🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Improve Money Rules In 50 Words. Suggest easy changes for our politicians

Options

Comments

• JohnT43
    Options
    Call centers must answer 90% of incoming calls within 30 seconds and not then just put you on “hold”. Tax or fines for UK organizations that fail to do this. Use part of the tax/fines to provide systems to monitor this.
  • paddykay
    Options
    They can de-register you. The reason they don't is because they like the money they receive for every patient registered - especially as in cases like yours they have to do absolutely nothing to get it.
    WASTE OF NHS MONEY

I live abroad and I am registered with our local health service. Why can't I get "deregistered" at my old doctors surgery in the UK.I am told they will only take me off their system when my new doctor applies for my records (which they will not). I know other people like me here Why should our old doctors be paid to keep us as their patients.
  • rabid_dog
    Options
    What competition on railways, its a monopoly
  • wingwalker44
    Options
    When FM transmissions cease, besides mandatory disposal costs of millions of existing radios—because there are no large scale manufactures of domestic electronics in Britain—consider the effect on the balance of payments of having to import an equivalent number of DAB radios from abroad.
  • paddykay
    Options
    Doctors surgeries should not be allowed to use them either - including the sneaky 0844 numbers.
    RSJON wrote: »
    This has already been mentioned before but I would like to back up the call for NO premium rate phone numbers to be used for ANY Government department. Having been made redundant a year ago I can personally tell you of the frustration and expense of dealing with these departments. I think it is absolutely OUTRAGEOUS that the government seeks to make money from those in society who can least afford it; can you believe that you have to pay to ring the job centre? I think Martin should make it a campaign.
    Jon Weller.
  • wingwalker44
    Options
    When FM transmissions are no longer available, the effect on low income households of having to compulsorily replace ‘ordinary’ radios could be critical. There will also be millions of perfectly good ‘ordinary’ radios and car radios destined for costly landfill!
  • Diddyrach
    Diddyrach Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 9 December 2010 at 8:20PM
    Options
    Banks to report monthly to credit reference agencies, not every 3 months, especially on closure of an account as this will prevent waiting months for improved credit scores.
  • Diddyrach
    Diddyrach Posts: 8 Forumite
    edited 9 December 2010 at 8:21PM
    Options
    Benefit "Run On" paid for ANYONE getting back into work regardless of whether they have signed on for 20 weeks solid or not. Will encourage more people back to work from short term benefits, as currently they are worse off with rent arrears for 1st month without this.
  • Mandy_P_3
    Options
    Update the list of chronic illnesses that get free prescriptions in England to be fairer. At the moment it taxes many of the sick.
  • JLD1
    Options
    Can we have a ban on banks and financial services companies sending out application forms for cards and other servies prepopulated with personal details. These can be used to establish identities to access other services e.g. telephony, power supply, benefits claims
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport