We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Do NOT use CollectPlus

Options

Comments

• ConsumerWarrior
    Options
    Yep, Just been notified that they have searched their store, their Southampton depot and Lost Property department and cannot find the package I sent.

At this point they tell me that I have to make a claim to Shutl not Collect+ effectively washing their hands of it.

This sounds like its going to take me forever to process a claim.

I have contacted Shutl and will see what happens next.

If anyone has any useful contacts or tips for Shutl I would love to hear.

Will update when I hear more.

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yep, Just been notified that they have searched their store, their Southampton depot and Lost Property department and cannot find the package I sent.

At this point they tell me that I have to make a claim to Shutl not Collect+ effectively washing their hands of it.

This sounds like its going to take me forever to process a claim.

I have contacted Shutl and will see what happens next.

If anyone has any useful contacts or tips for Shutl I would love to hear.

Will update when I hear more.

You booked via Shutl,so why wouldnt you claim via Shutl?
  • ConsumerWarrior
    Options
    Collect+ lost it
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Collect+ lost it

and? You booked via Shutl,they chose Collect+ as their agent.
    If you order an item from Amazon and it goes missing on route to you,do you not bother contacting Amazon then?
  • ConsumerWarrior
    Options
    and? You booked via Shutl,they chose Collect+ as their agent.
    If you order an item from Amazon and it goes missing on route to you,do you not bother contacting Amazon then?
    Of course, silly me. Thank you so much for that very useful bit of info.
  • ConsumerWarrior
    Options
    End result: Suddenly (30 days later) tracking restarted and package carried on to original addressee, as I had already refunded that person for its loss I requested to CollectPlus that I want it stopped and returned to me.
    Instead package continued on another 300 miles and I again contacted CollectPlus as it was about to be delivered from their hub. They were eventually able to intercept it and re-label for return to sender.
    Package arrived back to me none the worse.
  • Brooker_Dave
    Options
    I've had good luck with collect plus, drop off is 5 minutes walk away and everything seems to land on time.
    "Love you Dave Brooker! x"

"i sent a letter headded sales of god act 1979"
  • johnelectrical
    Options
    Hello all, I am new here. I searched the internet for
    "does CollectPlus have any of their own vehicles"
    the search engine brought this thread as the top entry. so CollectPlus are still upsetting people after 10 years. not only do they loose lots of stuff, they are very difficult to get a response from.
    In my case, I bought a £500 + item from a seller on ebay. they didn't have any stock so they sent me a £100 item (maybe by mistake?) the seller finally agreed to me returning the wrong item but expected me to send it back, after further communication they agreed to send me a return label and I had to take it to one of their shops, very handy I thought as its only local, it was of course CollectPlus. the tracking on CollectPlus website was good for the receipt, route to national centre and on to local delivery van. then nothing, so I can't get my refund.
    after contacting CollectPlus it turns out the delivery van in question was owned by Yodel.
    so back to my starting point for this thread. does CollectPlus deliver items or are they just an agent using whichever cheapest carrier available? has anyone actually seen a van with CollectPlus written on the side?
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,706 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello all, I am new here. I searched the internet for
    "does CollectPlus have any of their own vehicles"......

whereas if you had gone straight to the Collect+ website you would have saved yourself a lot of typing !
    https://www.collectplus.co.uk/our-partners
    tells all.
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • messia07
    messia07 Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    hi all, i know this is an old thread but i was wondering if anyone has had the same sort of problem with collect+ ( or other delivery Companies )

i use collectplus quite often and they are normally quite good but ive had one package stuck in a loop with no tracking update for 5 days & buyer is getting annoyed.

x3 things slightly set off alarm bells.
    -the buyer has quite lot of packages go missing / get delayed ( ebay feedback they have given)
    -the buyer lives in a new build apartment. ( no where to leave package / delivery driver cant enter building? )
    -i had to manually enter buyers address into collect+'s website as it did not come up.

im not sure if either the problem is the address not being on their system or the facts its going to an apartment?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport