PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• Take_it_like_a_man,_sonny
    Options
    Thanks all, but it got worse with the current Mrs Sonny. Ski Run, 5 SLOPE. Slippery downward spiral I think.

5 One piece of sloppy truffle left, all for me and I do feel six again

4 Free parking and blazing torch today. Wonder if it is like my signature.

3 Pub lunch first, I think. Fancy gammon egg and chips.

2 snogge time with film tonight.

1got a hot veggie chilli on the brew for supper.

Good day all
    I hvae nt snept th lst fw mntes writg ths post fr yu t cme alng hre nd agre wth m!

Cheers! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
  • Tealady_2
    Tealady_2 Posts: 1,425 Forumite
    Options
    VJ's mum - My DD has the opposite problem, she was hoping for my knockers but so far it hasn't happened, keep telling her there is still time but be careful what you wish for ;)
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,241 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tealady yep, careful what you wish for.....not seen my feet in years! :)

Okay, I have internet & if I type quickly enough I might get a post in before it cuts of!

Life has been okay, bit stressy at times, but okay...considering! My FIL has left, so just my wee family again ....!

Work has been manically busy, staff off sick means we all have to pick up the slack and just get on with it. Had some training today as my manager will be off for a while so I will be doing some extra duties. It is a year ago this week we opened & I started working. What a quick year & I now know so many people....perhaps just on a superficial, hello, how are you level but nice to have their familiarity. This time last year I was so desperately miserable & missing home so much. Now I am happy & settled.

Still not got to the bottom of the flower mystery, popped into florists this afternoon as I hadn't heard, but because of data protection, the interflora people can't give florist the details until sender agrees.....the intrigue continues!

Weather has been a bit cooler the past week.....certainly not UK temperatures....all this talk of sitting in the sun & barbecues, I don't know!

Continuing to feed my husband with calorie laden soups & custards & smoothies. Huge soup session on Sunday & filled up freezer with portions....everyone else likes my soup too, so got another carrot & coriander on stove at moment.

Dd1 has just made a rhubarb crumble & it's just gone in the oven.

Just about to watch Casualty

Have a lovely Wednesday :)
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,185 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Smaller son has been at school for 20 minutes. Just been phoned to pick him up again.

Is it really bad to admit I am finishing my cup of tea first?

(NB picking him up because they can't deal with him. If he was ill, I wouldn't be drinking tea!)
  • Take_it_like_a_man,_sonny
    Take_it_like_a_man,_sonny Posts: 923 Forumite
    edited 23 May 2012 at 10:41AM
    Options
    Frith hope eevrything is alright.

No, sonny, reading this says that iyt is time that the Secondary Moderns came back and craft skills were re introduced. Read earlier that Friths lad enjoyed washing and checking the car. So why has the school failed this lad? Is it because they are all score gaining now on exams, rather than giving skills? Not all boys are that academic, and no amount of dealing with them idiots who know best, they know nothing.

Had a foster lad once that had been found at his mates house, had lived there a number of months? Missed a bit of schooling. We moved area, and put him into the year below, knowing them muckers at Education would take tim to catch up with our error!!!! When he did, they realised they could not move him, too late in the year, he was doing well, in fact as well as he was before his fostering!! I got scolded for taking matters into my own hand. BO LL OCKS. If I had listened to these twits, he would had gone further behind in his classes! Instead, he was as good asd anyone else.

Go on Frith, give them some ...

Timne for a nap!
    I hvae nt snept th lst fw mntes writg ths post fr yu t cme alng hre nd agre wth m!

Cheers! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
  • abitofhelp
    abitofhelp Posts: 483 Forumite
    Options
    Sonny you seem like a really nice man. I have read a few of your posts & they are always entertaining.
    1. Pitta bread from scratch to go with lamb & sald for tea.
    2. Loaf of bread in Bm
    3. Slow cooker is on with a batch of hm carrot & corriander soup.
    4. Sun is out.
    5. Eldest is back from his break tonight

hugs to all.
    Grocery Challenge 24th Feb-28 Dec 2012 £2000/£1404
    18th May- 15th June 2012 £100/£75
    Dont Throw Food Away 2012 May £5/0
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Absolutely agree Sonny. A neighbour's son has dyslexia but his school point blank refused to help him, like Frith she was always being called to take him home because he was so 'lazy'. Long story short, she moved him when he was 12, he's since done 4 years at uni and has a very respectable job in the film industry.

DGS has almost exactly the same, fortunately his problem was recognised and dealt with appropriately by his school, he's now secured a position with a computer co, on the tech side (don't ask, I only know how to send emails :D)

My DS's 11 year old boy - his previous school didn't (refused to) recognise his problems, very similar to Frith's son's, he was just classed as a trouble maker. A move of school to one which actually cared about each child has proven successful, he's now getting the correct help from school and professionals alike and is doing very well.

Which all just helps to prove that the schools which don't care need re-educating themselves.
  • mishmogs
    mishmogs Posts: 460 Forumite
    Options
    Hello and afternoon all, thanks for your warm welcomes, I feel like part of your happy band now - :D -

This weather is truely glorious...... long may it reign!!!!
    (was that good? lizzie, jubilee, reign!!??)

anyway, my 5 for today again are nice and simple.....

5. last nights left over new spuds sliced and fried in a bit of butter and oil along with a couple of bits of bacon and some left over baked beans - yum yum for breakfast.

4. sunshine

3. two good sized pieces of tweed from the charity shop for £5 in total and a 50p bag of mother of pearl buttons.

2. spoke to DH and he will be home tonight after being away with work.

1. am going to be doggy sitting in august, since my own woofa died a few years ago it will be good to have a mutt around the house again and might encourage DH to let me have a furry friend again :D

well time for me to enjoy the last of the sun, hope you have all had a super dooper sunny day.
    SPC Nbr.... 1484....£800 Saved £946 in 2013)
    (£1,010 in 2014)
    Coveted :staradmin :staradmin from Sue - :D

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,185 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Quote of the day from the headteacher. She phoned 9.30 to ask me to pick smaller son up and said she didn't want to take him swimming (they go weekly) so he would miss his third session in a row. Because (and I quote) "I don't want to take him out in public".
  • abitofhelp
    abitofhelp Posts: 483 Forumite
    Options
    ((hugs Frith)) what an absolutley horrid thing to say to you.
    Grocery Challenge 24th Feb-28 Dec 2012 £2000/£1404
    18th May- 15th June 2012 £100/£75
    Dont Throw Food Away 2012 May £5/0
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills