Improve Money Rules In 50 Words. Suggest easy changes for our politicians

Options

Comments

• wellssj
    Options
    In the near future graduates will leave university with debts of more than £30k. One cannot expect many of them to build a deposit for a house purchase. I would expect the housing market to remain in the doldrums for ever!
  • Diddyrach
    Options
    Stop inheritance tax - whatever we inherit has already been taxed to the the nth degree anyway - its disgusting to tax it again.
  • If the government were to launch a national program whereby motorists on motorways are encouraged to KEEP LEFT (via the digital information displays) instead of mindlessly chugging down the middle lane, it should significantly ease congestion, thereby saving us all fuel, and money! :money:
  • jfitz66
    Options
    by putting a photo of the card owner on the card. If DVLA can do it, why can't the banks? It is simple to do - yet would save millions in fraud. Everyone I suggest it to agrees with me. Matalan did it about 20 years ago on their club card. Technology has improved since then, so why can't it be done?
  • r9rog
    r9rog Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    The police will always use their authority in these matters. However, the law could determine that the recovery company, the storage company and the repairer must be totally independent. This standalone requirement may increase each element's cost, but it would remove the incentive for any side to take control.
  • r9rog
    r9rog Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Most of the companies providing the cheapest car insurance rates load future premiums following non-fault accidents. The law should instruct insurers not to seek or use this information or provide for a commensurate cash payment to the innocent victim from the culprit's insurers. Say 40% of claim.
  • Jeepster_2
    Options
    I have four different (company) pension pots but can't currently consolidate them as they are all slightly different - would be great to simplify things and have them all under one umbrella, especially as I'm still at least thirty years off retiring.
  • bigpat
    bigpat Posts: 328 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Affix large coloured labels to wheelie bins, to denote whether they are (a) weekly collection, or (b) every two weeks.

We can easily go 2-3 weeks without filling ours and often don't bother putting it out for collection. Providing a small discount for this would encourage recycling. The labels would help ensure people didn't cheat the system as the bin men would know which ones to take. They'd also finish their rounds more quickly some weeks!
  • bigpat
    Options
    Work out what the TV licensing system COSTS each year (advertising, detection, prosecution, lost revenue) and add it to general taxation. Better yet make an efficiency saving elsewhere.

Before people complain and say "I don't watch the BBC, why should I pay?", bear in mind that there are countless thousands who pay for education etc. but have no children of their own. The percentage of people without TVs in this country is tiny. I'm convinced money would be saved.
  • bigpat
    Options
    Turn street lights off between midnight and dawn. Motorists have headlights, other can carry flashlights. Reduce council tax accordingly!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure