Improve Money Rules In 50 Words. Suggest easy changes for our politicians

Options

Comments

• JUMAR_2
    Options
    At least 20% more motorway capacity could be achieved if we adopted the USA rules for driving on 3+ lane freeways ( able to pass either side).This would remove problems of middle lane hogs,reduce accidents,reduce frustation & not cost a penny.
  • spond
    spond Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Politicians brand those who are poor, unemployed or disabled as benefit cheats while the rich are allowed to cheat the tax system with impunity. The tax system will never be 'fair' when the lower paid are forced to contribute (through PAYE), while the rich boast of how little they contribute.
  • zenrinkushu
    Options
    As lots of pensioners don’t have access to a computer, they are discriminated against regarding the lowest energy tariffs. Therefore make it a legal requirement for all energy providers to ensure that their pensioner customers are subscribed to the lowest energy tariff by default, on an ongoing basis.
  • woglew
    woglew Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    The tax-avoiding waiting period for people who take advantage of company share-options should be reduced (back) down to 3 years, or even 2 years. Making people wait 5 years before they can cash-in their shares is unnecessarily long, especially considering the fact that the number of people taking up share options hardly differs whether it is 2, 3 or 5 years we're forced to wait.
  • Butterfly_Brain
    Options
    There should be a General Election because the Coalition got in with lies and deceit
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones that let in the light
    C.R.A.P R.O.L.L.Z. Member #35 Butterfly Brain + OH - Foraging Fixers
    Not Buying it 2015!
  • carolinehopkins
    Options
    Allow housing benefit to be paid monthly as well as four weekly. Homelessness is caused when people cannot make monthly top up payments. Top up for a rent of £850 per month is £65.00 but the annual cost to housing benefit is the same whether paid four weekly or monthly.
  • paul_leader
    Options
    Many banks entice you into an ISA with a high rate, then drop it, and prevent you from transferring out to another ISA the following year.

All ISAs should allow you to transfer without affecting your allowance. It would result in a more competitive market with more honest rates.
  • carolinehopkins
    Options
    A male cold caller walked through my front door, through my (small) hallway and right into my front room scaring the daylights out of me then tried to do his sales pitch and didn't like it when I yelled at him to get out!
  • wellssj
    Options
    I propose that all banks and savings institutions should be required to display or print the current interest rate that is effective on YOUR account. With so much complexity around time limited bonuses and rates dependent on balance I think that we all deserve transparency on own individual accounts with these institutions.
  • Diddyrach
    Options
    Stop allowing lenders that advertise quick money when low on cash to charge stupid interest rates such as 200% + its not necessary and doesn't help anyone but their own pockets
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure