PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sparrer - I'm shocked at you ;) Bumps and grinds and Jackie Chan in the same post, sounds like a fun morning chez Sparrer!! :)
  • mcculloch29
    mcculloch29 Posts: 4,972 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    edited 21 May 2012 at 12:01PM
    Options
    Welcome Adam!
    Thanks Chicken.
    Funny you should mention Housewife 49, I have just got Nella Last's two further diaries and it's been so good to find out 'what happened next' as it were.
    Ironically, these are much heavier going in a way, a lot of introspective stuff as Nella and her husband (Will) aged.

Edit: Leftover pizza is a very good brekkie, though with my tummy not liking bread any more that could be a thing of the past.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Pink camping in Pembrokeshire, I'm envious!
    my5
    1.its a lovely sunny day
    2. horses coming along nicely maturing both physically and mentally
    3.delicious salad for lunch
    4. been a walk and it was good to see various birds and the "may" is out so we can all start casting clouts
    5. DS1 has just made me a big cup of tea.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,965 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Ladyhawk wrote: »
    ooks like. Bubs is going to be a whopper! Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it. So looking forward to meeting the little one (or Hippo as my friend calls her) in the next few days :)

Sleep tight

L

Well, as someone who had a ten pounder (well, 9 lb 14oz) in 3 hours I think the big ones get themselves out. My mum had a christmas turkey - 12 lb! And she was quite little - my brother is now 6'3" :eek: He was her fifth tho.

Hello:hello: I've been to Copenharrrrgen and very wonderful it was too - so here are mine for the last few days

1. Wonderful, wonderful Copenhagen. What a fabulouso place - if eyewateringly expensive
    2. The weather was hot and sunny
    3. My favourite bits - Nyhavn, Christiania (the Hippy bit), Tivoli gardens and the lovely people oh, and pickled herring.
    4. OH had cooked a lovely lasagne for when i got back
    5. Danish pastries

Mmmmm, Chicken, crumble (not chicken crumble :rotfl:) I think I had some mix left. But no rhubarb. Might make a pear and raisin one.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,613 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone, welcome Adam :hello:
    Cant beat cold curry or even cold kebab ;) for brekkie

Have been on a bit of a mission today as I am fed up of house being a tip.

1. Day off work. Cloudy start but sun came out by lunch time
    2. Took DS (16yo) for his passport photos taken (not OS) but he then came with me to get weekly shop, and he actually came in with me and helped pack shopping and unpack again when we got home. I dont normally take him with me but if he does come along he usually just sits in the car whilst I shop as he hates supermarkets. Was glad of the help today as my back is aching from sticking my head in oven yesterday (to fix element)
    3 Washing dried on line
    4. Lots of housework done (well, lots compared to amount I normally do :o )
    5. Met friend for chat and she coloured my hair so no more grey roots
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Kitchenbunny
    Kitchenbunny Posts: 2,085 Forumite
    Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Whew, end of another day already! My day has been full of hayfever so hasn't been the shiniest of shiny things but has been OK. I managed to find some pleasures, so here goes: :)

1. Found a film we'd been wanting for the collection for a long time at a price we couldn't refuse. Yay!
    2. Managed to stick to my shopping list and have been comparing items for best value left, right & centre!
    3. The meatballs were lovely last night and I had them again for lunch.
    4. The sun came out briefly.
    5. I've started knitting a cuddly toy and am hoping to stick to it this time!

Tonight's tea is Toad in the Hole. I found a packet of Irish recipe sausages last week RTC at Mr M for 54p so I picked them up. Took the yellow sticker off and put them in the freezer quite happily. 8 sausages, Mr KB normally has 3 and I have 2, so that'll leave 3 sausages left over. Working it out...

100g flour (roughly 4p)
    1 egg (about 13p)
    1/2 pt milk & water (about 13p)
    8 sausages (54p)
    1/2 can baked beans (18p)

roughly 56p per person, with leftovers for another meal. Happy days! Now I just have to hope the sausages are good enough!

Have a nice evening, everyone

KB xx
    Trying for daily wins, and a little security in an insecure world.
  • Take_it_like_a_man,_sonny
    Options
    DD. Bit gutted that Luton lost yesterday. Always next year though.

KB Do not forget the onion gravy though

McCullough. Glad to see the dogs and sheep get out a lot. I like a bit of hookey as well. Round here we have a decent hogwash, actually, hogs head!

5 4 2 day.

5 Love it when Emily, the Sat Nav gets near Cirencester, she just loves the old A417. Turn left down SWINE DEN Road. Gets me every time.

4 She does it on the way back as well. Sometimes I just want to drive round there all the time.

3 Done a trifle, but the jelly has gone lopsided. The custard tried to level it off, but it is just one great quagmire now. I will do the dream topping and settle it some how.

2 Torch relay coming here on Wednesday. I wonder if I get enough puff, I can blow it out? I suppose I will not have to worry, it appears it goes out itself anyway.

1 Well, that in one up in the test series then.
    I hvae nt snept th lst fw mntes writg ths post fr yu t cme alng hre nd agre wth m!

Cheers! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,185 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 21 May 2012 at 6:17PM
    Options
    Pleasures for today so far

1) Quite a good sleep.

2) Son very grumpy about SAT's (he has been put in to do the higher level English papers) but got him to school in the end.

3) Meeting re: smaller son. This lady came in because she can get everyone into school for a massive meeting (county, teachers, paediatrician, speech and language etc). Nice, positive lady. Read all C's literature and said "No wonder he has trouble at school!" and that he needs a statement. Head still pushing me to send him to a different school with a nurture unit. That particular school is famed for being ropey (was "failing" for many years") and is 12 miles away.

4) Got C at midday (still excluded for afternoons) and we went to Sainsburys. Had a surprisingly tasty lunch in S's cafe, giant cous cous and goats cheese salad.

5) Smaller son helped me top up the water in the car and check the tyres.

6) Phoned another company to come out and give me a quote for new window frames since the first company haven't got back to me...

7) Texts from OH and my sister phoned me.

8) Watered the garden.

9) Very sunny and warm, got my new top on (charity shop find). Strange to go from T shirts and jumpers to a strappy top, I feel like I've got nothing on!

P.S Re: The Olympic flame - it is going through the next village on Thursday afternoon. School shuts at 2pm and there are tea and cakes in the village hall. I think we'll go there. :-)
  • Chickenopolis
    Chickenopolis Posts: 1,450 Forumite
    Options
    Good evening all!

Adam - welcome:wave:

Sparrer- woo hoo spring has sprung in your house then ;)

KB - well done !

VJsmum -glad to hear that you had a nice break x

mcculloch - what a coincidence -I was looking up Nella Lasts Peace on Amaz*n as I got a £30 gift voucher from OH so might put on my Kindle .

5 for today

1. Singing my head off to "Cars" Gary Numan on the way to work this morning at 7.15am - lo and behold he is on our local news as I type this . Although I think he might have had a bit of work done ..could still eat him for breakfast ...;):D

2. Forced myself to use a new computer system at work - its fab !

3.Used a plunger to try and unblock the dishwasher that is not draining , seems ok fingers crossed .

4.Classic rake hit me in the face type of incident in the garden - no damage done ...to the rake , but maybe to OH who left it there!!

5. Planted some sweetcorn ,never tried this before interesting to see how it turns out . Peas are flowering as are strawberries

Have a good evening all!
    :AToo fat to be Felicity Kendal , but aim for a bit more of the good life :A
  • CCP
    CCP Posts: 5,061 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening all.

sonny - if your trifle doesn't turn out right, you can always send it in my direction - I love the stuff and really don't care what it looks like! ;)

Adam - welcome to the thread! The potato pancakes sound lovely - are they the Irish-type ones (boxty, I think they're called) or the ones made with leftover mash? Actually, both are delicious so I don't suppose it matters!

I'll second mcculloch on cold LO pizza - HM or takeaway, it's always better the next day. (Hey, it rhymes! :rotfl:)

I've been feeling a bit down today, for some unknown reason - the weather's nicer than it has been in ages, and it's been so quiet at work that I spent most of the afternoon messing about on the internet as I had nothing better to do. :o

1) Lovely, warm, sunshiney weather. smiley-happy005.gif

2) A purry welcome home from mog, acting as if I'd been gone for days rather than hours. Strange creature.

3) One of my plug-plant dahlias which got munched by slugs within hours of planting is starting to re-grow, and some chilli seedlings which went the same way have been replaced as some more seeds have germinated. :j

4) Trying to decide which item on this week's mealplan to have for dinner, and being very grateful that I'm in a position to choose.

5) Deciding on pasta al lago (it's an egg, bacon, cheese and veg sauce - a sort of b*st*rdised carbonara), followed by some blueberry cheesecake - not very healthy, but very yum. :drool:

Have a nice evening, all - I hope the weather's as nice where you are as it is here.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure