PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 23 May 2012 at 4:32PM
    Options
    FRITHthats disgraceful you should consider making a complaint. I would like to add that I was in a similar position re school with my eldest. He's now 24 and is now working a pub. I never thought in a million years he would be able to do something like this. It took him till he was 20 after several failed college courses but eventually landed a barmans job and took to it like a duck to water. I am amazed. He has gone from strength to strength. I hope this is encouraging for you.My 5
    1. glorius super sunshine
    2. flowers in my tubs looking really lovely
    3. salad for lunch salad for dinner yum yum yum
    4. the may flowers out on so many hedges
    5. lots of washing done and out on the line drying.
    Wan t to add an observation here, I have just returned from the village shop whilst I was in there [looking at yoghurts] 2 very earnest hikers came in , asked to get past [i didnt think I was blocking the passageway ] and proceded to the fresh veg and friut then proceeeded to moan loudly at the prices esp the price of bananas. Now then its a village shop not at massive supermarket. What did they expect? Meanwhile there are 2 pubs and 2 cafes in the village all of which do meals. A couple of bananas are way cheaper than a bought meal. So , they didnt buy anything in the local eateries and moaned moaned moaned at the village shop prices. Talk about supporting the local economy -not. I wonder if they are the same ones who in a largeish group went to the pub where my son works the other week. ordered 1 lemonade and 18 glasses of free tap water. I kid you not.
    also got my smear test result today and there are borderline abnormal cells so I am panicking like crazy. could do with a hug.
    ETA am missing you Mhags ,Chicken Hope the escapee is ok and didnt eat the slug pellets , I've read through most posts cant keep up at the mo. so sorry if I've not commented on your particular special post anyone. Hi to all newbies.
  • Chickenopolis
    Chickenopolis Posts: 1,450 Forumite
    Options
    Good afternoon all"

OT - have as many hugs as you need xxx I have my fingers crossed for you x pm me if you need to any time xx

Frith - I cannot believe what I have just read !! Blimey if she can say that to you what on earth can does she say/do in front of the other children .I think that to say this so blatantly to you ,she must do this often. What is this word =INCLUSION ??? Their attitudes and actions serve only to exclude your son further in my opinion . I am sorry,it must be breaking your heart :(.

mhagster -
    good to hear from you .

5 for today

1. Fab weather.

2. Site visit all day which went really well.

3. Took my lunch break at home after 3pm .

4. Mr. T pizza restaurant vouchers arrived in post.

5.Hens went bonkers at 5 am as a fox was in the garden , who then meandered off to sit next door on my Mums lawn without a care in the world . Hens safe as they are in an Egl* cube with fox proof run - needless to say that I got a lot of eggs today .

Have a good evening all!
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • abitofhelp
    abitofhelp Posts: 483 Forumite
    Options
    Sending you a hug oldtractor, i'm not sure this will help as it is different when you have a letter in front of you regarding you. Both my sister and friend had the same letter and after further checks nothing major was found. They both need a smear each year now for i think 3 or 5 years. Another hug sent (( )).
    Grocery Challenge 24th Feb-28 Dec 2012 £2000/£1404
    18th May- 15th June 2012 £100/£75
    Dont Throw Food Away 2012 May £5/0
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    (((OT))) I do understand it's scary but more often than not it's a precaution to recall someone if there's the slightest inkling of anything abnormal, only a tiny proportion go on to have further treatment. We're so lucky to have a health service which watches out for us so well. Keeping you in my thoughts :)

Frith now is the time to report the headteacher to the LEA at the very least. She has absolutely no authority to speak about a child in her charge like that, whether it's to their mother, another member of staff, or anyone else.

Back later with my 5 :)
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening all.

OT - huge hugs to you - I really hope that, like sparrer says, it's just a precaution.

Frith - that's utterly disgraceful behaviour - surely preventing someone from doing something because they have special needs is direct discrimination? I'd definitely be making a complaint to anyone who'd listen. :mad:

mishmogs - I didn't get round to posting yesterday, so a belated hello and welcome! :hello:

Yesterday:
    1) Sunshine. It was 27 degrees when I got in my car at the end of the day - bliss! :)
    2) Arranged for my DM and DF (DPs?) to come and visit next week - my DF will help me dig out a large shrub that needs to go as it's got perennial rust problems, and then we'll go out for a curry - the lack of decent Indian restaurants on the IOW is about the only thing my DF ever criticises about the place. ;)
    3) I finally received a letter from the train company about the Great Cow Disaster earlier this month - they'd left off my flat number so it had been sitting in the main building since before I got home :doh: - and they've offered some very generous compensation that will provide a few free rail trips for me. :T
    4) Started to water the garden with my one tiny watering can, which I usually use for my house plants, and suddenly remembered that my DF installed a garden hose for me last summer. It's been so long since I've needed it that I'd forgotten it was there. :doh: :o
    5) Mooched down to the pub in the sunshine - none of us could believe that we'd spent the previous week's quiz huddled in front of the open fire. The heat obviously did us some good as we won. :j

Today:
    1) More sunshine. :D
    2) Delicious HM shortbread from a colleague to celebrate her birthday. :drool:
    3) Received the cheque for expenses from my trip to Birmingham last week - sadly I wasn't allowed to claim for the cost of the jewellery I bought. :(;):o
    4) HM quiche for dinner, hopefully without crunchy bits this time. (I'm hopeless at cracking eggs and always end up with bits of shell everywhere. :o)
    5) Finished the last section of my OU course - all that's left now is revision. :eek:

Have a good evening, all.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Frith - echoing the sentiments regarding your son - how truly disgraceful
    Belated welcome, Mishmogs - it's nice here! :)
    Glad to hear you got compensation for the cows CCP
    Hugs OT - fingers crossed it's nothing
    Chicken - did your hens "egg themselves" :eek:

For today

1. Someone at work said I looked like a film star in the 1950's - meant in a good way. I'll take that, thanks very much.
    2. Kind work colleagues bought DD's cakes that she made to raise some money for charity.
    3. Lounged in the bath this morning so was a bit late for work - didn't care :D
    4. Boss said I don't need to go in for the next fortnight as I have a pile of marking to do :j
    5. Yummy scrummy pasta with chilli garlic and prawns.

S'laters all.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Ladyhawk
    Ladyhawk Posts: 2,064 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all,

OT - I got a letter like that a few years ago and promptly burst into tears. I went back for another smear and everything was fine. I just had to have annual (I think) smears for the next 3 years and then back to the standard 3-5 years.

I've had a bit a "bad" day today... the TV aerial man was an hour late, forgot my purse at home and only realised it when I got to the station and my new shoes killed my feet. It was just the world rebalancing things after my brilliant day yesterday.

1) Worked from home this morning and baked some scones... they weren't the best ones I've made but they were edible

2) I have TV again after 6 weeks of being TV free. I really didn't miss it.

3) Did a load of washing

4) Reviewed some products this afternoon at a supplier. Came home with two 21 day matured rib eye steaks and a large silverside roast :j.

5) A gorgeous guy smiled at me as he got off the train. I really should wear contact lenses more often!

6) My brother called me this evening to check how things with the house were going. The latest thing was that my IFA emailed me this morning to tell me that the interest rate has gone up by 0.2% because he didn't put the application in yesterday like I told him to.... :mad:. The vendor has confirmed that she is willing to move into rented accommodation if she doesn't find somewhere soon.... though I think her definition of soon and mine may differ.

7) SUNSHINE!!!!

Night night.

L
    Man plans and God laughs...
    Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry. But by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it introduces the idea that if we try to understand each other, we may even become friends.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 23 May 2012 at 8:34PM
    Options
    Blooming nora Frith, what a horrible thing for the HT to say.....there are better ways of saying they are inadequate!! Really looks like they're putting things way out of proportion so that they can build a more 'solid' case to exclude him :( Baalambs :(

OT - massive hugs and prayers coming your way x Hope the follow up checks will show nothing wrong.

Stupid IFA Ladyhawk, how frustrating and blooming expensive for you not to have done his job swiftly :(

1. Low spend day....have just been very sensible in supermarket and not bought any rubbish bar a 59p can of pop, so nice and coooooooooool. Lots of YS stuff

2. The sunshine :)

3. Worked from home again as I had to wait in for an electricity company to come and do something to the meter......turned out all they did was put a sticker on it, but it'll make my electrician happy that he can do the rewiring soon!

4. Nice chat with my mummy on the phone

5. Popped in to see OH after school pickup *swoon*

6. Read a great book

7. Went for a little bike ride

8. Have bought an item of swimwear for our holiday :) It might look rather gruesome on due to my size, but what the heck, only DD and OH are going to see me in it, poor lambs!!

Feeling nice and relaxed this evening :)
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,035 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have a fantastic holiday KK, the lead up is part of the fun.
    LadyHawk, Hmmm that just sucks

Apols for missing a day, however we were travelling all over using two tanks of fuel to find “the car”, and trawling the web for it when not travelling all over, and today the one that was meant to be is now sitting in the driveway, DH is over the moon putting it mildly, it really does feel like it’s meant to be.

A lovely sunny day
    Lunch in a cafe while lovely car man went to get us a years tax, that was also included in the cost.
    Nice Dinner with salad and hot chicken
    3 loads of washing now done and err still hanging out on the line.
    Just that nice relaxing feeling.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yup, this time next week I'll be driving us from the airport to OH's sister's holiday house, for 2 weeks in the same kind of weather as we're having here, but with a pool and no work/school/stuff to do :) It'll be our last holiday for a while as I need to save and save and save to keep on doing my dream home up, and the flights were bought nearly a year ago, so far cheaper :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure