We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

The SayNoTo0870 Article Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• liznewman
    Options
    Has anyone else noticed that since Sayno has been advertised on TV many of the number we previously used have now been suspended?

I find this really annoying. Does anyone know anywhere else we can get the normal land line numbers from.
  • DonnyDave
    DonnyDave Posts: 1,579 Forumite
    Options
    liznewman wrote:
    Has anyone else noticed that since Sayno has been advertised on TV many of the number we previously used have now been suspended?
    When you find numbers that no longer work, please let us know as it's the only way they'll get removed.

Which numbers don't work?
  • bbb_uk
    bbb_uk Posts: 2,108 Forumite
    Options
    liznewman wrote:
    We need the publicity to let other consumers know the truth about these numbers (ie stealth premium rate numbers) so then consumer power may force these companies to reconsider their use of such numbers.

Of course at the same time, unscrupulous companies may go through all the trouble and expense of removing these geographicals.
  • vinylmusic
    vinylmusic Posts: 1,200 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I run a few websites and would be happy to place a banner ad on each.
    I encourage anyone in the same position to do the same.

It would be useful if the organizers of saynoto0870 could put the code for such a banner up on here so we could all copy and paste it to our sites
    bbb_uk wrote:
    We need the publicity to let other consumers know the truth about these numbers (ie stealth premium rate numbers) so then consumer power may force these companies to reconsider their use of such numbers.

Of course at the same time, unscrupulous companies may go through all the trouble and expense of removing these geographicals.
    IWasLookingBackToSeeIfSheWasLookinBackToSeeIfIWasLookinBackAtHer.....
  • vinylmusic
    vinylmusic Posts: 1,200 Forumite
    Options
    liznewman wrote:

I find this really annoying. Does anyone know anywhere else we can get the normal land line numbers from.

Exactly what I was getting at in a previous post
    Big businesses are trying to get the upper had before we can do them out of their undeserved revenue
    It looks like we must all work harder to beat them.
    vinylmusic wrote:
    I find that more and more companies are using 0870 numbers
    What is worse is that many that had landline numbers on saynoto0870 are forcing us onto 0870's
    I often get the message "For customer services please redial using 0870...."

It looks like its getting worse before it gets better

There, I had my winge
    IWasLookingBackToSeeIfSheWasLookinBackToSeeIfIWasLookinBackAtHer.....
  • djblamire
    Options
    Dear All,

Due to the increase in visitors to the website over the past few weeks, some of you may have experienced difficulties accessing the site at peak times (mainly midweek during the day).

A new additional server has been purchased (and is being built as we speak).

This should allow many more consecutive visitors to the site, without having such a dramatic impact on the access speed.

This upgrade will take place over the next few days, so please bear with us as this work is done. During this time the forum section of the site may be temporarily unavailable. If this happens to occur while you are visiting the site, please try again later.

Thanks again for your support and understanding,

Daniel (Forum Admin)
    SAYNOTO0870.COM
  • vegas99
    vegas99 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

Does anyone have tel no for Virgin Holidays only have 0870 no. Called them today to query something and asked them if they have an alternative no but apparently they haven't. They used to advertise a normal no as they are based in Crawley, so if anyone can help ??????

Thanks
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    vegas99 wrote:
    Hi,

Does anyone have tel no for Virgin Holidays only have 0870 no. Called them today to query something and asked them if they have an alternative no but apparently they haven't. They used to advertise a normal no as they are based in Crawley, so if anyone can help ??????

Thanks
    Welcome to the MSE forums vegas99

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php (enter just the word Virgin in the company name field and then look for 01293 numbers).
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Lara
    Lara Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    Options
    I haven't been able to get into the SayNo site at all today - it is very slow then message comes up saying Error:.

I have a Sky number to call - 087002412939 - and wondered if anybody has an alternative number written down for them please? Many thanks:).
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Lara wrote:
    I haven't been able to get into the SayNo site at all today - it is very slow then message comes up saying Error:.

I have a Sky number to call - 087002412939 - and wondered if anybody has an alternative number written down for them please? Many thanks:).
    Your number is too many digits.

However, the current one appears to be 0800 051 2595 - but that's an alternative to 08702 404040, I think.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.9K Life & Family
  • 249.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure