Do NOT use CollectPlus

Options

Comments

• lyniced
    lyniced Posts: 1,880 Forumite
    Options
    Why are they taking 'forever' to deliver my parcels? I've checked tracking constantly and it has said 'despatched from depot' since Tuesday 9th Dec. tried to ring, but they never answer. What's going on? Is anyone else in the same boat?
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni
  • Obviously_the_best
    Options
    Collect+ are delivered by Yodel, who if you've seen the news you'll have seen are struggling at the moment. Backlogs everywhere and collections suspended.
  • Broadwood
    Options
    No courier actually really handles parcels more roughly than any other, it's the mechanical sorting systems. The only way to prevent it with any courier is to package your parcels properly, and read the list of things they say they won't cover.
    The mechanical sorting systems rarely damage parcels. It's how they are transported before and after sorting that gets them damaged.

Some courier firms use sacks for smaller parcels (then sling them about and pile the sacks into trailers) while other couriers use cages with shelves. Guess which system damages parcels? Larger goods are usually moved on pallets. Cages are far costlier in space and weight terms. You get what you pay for. Also depends what type of goods you are shipping and how fragile or expensive they are.

I've worked with parcels for 2 different couriers since 1979. Parcels are NOT rocket science. They just need handling with a bit of care and common sense. Basically the right tools for the job.
    Never trust a financial institution.

Still studying at the University of Life.
  • bartelbe
    bartelbe Posts: 553 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well they managed to find and deliver my items, so I am happier. My problem was with the lack of information. The tracking stalls, and then nothing.

At least you can talk to a human, but it took two calls to get someone to deal with the case properly.

A more balanced view than my original anngry post is, yes use Collectplus, but if you want your parcel to be delivered by prerpared to relentless complain till they do something.
  • Peedoff2015
    Options
    i made the misfortunate mistake of using collect+ to send an ipad air i sold on amazon uk via their tracked guaranteed delivery with £300 insurance and signature required on delivery
    the item was picked up from local merchant in aberdeen by yodel couriers on 2nd sept 2015 over 30hrs after i had taken it to their merchants shop in aberdeen on 1st sept 2015 at 11.25am
    since then it has been a bloody nightmare and on the 7th sept 2015 i went on collect+ site to track parcel and saw the item delivery failed and was being returned to sender
    i immediately contacted collect+ about this only to be told we have lost your parcel within the depot it was scanned into and we cant locate it they also said they contacted deopt managers concerned and also interviewed drivers employed by collect +,yodel etc
    which i feel they did not all they bleeding do is fob me off time after time after time and at no time did anyone from collect plus contact me when this fiasco happened i had to keep contacting them
    the company have lied through their teeth about this as i honestly suspect that some dirty scumbag withing their depot has halfinched my item basically STOLEN IT
    and to make matters worse they now say i am only entitled to a scabby £50 compensation also the refund of lable purchase price and seems they want to get out of their legal responsibilities
    i contacted the police about this only to be told that sorry we are not investigating this matter as it is not a police matter to intevene into even though i am alleging theft by a collect+ employee what a goddamn joke
    i may as well say to collect+,the police please go right ahead and rip me off ,screw me over,screw me over,violate my civil and human rights you lot are acting like beyond reproach
    i had to issue a full refund to the buyer on amazon uk and I AM NEVER SELLING AGAIN OR EVER USING COLLECT + FURTHERMORE I WILL NEVER REPORT ANY MATTERS TO MY LOCAL POLICE AS THEY ARE A BUNCH OF USELESS :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

FROM NOW ON I SHALL TAKE MATTERS INTO MY OWN HANDS AS THE POLICE AND COLLECT+ARE LAZY USELESS INCOMPETENT NEGLIGENT :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    i made the misfortunate mistake of using collect+ to send an ipad air i sold on amazon uk via their tracked guaranteed delivery with £300 insurance and signature required on delivery
    the item was picked up from local merchant in aberdeen by yodel couriers on 2nd sept 2015 over 30hrs after i had taken it to their merchants shop in aberdeen on 1st sept 2015 at 11.25am
    since then it has been a bloody nightmare and on the 7th sept 2015 i went on collect+ site to track parcel and saw the item delivery failed and was being returned to sender
    i immediately contacted collect+ about this only to be told we have lost your parcel within the depot it was scanned into and we cant locate it they also said they contacted deopt managers concerned and also interviewed drivers employed by collect +,yodel etc
    which i feel they did not all they bleeding do is fob me off time after time after time and at no time did anyone from collect plus contact me when this fiasco happened i had to keep contacting them
    the company have lied through their teeth about this as i honestly suspect that some dirty scumbag withing their depot has halfinched my item basically STOLEN IT
    and to make matters worse they now say i am only entitled to a scabby £50 compensation also the refund of lable purchase price and seems they want to get out of their legal responsibilities
    i contacted the police about this only to be told that sorry we are not investigating this matter as it is not a police matter to intevene into even though i am alleging theft by a collect+ employee what a goddamn joke
    i may as well say to collect+,the police please go right ahead and rip me off ,screw me over,screw me over,violate my civil and human rights you lot are acting like beyond reproach
    i had to issue a full refund to the buyer on amazon uk and I AM NEVER SELLING AGAIN OR EVER USING COLLECT + FURTHERMORE I WILL NEVER REPORT ANY MATTERS TO MY LOCAL POLICE AS THEY ARE A BUNCH OF USELESS :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

FROM NOW ON I SHALL TAKE MATTERS INTO MY OWN HANDS AS THE POLICE AND COLLECT+ARE LAZY USELESS INCOMPETENT NEGLIGENT :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

This can happen with any carrier.
    Not checking their T&Cs for compensation is madness.
    No idea what you paid but why not simply go with Royal Mail SD?
    Covered and a far higher service level/performance.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,232 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    as i honestly suspect that some dirty scumbag withing their depot has halfinched my item basically STOLEN IT
    It is clear that you are very angry, but you have to take responsibility for how you send items. As custardy says you need to choose carriers whose insurance covers the item you are sending. Most carriers have lots of exclusions that need to be checked.

You might honestly suspect theft but you have no evidence of this at all. I'm not surprised the police are not interested.
  • Norman_Castle
    Options
    and to make matters worse they now say i am only entitled to a scabby £50 compensation
    Did you pay for additional compensation?.

"Additional Compensation" means the additional compensation cover of either £150 or £300 purchased by the Customer for lost or damaged parcels and shall include the Company’s additional liability to the Customer for those lost or damaged Parcels.
  • Have you tried my Hermes where they collect from your address ? You specify the amount of compensation required before handing over the parcel. I've never had any problems with them.
    Good luck with your complaint?
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Have you tried my Hermes where they collect from your address ? You specify the amount of compensation required before handing over the parcel. I've never had any problems with them.
    Good luck with your complaint?
    Full list of excluded items
    Please be aware that the following goods are Excluded from Compensation for Damage:

Antiques (objects over 100 years old)
    Any dangerous, hazardous or prohibited goods (as detailed in our Prohibited Goods section)
    Articles made largely or wholly of gold, silver or other precious metals
    Ceramic or composite items of any description including without limitation glass, mirrored items, crystal, ceramics, porcelain, plaster, marble, china, stone, slate, resin, granite, concrete (or any item containing these materials)
    Items which have been strapped together
    Diamonds and other precious stones
    Eggs
    Electrical or electronic items
    Food items
    Fire Extinguishers
    Fossils, Stones, Stoneware
    Furniture (Unless flat packed)
    Items made wholly or partly of glass
    Human and animal remains including, without limitation, ashes
    Jewellery
    Liquids
    Marble or any stone derivative
    Bankers' drafts
    Current bank notes
    Currency notes or coins
    Credit cards / debit cards
    Uncrossed postal orders which do not state to whom they are to be paid
    Cheques or dividend warrants which are uncrossed and made payable to the bearer
    Bearer securities including share warrants
    Scripts or subscription certificates
    Bonds or relative coupons un-franked postage or revenue stamps (except a revenue stamp embossed or impressed on an instrument which has been executed)
    Coupons, Vouchers, Tokens, Stamps
    Lottery tickets, scratch cards or similar
    Items which can be exchanged by themselves or with any other item for money or goods or services
    National insurance stamps
    All tickets including travel and events
    Musical instrument hard cases and suitcases when used as external packaging
    Musical instruments
    Negotiable documents
    Perishable goods
    Plants, seeds, flowers, and plant derivatives
    Real fur
    Resin items, amber and composites
    SIM cards
    Watches
    Tobacco and Tobacco products.