Do NOT use CollectPlus

Options

Comments

• techspec
    techspec Posts: 4,464 Forumite
    Options
    thought you all might like to see the reply I received in answer to my email to Collect+ in an effort to obtain a refund...for my past experience...with the said co.
    Thank you for getting back in touch.
    The onus is on the sender of the parcel to ensure that the contents are in line with the terms and conditions they agree to prior to sending the parcel.
    The picture is misleading on our website and I sincerely apologise for that, I have also raised this issue to have the example removed however the website does also point out the fact that there are certain items that we do not cover and offers a link to take you to our terms and conditions.
    Unfortunately musical instruments are excluded in our terms and conditions and as a result we would not be able to proceed with your claim for damage.
    Kind regards,
    Michael
    Collect Plus
    seems this is where it ends...but they have lost me as a customer!

Not a great loss seeing as you were posting over-sized items they dont cover - therefore mis-using their discounted service.

They could have sent YOU a bill for the excess postage.
  • ballisticbrian
    ballisticbrian Posts: 3,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Were you playing the blues when you got the guitar back? ;) Mind you, strange they don't like guitars when they made such a song and dance about it!
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • selmabody1st
    Options
    My son has used this company and insisted it worked well for him. Well, he was so very wrong. They lost his parcel in "The Hub" and could only contact them by email to find out where the parcel was. The Hub is not even in their control. 10 days later we got an answer. It was not there even though it was scanned as arrived. Vanished into thin air with no forwarding address. The company then tried to blame us for not putting the label on properly, how would they know if they cant find the parcel. The cavalier attitude of its operatives makes one wish for a brick wall upon which to bang ones head. This is a rubbish company. The parcel has not yet been found. The item was of no use to anyone else but us and whoever has it may they rot in hell.:(
  • Beancounter
    Beancounter Posts: 1,076 Forumite
    Options
    I used them last week for the first time, sending a radio worth about £75.
    Seems to have vanished into thin air as the tracking hasn't updated since leaving Aberdeen last Thursday.

I am awaiting an update from them but I am guessing after reading these postings that it is lost. Pity I skimped on cost and didn't pay extra for more cover.

I won't be using them or Yodel again.
  • Strapped
    Strapped Posts: 8,158 Forumite
    Options
    I've ordered something from ebay and just noticed the seller is using collect+...delivery estimate end of next week - fingers crossed :-/
    They deem him their worst enemy who tells them the truth. -- Plato
  • Beancounter
    Beancounter Posts: 1,076 Forumite
    Options
    Just to redress the balance emailed them again the night I posted, got a reply an hour later saying the package had appeared at the national hub and it was delivered the next day. Mysterious how it suddenly turned up but glad it arrived all the same.
  • I_have_spoken
    I_have_spoken Posts: 5,051 Forumite
    edited 11 May 2013 at 5:53PM
    Options
    Another Collect+ farce.

Went to collect my item from RS McColl, spotty oik found it in the pile (very secure, not!), then went to put the tracking code from seller's email into the computer.

Compter says no!
    Me - but that code shows tracked and delivered on collect+ web site
    Computer says no!
    Me - Can I take my parcel, look I have proof of address
    Computer says no!

!!!!!!!

EDIT Went back to the collect+ shop with more info from the seller, and they have lost the parcel! That's right, lost the parcel! Sheer, unbridled incompetence.
  • robby2k9
    Options
    I was expecting my first delivery from this lot today.
    Went to track it - deposited at a co-op on Fri (standard 2 working day delivery), collected Sat am, despatched from Norwich Depot Sat pm - then nothing until today - Tues am being processed at national hub (where is this mythical hub anyway?) so where it was Sun & Mon is anyone's guess, but it isn't going to be here today so another late delivery for the list.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    robby2k9 wrote: »
    I was expecting my first delivery from this lot today.
    Went to track it - deposited at a co-op on Fri (standard 2 working day delivery), collected Sat am, despatched from Norwich Depot Sat pm - then nothing until today - Tues am being processed at national hub (where is this mythical hub anyway?) so where it was Sun & Mon is anyone's guess, but it isn't going to be here today so another late delivery for the list.

It wasnt collected until Saturday
    likely Monday was its 1st day in the network in practice
  • robby2k9
    robby2k9 Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    custardy wrote: »
    It wasnt collected until Saturday
    likely Monday was its 1st day in the network in practice

I agree, so today is day 2 & it should be here as stated on their website.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure