Do NOT use CollectPlus

Options

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    2Sheds wrote: »
    I use Collect + and didn't realise they delivered to a local shop, thought it was to the address you've paid for the parcel to be delivered to !!!!!

You dont seem to have read very well,have you?
    There are 2 services.
  • forumbird
    Options
    This is my experience of COLLECT PLUS: I sent a little parcel full of pretty things for my friend’s birthday,. The parcel didn't arrive and after several days wait I contacted Collect Plus. I received an e mail offering a code for a free parcel to be sent next time and was told that the parcel was at the depot local to my friend's home and that they would be making enquiries about when it would be delivered.

Further communication was slow and I found myself chasing this company's customer service. I had differing responses from different personnel each time. The parcel is at the depot, the parcel's whereabouts are unknown, the parcel was given to a delivery van......by this time I was certain that my parcel was lost or even stolen. Collect plus had no idea where it was. Worse still my friend had no present.

I began to press for a response that actually reflected the situation as I was feeling fobbed off, and asked about compensation for the loss. I was asked to fill an online form and provide proof of the contents. I had shredded the receipts and could not do that so provided a list of the items and costs (approx £31 with the cost of the parcel sending fee). I was then asked to provide online links to the items in the parcel as they needed some kind of proof. This was tricky as some items were not sold by the company concerned online anymore, I had bought items at shops and some items from another company were showing only as trade website wholesale items and were not sold to the public online.
    This was becoming hard work. It is not a huge amount of money and I not only had my parcel been lost or stolen but I was now having to scrabble around to prove my side of things whilst this company seem to have no sense of responsibility or valuing its customers. Collect Plus then said that they could not compensate me for a tiny packet of biscuits at £2 and a candle as it was in a glass as both these items are restricted from compensation. My candle was actually in a tin, I had sent the wrong link, but still they refused saying I had posted an online item that was in glass to show what had been in the parcel and that they absolutely would not compensate (this item is £6!!). This was penny pinching to say the least and by then I was feeling as if I was the one who had done wrong....These items were lost by the company, not damaged by me, or damaged on arrival due to bad packaging.
    I have now had enough and I have asked that this matter be put before someone who can make some kind of considered response and I am waiting to hear. This is really a matter of good and appropriate customer service that reflects the situation, keeps customers happy and on side and shows a service that values the money that we spend with them (I have sent several parcels by Collect plus so used your company in good faith).

Mr. Ashworth CEO , here is a different scenario......Parcel fails to arrive, customer receives appropriate apology is told the truth at the outset and is compensated quickly without quibble....customer decides that this is a company that can be bothered about its customers and their own service delivery standards and feels much more confident that she will use it again. There are many online consumer forums I discovered saying the same thing...lost /stolen parcels, long protracted arguments with customer service....a long wait, or no compensation.
    a ltter will go to the CEP and if no joy them Im off to Watchdog, anyone coming?? Message me if you are serious because this company should be held accountable for all this distress.
  • amjustagirl
    Options
    Can't say I have ever had a problem with them just to balance thing's out.
    Win's of 2014 so far-Maxfactor mascara, £50 Pizza Express Voucher, Dr Oetker Pizza, Nuby sippy cup :j:beer:
  • Enkidus
    Options
    To date had a 100% failure rate with the company and can never talk to the same person twice. Will only compensate to a very basic minimum level. Not interested in acknowledging any inconvenience caused or loss of perceived competency in ones inability to deliver to a customer.
    DO NOT USE if you value your reputation for customer service or caring about the recipient.
  • al1kazmi
    Options
    I used Collect Plus to return a newly purchased faulty Laptop to Bargain Crazy (Littlewoods Clearance) on 21/02/14 but there had been no tracking status update since 25/02/14 therefore I decided to call Collect Plus and spoke with one of the CS Representative who advised me that they will check with the delivery depot and get back to me. I received a call next day with no real update apart from telling me that it is still being investigated. Since then I had no update until I called again on 04/03/12 when I was told that item is misplaced and I can only claim £40 compensation even though item is worth £385.44. I only used Collect Plus as it was a recommended by Bargain Crazy to be the preferred method of return. I am just shocked that they managed to loose my item which I can’t understand how a big box can be lost in transit when it is securely packed and labelled. The tracking information shows that package got lost after the first delivery attempt was made and redelivery scheduled. As per tracking record, Laptop had already been moved to the depot where it was going to be delivered to Bargain Crazy. It just seems too suspicious that the Laptop got lost after the first delivery attempt was made where there should haven’t been any reason not to be delivered in the first attempt as it was a warehouse delivery not to an individual. I wonder how many people have been victim of CollectPlus staff.
    CollectPlus have already said that they will only send me £40 cheque which is obviously no where near the value of my goods. I don’t believe that they fulfilled their obligation to provide the service with reasonable care and within a reasonable time.
    In the light of above, can I please be enlighten with your advise?
  • bxboards
    bxboards Posts: 1,711 Forumite
    Options
    CollectPlus lost one of my parcels two weeks ago.

Tracking just sat stuck at 'despatched from' my local depot. After it was obvious tracking wasn't moving I phoned them up to report the issue. They asked for a description of the box and contents. Amazingly, it was found a few days later - it has been wrongly sent to 'Raven RC' (where ever that it), so it was recovered from there and finally got to the end point.

I don't really understand how parcels can vanish into blackholes with no sign of scanning. It seems CollectPlus are not at all proactive when it's obviously the tracking is stuck in one state and not moving.

Thankfully my parcel was located but I had a VERY angry customer ranting at me....
  • guitarist
    guitarist Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    I made a return 4 weeks ago through eBay, thinking the process would be easy as it creates the label and everything for you.

I packaged the item up, popped it into my local newsagent.

Then nothing.

Checking the tracking status, delivery has been attempted back to the eBay seller 3 times and the parcel is apparently on its way back to me - 2 weeks ago.

I contacted Collect+ using heir online form and heard nothing back. Tried again; nothing back.

I then tweeted them (their twitter is used for promotional activity - I slammed them a bit for this and suggested they cut their Social Media team and turn them into customer service reps...).

I was sent the same message twice: "delivery was attempted 3 times and it's on its way back to you".

I flagged that this isn't good enough info, it's been too long, and that customers shouldn't be kept in the dark. I was forced to threaten legal action if they didn't contact me with a proper answer within 24 hours.

"I have raised a query with the depot in regards to the status of the parcel being returned to you, I will update you shortly"

Watch this space.

I have no problem telling people to avoid this mickey-mouse company at all costs. There are too many factors involved for it to go wrong, and the general feeling seems to be that they struggle to get it right. Luckily the item (which I assume is now lost) was worth only £39.99, so I should be covered...
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,803 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've had no problems; have used them for a while now. As soon as I get home from taking the parcel I send the tracking number to the customer and tracking shows up very quickly - initially as 'delivery booked' then it shows that the parcel has been received at the store.
    Invariably mine are collected from the store the next day; delivery has always been within timescale.

I shall continue to use them!
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • guitarist
    guitarist Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    I would advise any seller/retailer to go with someone else if they want to keep their customers happy.

Collect+'s customer services alone are shocking - I have now had a reply to my email but was told "the item seems to be on its way to eBay's returns department".

Read that again. "The item seems to be on its way to eBay's returns department". What?!

SEEMS to be? That doesn't instill much confidence to a customer.
    Oh wait, "eBay's returns department" - that place doesn't even exist. If I'm going to get fobbed off, at least make it believable.

If you're not sure whether or not you want to use this company; DON'T. You'll end up stressed, out of pocket, and with bad feedback. Please let's just let Collect+ go the way of the dinosaurs - they're not able to perform in this market and eBay are using them for returns because they're cheap. Shame on Collect+, shame on eBay, and shame on any retailer who will risk putting their customers through this hell.
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've not had any problems with Collect Plus. I can understand if you went into a restaurant and the staff spat in your food to tell the world never to go in there, but a small percentage of parcels go missing with every delivery and courier service including Royal Mail, so I don't see it at all helpful for a person who's had one item go missing to feel they need the entire world to boycott that service.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure