URGENT ADVICE PLEASE..is this illegal....

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I have just sorted out a credit from Visat Print for £9.95, having subscibed to something I did not want to.

Today I checked my credit card statement on line and discovered that yesterday (16th October) I was debited £9.95 by an on line company called CLUBPREM.COM, again it was for £9.95. I have never authorised such a payment.

I contacted my bank, HSBC and they credited me with the latest deduction of £9.95. However, I have had to cancel my current card and await a new one. HSBC did not seem aware that this type of thing was going on, even though I was talking to someone in the Fraud Department.

I quoted your website and its reports. THE man I spoke to said he would point this out to THE RELEVANT DEPARTMENT!

I shall never buy from Vista Print again, but I NOW wonder how CLUBPREM.COM got my card details. I am very careful where I use it and certainly never ask for my card details to be stored for a future transcation.

Apparently,others have said its in the smallprint to be enrolled in some reward schemes,of which clubprem is one.
  • This forum is popping up on google when searching VPREWARDS. I have the same story as others have posted. Don't remember seeing anything that said I was going to be charged £9.95. Very:mad: :mad: Annoyed about this. Have cancelled my card as I thought their site had been hacked.
    Will be calling on Monday to request my Money returned, this is a con. Its a shame as I was pleased with the stationery.
    I'll update if I get my money back.
    :T Thanks to everyone who posted about this - really useful.
  • VPREWARDS, on the vista print site, under the help section there is a section on vp rewards.
    here is the extract:

'What does the billing code “VPREWARDSUS.COM” mean? This is the monthly membership fee for VistaPrint Rewards. Read more at the VistaPrint Rewards section of this page.

What is VistaPrint Rewards? VistaPrint Rewards is a membership rewards program that offers members savings on shopping, entertainment, dining out, movies and travel. Membership is free for the first 30 days, and then a membership fee of £9.95 per month, payable by credit card, applies.

How does a customer join VistaPrint Rewards? You are eligible to join VistaPrint Rewards when you successfully complete a VistaPrint order. After completing a VistaPrint order, customers may be presented with an offer page offering the opportunity to take advantage of a £10 VistaPrint cash back offer for joining the VistaPrint Rewards Program. This offer page contains details about the VistaPrint Rewards Program including offer benefits, services and the associated monthly fee required to participate. If a customer chooses to accept this offer the credit card used for the customer’s VistaPrint purchase will be automatically charged the applicable monthly fees after a 30 day free-trial period, and VistaPrint will transfer certain personal information, including the customer’s credit card information, to a service provider that administers the program. As part of the registration process for the program, a customer is required to enter his or her email address twice, and click the “YES” button stating that the customer agrees with the following statement:

“By clicking “Yes” I have read and agree to the Offer Details displayed to the left and authorise VistaPrint to securely transfer my name, address and credit card information to the service provider for VistaPrint Rewards.”

Following acceptance of the offer, the customer’s information is then transferred to the service provider for the program via a secure encrypted link. Customers are then sent a confirmation email which confirms enrollment, a subsequent email activating the customer’s VistaPrint Rewards Account, and a reminder email at the end of the 30 day free-trial period. These three emails are sent to the email address the customer entered in the registration step.

How do I cancel my membership? Please call free phone at 084567 22002 and speak to a VistaPrint Rewards member representative to cancel your membership.

How do I claim the £10.00 cash-back? After joining VistaPrint Rewards you received an email with your unique membership ID number as well as instructions on how to immediately start taking advantage of member benefits. Instructions on claiming the £10 cash back award was contained in that email. If you have further questions please contact 084567 22002'

hope this will help some of you.

frank
  • nellis10
    nellis10 Posts: 1,350 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    VPREWARDS, on the vista print site, under the help section there is a section on vp rewards.
    here is the extract:

'What does the billing code “VPREWARDSUS.COM” mean? This is the monthly membership fee for VistaPrint Rewards. Read more at the VistaPrint Rewards section of this page.

What is VistaPrint Rewards? VistaPrint Rewards is a membership rewards program that offers members savings on shopping, entertainment, dining out, movies and travel. Membership is free for the first 30 days, and then a membership fee of £9.95 per month, payable by credit card, applies.

How does a customer join VistaPrint Rewards? You are eligible to join VistaPrint Rewards when you successfully complete a VistaPrint order. After completing a VistaPrint order, customers may be presented with an offer page offering the opportunity to take advantage of a £10 VistaPrint cash back offer for joining the VistaPrint Rewards Program. This offer page contains details about the VistaPrint Rewards Program including offer benefits, services and the associated monthly fee required to participate. If a customer chooses to accept this offer the credit card used for the customer’s VistaPrint purchase will be automatically charged the applicable monthly fees after a 30 day free-trial period, and VistaPrint will transfer certain personal information, including the customer’s credit card information, to a service provider that administers the program. As part of the registration process for the program, a customer is required to enter his or her email address twice, and click the “YES” button stating that the customer agrees with the following statement:

“By clicking “Yes” I have read and agree to the Offer Details displayed to the left and authorise VistaPrint to securely transfer my name, address and credit card information to the service provider for VistaPrint Rewards.”

Following acceptance of the offer, the customer’s information is then transferred to the service provider for the program via a secure encrypted link. Customers are then sent a confirmation email which confirms enrollment, a subsequent email activating the customer’s VistaPrint Rewards Account, and a reminder email at the end of the 30 day free-trial period. These three emails are sent to the email address the customer entered in the registration step.

How do I cancel my membership? Please call free phone at 084567 22002 and speak to a VistaPrint Rewards member representative to cancel your membership.

How do I claim the £10.00 cash-back? After joining VistaPrint Rewards you received an email with your unique membership ID number as well as instructions on how to immediately start taking advantage of member benefits. Instructions on claiming the £10 cash back award was contained in that email. If you have further questions please contact 084567 22002'

hope this will help some of you.

frank
    I can guarantee you now I didn't enter my email twice and I certainly didn'tget a membership number!! AND I didn't get an email abou £10 cashback either!!

Vistaprint sign you up automatically it appears and as they are aware a lot of people are unhappy about this so they aren't quibbling over refunds!!

If you get charged just phone them up and ask for a redund and membership cancellation. So far as I can see anyone on here who has done this has not had a subsequent problem with VPrewards, other than that they no longer have a supplier for business cards etc!!!
    2024 Challenges
    • Grocery Budget (January £0/£300)
    • Decluttering (Underway!)
    • Frugal Living (January £0/£500
    • 24 in 2024 (0/24)
  • Hi nellis10, I am sorry to hear about the problem with these people. Vista print, I cannot fault. I have used them for several years, always waiting for the free offers.
    This was the first time I clicked on theYES button, by mistake!. That was the day before yesterday. today I have received an email with the account number. Having logged in to the site, the cancellation process is very easy.
    I was just about to offer to get you the direct email address, but on attempting to login I cannot, so I assume my sub is cancelled, in the last 5 minutes. I do hope you get things sorted. regards,

frank
  • nellis10
    nellis10 Posts: 1,350 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Hi nellis10, I am sorry to hear about the problem with these people. Vista print, I cannot fault. I have used them for several years, always waiting for the free offers.
    This was the first time I clicked on theYES button, by mistake!. That was the day before yesterday. today I have received an email with the account number. Having logged in to the site, the cancellation process is very easy.
    I was just about to offer to get you the direct email address, but on attempting to login I cannot, so I assume my sub is cancelled, in the last 5 minutes. I do hope you get things sorted. regards,

frank
    This happened a couple o months ago and I got it sorted very easily...but I am wary now of using Vistasprint again...I used them quite a bit beforehand. I'm running out of all my bits and pieces and I got the freebies email but don't know whether to use it or not now. :confused:
    2024 Challenges
    • Grocery Budget (January £0/£300)
    • Decluttering (Underway!)
    • Frugal Living (January £0/£500
    • 24 in 2024 (0/24)
  • I also was signed up for the rewards scheme, which I would never have done if I knew it cost £9.95 per month. I think the site is very misleading if so many people accidentally end up on the scheme. They also do too much cross-selling, and send too much junk e-mail. I'll never use them again, and have let them know why.

Regards, Roger
  • Becster
    Becster Posts: 18 Forumite
    Astaroth wrote:

As to legal? In english law it would be.... but their site states they are based in Bermuda and therefore governed by their law not english (which is legal)

Luckily they do not use this fact. I have just read their terms and conditions and they state that the contract is to be governed by English law.

I too got stung. I just bought some items from Vistaprint and unwittingly got signed up for TWO of their 'free trials'. I then got sent an email from two of their comnpanies with my membership details. I have tried to call them, but just get a very unprofessional answer machine message saying that you need to call back in office hours (it was 11.00am Tuesday), or that they may be in a meeting. Incidently it does sounds like it may be Vicky Pollards sister!!

Anyway, have tried to cancel by email on the address provided to cancel and have had the email returned 'Unknown address'. I have finally cancelled through their website and have had emails back from them saying I will hear from them within 1-2 days. I am still way within my free trial of a product I know nothing about, so shouldn't be charged anything. But we shall wait and see...

:money:

http://www.clubprem.com/UK2/(4fr5be45jobjhhu2fbsbhjqe)/Page/Help/TermsOfSiteUsage.aspx

Para 17. GOVERNING LAW
    The Scheme operates for the UK only. The Membership Terms and the contract between Member and us shall therefore be deemed to be performed within the United Kingdom and therefore shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English Law. Also, the use of the Scheme website is governed by English law. These Membership Terms and the contract between you and us (and any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claims of whatever nature in relation to them) shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with English law and Member and we hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
    :j 1st baby due 5th February 2010 :j
  • I don't remember signing up for this either and have received an email today saying £9.95 will be charged to my account on November 20. I have cancelled membership but they say it takes 20 days to cancel so I guess they will take the £9.95 before then! Cancelling my credit card seems to be the only safe option - or am I being hasty?
  • Medusa
    Medusa Posts: 5 Forumite
    I have had exactly the same problem, I have been charged for two subscriptions which I have never subscribed to: VPREWARDS.COM and CLUBPREM.COM for £9.95 each. I have been using Vista Print for a while now and they have always been very good. I want to give them the benefit of doubt and hope that there must have been a mistake in their system rather than a scam. I called the suggested number above just now (no wait on the phone) and a very kind operator apologised for the inconvenience and told me that my subscription will be canceled within 48/72 hours and I will get a refund. I'll keep you posted!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure