PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• Ladyhawk
    Ladyhawk Posts: 2,064 Forumite
    Options
    DundeeDoll wrote: »
    Have discovered after much hunting cant listen to local radio on ipad. Biiiiiiig game at 3 so still got another 5hours to sort meself out. Reeeeeeally hoping one of my five tonight is a win for luton COYH

I didn't take you for a Hatters fan, DD. I used to live right next to their stadium. Match day used to drive me mad... Doubly so as I hate football!
    Man plans and God laughs...
    Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry. But by demonstrating that all people cry, laugh, eat, worry and die, it introduces the idea that if we try to understand each other, we may even become friends.
  • Take_it_like_a_man,_sonny
    Options
    DundeeDoll wrote: »
    Have discovered after much hunting cant listen to local radio on ipad. Biiiiiiig game at 3 so still got another 5hours to sort meself out. Reeeeeeally hoping one of my five tonight is a win for luton COYH

Commentary is on BBC website I think. Not watching as my team did not make it, but one of these has to go up. So today I will eat oranges, I think.
    I hvae nt snept th lst fw mntes writg ths post fr yu t cme alng hre nd agre wth m!

Cheers! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,932 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    yep got it on BBC on PC phew. Weather glorious up here in Dundee so wondering whether to take lap top out into garden. Have just discovered my bag of compost has got rather wet in our recent 'damp' weather. So nice to be out in the garden again :D Hope this dry spell lasts. OK now prattling cos footie has kicked off. 1 up for Luton :D:D:D
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Take_it_like_a_man,_sonny
    Options
    I have vision of DD bouncing. Andie Gray 71 seconds. 1-0 Luton.
    I hvae nt snept th lst fw mntes writg ths post fr yu t cme alng hre nd agre wth m!

Cheers! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
  • DundeeDoll
    Options
    All the years I lived in Luton ladyhawk I never got to Kenilworth Road. My mum thought it was far too dangerous!!! So the only time I have ever seen them play was the 88 Littlewoods cup final where they beat the gunners 3-2. The other time I've seen the gunners play was at Carrow Road where they got beat by the canaries. My uncle, a gunner through and through has banned me from going to see Arsenal :rotfl: And yes Sonny I is cooking on gas :D:D:D
  • Kitchenbunny
    Kitchenbunny Posts: 2,085 Forumite
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon, everyone. Wow, I've not been here for a while. I keep going through phases of being OS and badly falling off the wagon, not posting and spending money. So, here's to me making a concerted effort to daily counting of blessings, pennies saved and me attempting to sit up straight.

Here, then, are my five pleasures:

1. Used up some leftover mashed potatoes, peas and a bit of bacon to make a kind of potato cake for breakfast. Yum. :)
    2. There are no end of wood pigeons around us at the moment, and they're all really tame.
    3. Today, and yesterday, were no spend days.
    4. Have been trying coconut oil as a hair conditioner and am enjoying the results.
    5. Watching the MotoGP in Le Mans, France. Wow, the rain they've had today! Good racing though.

Tonight we've got meatballs and pasta for tea. Not much in the way of prep, as the meatballs were pre-made (I know, cheating, but sometimes you have to ;) ) and the sauce is a batch of bolognese sauce at an earlier date. Boil up some pasta and grate some cheese and we'll have a lovely tea and I've still got a couple of homemade chocolate mousses for puds.

Hope you don't mind me dipping in and out like I do. I shall try to make more of an effort to be consistent *contrite*

KB xx
    Trying for daily wins, and a little security in an insecure world.
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 20 May 2012 at 6:24PM
    Options
    Evening all.

PK - I forgot to say yesterday - welcome back, and I'm glad you had a nice time. :)

KB - I confess I'm having trouble staying on the OS bandwagon on the moment, too - I'm keeping up with this thread but sometimes that's all I'm managing. :o

DD - sorry you didn't get the result you were hoping for. :(

sonny - good result for Chelsea last night. :T

1) Long chat on the phone with my DM.

2) Gave my kitchen cupboards a much needed clean with a nicely OS mixture of washing up liquid, vinegar, hot water and elbow grease, and they've come up nicely. :)

3) Gave the kitchen floor a wash while I was at it, and mog didn't do his usual trick of walking across it and then leaving soggy paw prints all over the carpet.

4) Watching a mixed flock of sparrows and great tits in my garden, climbing all over my pots and coming right up to the window. :)

5) Meatballs for dinner tonight (snap, KB! :D) - I'm having mine with some flavoured bulgar wheat mix I got in my last AF order.

6) After a grey sort of day, the sun's just come out. :)

7) Bad, bad CCP - I popped on to AF and couldn't resist placing an order - mostly useful stuff like cat food and loo roll, but also a particular variety of Italian almond shortbread (sbrisalona) which I love but is almost impossible to find in this country. :o

8) And one from Friday I'd forgotten about - a friend's daughter gave me a 10% discount card for the local taxi firm I usually use. :money:

Have a good evening, all.
  • DundeeDoll
    Options
    After rubbish start it's been a good day despite footie result. Thanks CCP and well done York.
    1) The sun was out. What a difference that makes. Got both loads of laundry dried on the line :j
    2) Got some gardening done. Having attacked the more meadowy bits with the strimmer, mowed the rest using the push mower (it's a very small lawn but it's been sooooo wet which of course you all know :rotfl: Also planted some runner beans in toilet roll inners
    3) Ironed out some white rings from the furniture, courtesy of tip on this site. Would never have believed it would work. :T
    4) Checked through 5kg bag of onions and pleased to say pretty sound. The unsoundest have been made into onion soup for lunch and spicy sausage stew for tea. Just boiling the spuds now :beer:
    5) Despite disappointing result, have discovered I can listen to 3 counties radio on the internet so will be able to follow Luton next season. Dear Luton please please please could you finish champions next year? :)
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,630 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 20 May 2012 at 8:05PM
    Options
    My 5 for today

1. Washed all my winter jumpers and cardi's ready to pack away (wishful thinking maybe !!!) and dried on line

2. Changed the element on my cooker. Finally felt up to putting head in oven ;) and it was a bit awkward but fairly easy thanks to instructions and "how-to" on internet

3. Forgot to get whole chicken out of freezer so no roast dinner for us :o .... but then managed to find a chicken breast for DS and a slice of belly pork for me lurking in bottom of freezer, so defrosted in couple hours at room temp and had with stuffing veg and gravy

4. Friend came round for chat as I havent seen her for a few weeks. The sun was out so we went for a walk.... passed the local pond and saw the swans with their babies, then headed along the foreshore.... but my, that wind was bitter. So we cut walk short and headed for pub.

5. Friend bought me a delish hot chocolate in pub, came with masses of whipped cream and almond biscuits :D
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Purple_kitten
    Purple_kitten Posts: 3,052 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry I’ve not caught up on all of the posts yet, but wanted to post.:D

Thanks for the warm welcome back, I won’t bore you with holiday photo’s and stories:o but it was needed and so nice, It had a proper campfire, that pleased the OH, brings out the man-ug-fire in him, With food cooked on it, and baked bananas with toblerone in for desert – delicious. Staring at the stars at night, satellite spotting and gazing in general, why don’t we star watch at home?!
    Food costs were kept down by mostly eating in, with Asda and Lidl to hand we could pick and choose in the RTC’s, we used offers to have lunches out and got some great deals:j. It’s a lovely campsite in Pembroke set in 23 acres so lots of wildlife and space, it’s set on the estuary where we could literally sit with a drink and see the tide coming right in and paddle. In short bliss, We celebrated our 7th Wedding anniversary without an itch in sight, and DH’s birthday. I could happily waffle on for hours about wildlife spotting and using wild garlic in food etc but I don’t want to be bed time reading:rotfl:

For Yesterday (Sat)
    Keeping that holiday relaxed “there’s more to life” feeling still.:D
    A ridiculous amount of washing done and dried and silly amounts still to go.:o
    HM egg mayo in HM bread (spot who can’t afford and can’t be bothered to shop since back)
    I wanted to be good and need to be but found myself very extravagantly ordering food for delivery, but domino’s had a good offer on, does that count, hmmm doubt it but it was good, and left over’s for tomorrow.:p
    Picked the cats and up they are at least happy to be back. I think we’ve cracked the cattery lady, a lady who prefers animals to people – I can totally relate to this, but now she chats away to us for about hour or so about our adventures.:cool:

For Today
    Got up early and on with things
    I am in throw out mode, with so much stuff cluttering up, we decided to start in the garden which led to:....
    Moving 400 bricks, moving all clutter from behind shed, sorting it out, and loading it into the car for a tip run tomorrow.
    Lunch of left over pizza – always tastes better to me. Thou it’s rare it’s left over.
    4 loads of washing done.
    Feeling really hungry today so made a batter pancake mix up for later.
    A lot of clearing done, and the garden looks terrible for it, and I’m aching badly so another pleasure will be a hot bath.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport