PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi everyone and many thanks for all the hugs! my 5
    1. been to GP this morning and he has referred me to a gynecologist at the hospital. So am awaiting a letter with an appointment date. I am glad about this rather than having to wait 6 months for another smear test result.
    2. took horses a walk [again] and they were good boys, we had a new experience. a scary wheelie bin at the end of the lane. 2 actually. Very scary. But they soon calmed down and one even decided that the recycling boxes were food boxes so had to investigate those just in case there might be a lurking pony nut.
    3. its going to be good weather wise. Hurray.
    4. looking forward to a lazy afternoon.
    5. the farmer has put some rather pretty looking sheep in the field by our house, they are nice to see.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,624 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 24 May 2012 at 1:55PM
    Options
    sparrer Thanks for the banana flapjack recipie sounds easy but I can burn water !!! My attempts at flapjack in the oven have failed miserably :o so will attempt in microwave and let you know how it turns out

oldtractor sorry to hear your news but glad your GP has taken action.. hope you get an appointment soon

abitofhelp hope you feel better soon x

Frith ((hugs)) you might find this organisation helpful http://www.parentpartnership.org.uk/ I found them very helpful when Ineeded advice on my son to challenge his school

Didnt post last night as was too lazy :D so here's mine for yesterday:

1. sun is out, sky is blue and not a cloud to spoil the view
    2. work over for another day. *They have announced our office will close in 2015 but guarantee we will have a job in another office couple miles away so cant complain really, just wont know what job until 6 months before we go
    3. DS boots have arrived. I had arranged courier to come today (thurs) on my day off as they insisted I would have to sign for them, but they came a day early and left them with a neighbour. So DS happy and I've been able to do other things this morning rather than wait in for parcel
    4. lovely evening so decided to treat me and DS to meal out. We headed to H @rvester and it was empty. We sat out on the terrace overlooking the sea and had a lovely meal. Really chilled out and was nice to not have to cook
    5. Lazy evening when got back just laid in front of TV and caught up on weeks recordings on Tivo

Back later with some pleasures for today x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • mishmogs
    mishmogs Posts: 460 Forumite
    Options
    hello again all, this is indeed a lovely, friendly thread, am going to enjoy being on here...

my 5 for today so far.....

5. ate my chicken salad lunch outside in the sunshine - bliss.
    4. visited my neighbour who has been ill for over a year and her new drugs look like they are working as she smiled at me today.
    3. chard is looking good and will be used very soon.
    2. Mr Blackbird was shouting at me today to get away from his nest but I had to carry on as I had seedlings to plant out.
    1. watched the bats last night whilst sat outside having a glass of vino.

over to you all, hope its been a good day. toodles....
    SPC Nbr.... 1484....£800 Saved £946 in 2013)
    (£1,010 in 2014)
    Coveted :staradmin :staradmin from Sue - :D

• Chickenopolis
    Chickenopolis Posts: 1,450 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening all!

abitofhelp- hope you feel better soon .

OT ((hugs)) just in case you need them . Can just see the youngsters snorting and looking at the bins sideways .

VJsmum - you do make me laugh . When I was about 23 I was a Fitness Instructor and one of the older men who came in to use the gym said that I looked like Marianne Faithful. I got the hump and said that she was about 60 so how could I look like her. Not been near Mick Jagger either ;)Now its Helen Mirren.... this is ok :D

5 for today
    1. Site visit went ok so only a half day in the office.

2. Neighbours daughter showed me their 10 week old puppy - so cute :) .

3. Leaving the car park at work a man I don't know said "oh its your pocket rocket" (meaning the ostentatious German vehicle). He used to own one and we had a laugh about how its so quick that it gave me a natural face lift :rotfl:I know I am getting older as men like my car and not me :D:D

4.Contemplating making something easy with prawns for tea ...

5. Day off tomorrow

Have a good evening all !
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening all.

OT - my DP's horses are both oldies, but still tend to snort and bounce around at the sight of anything 'new' (which can of course be a leaf, a pheasant, the wheelbarrow that's been in the same place for days...).

1) A lovely summer breakfast - muesli with yoghurt. I'm making the most of this box of my favourite muesli as the company's stopped making it, so there's no more when it's gone. :(

2) Bought a new pair of sandals for work, with £15 off. (I know that doesn't tie in with my need to spend less money this week, but I found this morning that I'd damaged the leather on my current pair :mad: and I have to have something to put on my feet.)

3) A colleague has invited me to join her team for a work quiz next week - a kind offer as the rest of the team don't know me but are insisting I join them for dinner beforehand, too.

4) HM quiche for lunch. It's not the best I've ever made but is far less of a disaster than it looked like being yesterday evening, when the quiche took twice as long to cook as the recipe indicated and, even when cooked, collapsed when I took it out of the tin. Luckily bits of quiche taste just as good!

5) Had a chat on the phone with a lovely lady from the train company, who assured me that the delay in receiving the letter wouldn't affect my compensation. I get a free standard return ticket to anywhere on their network, which I think I might use to make a return trip to Birmingham later in the year, hoping for a cow-free journey this time! ;)

6) A lovely evening to mooch down to the pub quiz later.

Have a good evening, all.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,197 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Tomorrow morning will be the time for sorting out smaller son. Got various people to phone (and parentpartnership).

Anyway, 5 or more for today then there will be a plea for advice at the end!

1) Quite a good sleep.

2) Sons to school without much fuss.

3) SCHOOL DIDN'T PHONE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4) Had my hair cut at local college (£3) I am growing it from spiky almost nothing into a bob. So I had the back cut short and hope for the rest to catch up with the length of that.

5) Had my 10th cup of tea free at Cafe Nero afterwards.

6) Picked smaller son up from school OK at lunchtime. He did some work but was very clingy with the TA, apparently.

7) Saw the Olympic flame! Can't understand why there were 100 (yes, really) police officers with at least 40 on motorbikes. But we cheered for all those as well. And we cheered at a couple of lorry drivers who happened to be going past at the same time and they sounded their horns all through the village!

Had a cup of tea and lovely cake at the village hall.

8) Home made chicken nuggets for tea, they are always popular. Then rang out of inspiration so had a baked potato and baked beans with them.

9) Texts from OH.

10) The advice, please! Got a per una skirt from the charity shop. Ankle length. 100% cotton. Vertical stripes. (greens) The only way I can describe it is that it is reasonaby fitted at the top (on me it is, anyway!) and gets wider towards the bottom with sort of triangular panels set in and is a bit sort of flared.

I can't find it on the m and s website or a pic on ebay otherwise I would link to it.

The trouble I have is this: I know so little about fashion and haven't worn a skirt since my graduation in 1996, I can't say if its a summer skirt, winter.... What should I wear with it? For what occasion?! I'm wearing it now with a vest top and for all I know it could be the bottom half of a suit or something!

How do people KNOW these things???
  • Chickenopolis
    Options
    Frith - is it lined ?? If so this would change what I would put on the list below.

a.whatever you feel comfortable in .(most important)
    b. a fitted shirt without a pattern .
    c. "v" neck cotton jumper
    d. a pretty vest top not tucked in

hope this helps ??
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,197 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Chicken - thanks, yes it IS lined, with lightweight cotton, the green of one of the stripes of the outer bit. Have looked at the label and it doesn't tell me anything except "Made in India".
  • Chickenopolis
    Options
    Frith - it sounds nice ! a pretty fitted plain coloured shirt I reckon or plain fitted t shirt , v neck .

If its a "hippy dippy" style a nice pair of Doc. M sandals or flip flops would be ok?
  • Kitchenbunny
    Kitchenbunny Posts: 2,085 Forumite
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all. Thought I'd drop in and post my pleasures. Today has been a trying day, but we're at the end of it and almost at the end of the week (whoo hoo)

1. I'm getting used to taking sandwiches for lunch.
    2. The sunshine. I'm getting a tan, gradually.
    3. A nice phone call from Mr Kitchenbunny before he got home from work.
    4. I'm getting good at making the chewy flour tortillas on the front page of the GC thread. Had enchiladas for tonight's tea and it was great to say that I made most of it from scratch.
    5. My brain is adjusting to budgeting very tightly. Now got a 2 notebook system and am determined to have a NSD at some point!

Grr, everything seems to lead to spending at the moment! May has been a looooong month and payday still seems miles away. I'm going to treat myself to a bit of a facial tonight as I've caught the sun and will moisturise instead of aftersun. Both Mr Kitchenbunny and I are agreed now that buying TV guides are a bit of a waste of time, so we've been looking for alternatives. I think we've come up trumps with the RT website and are kind of testing it for usefulness. Fingers crossed on this one - the normal telly book was £1.40 per week, and it got looked at probably twice a week by myself and once every other week by Mr Kitchenbunny. This should save us an additional £70 a year!

KB xx
    Trying for daily wins, and a little security in an insecure world.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure