Improve Money Rules In 50 Words. Suggest easy changes for our politicians

Options

Comments

• _Chris_5
    Options
    There should be a General Election because the Coalition got in with lies and deceit
    Isn't that what every elected government has done....
    :coffee: The trouble with making things idiot-proof are that idiots are so ingenious.
  • Ron_Bolton
    Options
    Just a suggestion to Pm Dep PM RESIGN and call another General election your polices are bringing this country to its Knees :p your manifesto when out of the window when you got into power by the back door:mad: your tuition fees are a joke, you are cutting backs jobs in the public sector to allow for private companies to take over these postions thereby lining the pockets of your fellow TORY millionaires .:cry: you liberal DEMS have done what the French did in 1914 & 1939 Capitulate ! just to get into government. The sooner we bring these dictators down the better for all. We have not long got out of the MESS left by the last load of TORY **** and it is starting again.THE RICH WILL BECOME RICHER AT THE EXPENSE OF THE POOR . ( tory policy )
  • MartinF57
    Options
    I want toi see broadband pricing based upon the actual service provided. I have to pay for an "up to 8Mb" speed yet can only get 2Mb. Others around the country pay the same and get 8Mb. Am I subsiding their superior service or is it just simply a rip off. Lets have more tiers and banded pricing based upon delivery, not potential/theoretical speeds
  • MartinF57
    Options
    In these days of recession and gloom and doom, the government should raise more revenue by applying VAT to non essential products, like alcohol. Whether purchased in a shop or pub, VAT should be charged. After all, we don't NEED alcohol in order to live - it is a non essential!
  • Why can't ticket websites be forced to give at least one week's notice before any tickets go on sale instead of the usual 24 hours giving far too little time to organise who we want to go with and how many tickets to buy ?
  • IanatSeaton
    Options
    Don't lock consumers into prepayment meters

I am unable to switch to many of the cheapest online fuel tariffs as I cannot afford the circa £50 upfront payment that fuel suppliers require to replace my inherited prepayment meter. Ironically I cannot afford to move to a tariff that could save me up to £300 a year.
    There should only be a charge for customers who had the prepayment meters put in in the first place.

You need to talk to your present fuel provider and request that they remove the prepayment meter as it is not in your interest to use it and it was not installed for you or by your request. They are limiting your opportunity to get a fair competitive quote from other suppliers and that has to be deemed as a restriction of your rights.
  • andywyatt007
    Options
    data protection is being abused by big companys who sell phone contracts one company sells you the contract with a service provider who you never speak to and thay open a account for you and commit you to the t&c you have not seen , and when you get the first company who sold you the contract to admit the contract was missold ( thay lied ) and thay request the phone is sent back , only to be hounded by the service provider who does not stop the contract. and the first company that lied quotes the data protection act for the reason thay cant sort out the problem and the service suplier states you commited to the contract and are not intrested in why the phone was returned , so the seller can open a account and commit you to t&c and run away when it all goes wrong , and the credit agenceys make a killing. IF I BOUGHT ANY THING LIKE CAR IT WOULD BE THE GARAGE WHO SOLD ME THE CAR TO SORT THE PROBLEM OUT IN THIS CASE WHAT HAS HAPPEND TO THE SALES OF GOODS ACT
  • andywyatt007
    Options
    diddyrach wrote: »
    stop allowing lenders that advertise quick money when low on cash to charge stupid interest rates such as 200% + its not necessary and doesn't help anyone but their own pockets

on the one is quoting 2600%apr on the tv
  • mellowmanhez
    Options
    Instead of giving the banks billions, why not give homeowners tax relief on mortgage payments / overpayments to enable us to repay our mortgages earlier? Or bring back MIRAS (even though I’m too young to remember it!).
    30 years to go until mortgage free - £700pcm :(
  • 3guesses
    3guesses Posts: 150 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In order to be able to get fixed line broadband, it should not be necessary to have a telephone service as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure