katherine Hepburn or Audrey Hepburn (hell, no, Audrey is pushing my luck I think!). After my comments the other day - it sure ain't Marilyn :D

It was only cos I had wide legged trousers and a fitted top. Last week apparently I looked like one of the women from "mad men" (which I don't watch). Maybe I have a bit of a 50's vibe going on!
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Take_it_like_a_man,_sonny
    Options
    Aye, missed a lot yesterday, I tried to blow the darn torch out, but huff and puff, just had a bottl;e of wobbleade and saw it off towards Painswick

Gosh, did I miss a lot yesterday. Yep. Remember dear old Mummy Sonny, Deputy Head Mistress, (Yep, I knew it so I got the ...). Mate of mine, Lossie (name change to get at the guilty), was 'backward', and called a dunce at school. Mum knew there was something good and right aboiut him, took him to one side and soon got him going. Without this, all the other crazed cane bearing fearlords could do was strike terror. After this, he came part of the class, even if we did change his nickname to speccie!!

Right here we go.

5 Told BT to sugar loaf mountain off, being ripped off by £20 a mionth. Good ridance. Orange for mobile from tomorrow, sky for phone. Thanks be to Dan and his team at phone 4 u in Stroud.

4 God, how the blazers do I set this blooming pot of inanimate colourisation of a device up.

3 bang, there goes my intyernet as well

2 2 Tickets come for the Olympic Football today, one in Coventry and the other, Mens Final at Wembley, Aye, any sore wounds out there this morning. Good, take a hold of this big pot of SAXO!!!

1 Found this, this is what school was, gave everyone a chjance. Nopt likie them examp palaces we have today.Anmd tehy even did Shakespear as well! Skills
    I hvae nt snept th lst fw mntes writg ths post fr yu t cme alng hre nd agre wth m!

Cheers! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
  • abitofhelp
    abitofhelp Posts: 483 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all, sonny thats so funny about the torch.

1. Not too well today, wanted to take day of but too late, so working from home instead.
    2. Day off planned for tomorrow.
    3. Made a batch of carrot & corriander soup yesterday for lunches for 3 days. Its a murky colour but still edible.
    4. Will either have ham on a sandwhich thin or a slice of hm toast with butter with it, no decision yet.
    5. Beans on toast tonight as thats all i can muster the strength to do.

Hugs to all.
    Grocery Challenge 24th Feb-28 Dec 2012 £2000/£1404
    18th May- 15th June 2012 £100/£75
    Dont Throw Food Away 2012 May £5/0
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,217 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    hello, Thursday evening here.

1.My FIL left money for me to get a new phone. Last one was not reliable & battery kept dying on me, so shiny new phone, asked for discount for cash & got $25 off total.

2.Busy day at work but customers taking time to ask after me & OH. Then he came in to collect me as he had car, so met a few people who were pleased to see how well he is doing.

3.Then we went to see GP, who OH has never met as he is generally in rude health! GP very nice. (Not money saving as we have to pay but still nice to be nice!) That has been only appointment this week which has made a pleasant change.

4.Had very nice pizza for tea, followed by value brand cheescake & very nice it was too....shame it's only me that likes it!

5.Stayed dry & washing was out on line, heavy rain forecast for next few days.

6.Had woken up early so got up & enjoyed a chat with my friend from home.

Think that's me for today!

old tractor I hope all goes well with repeat tests, and frith I hope you are keeping a diary of everytime you have been asked to take ds2 out of school & of headteachers highly inappropriate comments. Hugs for you both x
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mhagster - OH sounds like he's bouncing back to great health :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure