We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Xmas eve hamper - better than last year

1…3940424445…50

Comments

  • themull1
    themull1 Posts: 4,299 Forumite
    I love the ideas of the hampers, but some have so much stuff in i think it will take the edge off the big day. i'm keeping mine simple and cheap.!!
  • pinkflop
    pinkflop Posts: 175 Forumite
    Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas."
    ~ Peg Bracken.
  • pinkflop
    pinkflop Posts: 175 Forumite
    Ooh, and tarton ribbon you could probably get from The Range - they have hundreds of different sorts o ribbon from 99p. Or if you have a 'crafty' stall in your local market. Or have a look on ebay :)

    hth :)
    Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas."
    ~ Peg Bracken.
  • wrenlegs
    wrenlegs Posts: 300 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Pinkflop - thank you!!!!! Im gonna check out your link right now - thanks so much xxx:T
    :money: Saving money, saving the environment and saving space (aka decluttering) - my motto this year!
  • I have never heard of a christmas eve hamper, but it is such a wonderfull idea
    Defo be doing this, this year for my 2 little ones...started my list already!
  • jcr16
    jcr16 Posts: 4,185 Forumite
    i love making xmas eve hampers. haven't had chance to think about whats going in ours this year. but hubby came up with a great idea. were gonna make a hamper to have on the day the xmas tree goes up. in it will be lots of xmas dvd's, story books , a tin of chocolates, and some crafting bits to xmas decs etc. hubby sad it be a great way to get into the xmas spirit and the build up to xmas. i will make a start on it first week in november.
  • Ami82
    Ami82 Posts: 1,081 Forumite
    I have only read the first few pages late last night and i love the idea!! I will def do this every xmas eve with my 2 kids! Thank you all for sharing your ideas :) My dd will be 4 in dec and ds will be 20 months so i know they will love it too! I just need to get organise... :)
  • imcognito
    imcognito Posts: 195 Forumite
    Wowweeee this is fab.. I have never heard of these before and me and DH always wanted to start a tradition and this is it!! :j

    Soo I have ordered my hamper (ebay)
    Plus a personalised plate for Santa and Rudolph with the kids names on it :D

    Have also ordered them a new Xmas book each funny ones for the boys 5&4 and a Thats not My Fairy for the little one (she will be 23 mnths)

    Cant wait for everywhere to get teh Xmas stock out so I can pick up bargains.. this is soooo exciting!!!

    I am going to get most of the other things PJs socks and a film :D

    Im x
    BSC Member 207 :beer:
    Mummy to 3 Wonderful Children 2 Boys and a Princess
  • imcognito
    imcognito Posts: 195 Forumite
    edited 6 October 2010 at 3:04PM
    Doh, just realied its been a while since I last logged in really must update siggy!

    DOne :D
    BSC Member 207 :beer:
    Mummy to 3 Wonderful Children 2 Boys and a Princess
  • danemi1
    danemi1 Posts: 1,353 Forumite
    dont know if I am in wrong place but after some help making mincemeat for christmas

    I am in the middle of making Mincemeat - it says Candied Mixed Peel - I have Italian Mixed Peel and later it says soft brown sugar I have both Natural Molasses Sugar and Demerara Sugar

    Which do I use and do you think it will be ok - do I need to do anything to my italian peel to make it candied or will it be ok

    Help very much appreciated

    Thanks Elaine
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.