toucan claims are they genuine????

Options

Comments

• pajero68
    pajero68 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Still no reply from email,now 17-03-11,obviously not interested in replying to emails either.
  • geoffky
    geoffky Posts: 6,835 Forumite
    Options
    some right fools on here....deserve what you get..as you are trying to rip off your credit card company...
    It is nice to see the value of your house going up'' Why ?
    Unless you are planning to sell up and not live anywhere, I can;t see the advantage.
    If you are planning to upsize the new house will cost more.
    If you are planning to downsize your new house will cost more than it should
    If you are trying to buy your first house its almost impossible.
  • pajero68
    Options
    We are not all fools and not trying to rip off card companys,some of our complaints are just,tucan claims were suppose to help genuine cases and are clearly ripping people off,there should be something out there that can help people get their money back.Some elderly people are very easily duped into this sort of thing through no fault of their own,for some their only income is their pension and someone must know where this company is based.Iwould be happy to put a positive message on this site for tucan claims if i had one.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,594 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We are not all fools and not trying to rip off card companys

Actually, you were trying to rip off the card company by finding loopholes to get out of having to pay your debts. it is possible that some of the people signed up with Toucan with legitimate complaints but this thread clearly has plenty who were greedy and got caught out.
    Some elderly people are very easily duped into this sort of thing through no fault of their own

You cannot scam an honest person most of the time. Age has little to do with it. Being told you can get your credit card written off by paying £x to a claims company is a good example of advance fee fraud. It relies on consumer greed to work. An honest person would pay back their debts and not be looking to shirk them.

Claims companies do this all the time. They cold call telling you that you "are entitled" to £5,000 or whatever. All you have to do is pay £495. Greedy consumer sees £5000 and thinks £495 is well spent. Honest consumer wouldn't fall for an advance fee scam as they wouldnt put in a fraudulent complaint.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • marrach
    marrach Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pajero68 wrote: »
    We are not all fools and not trying to rip off card companys,some of our complaints are just,tucan claims were suppose to help genuine cases and are clearly ripping people off,there should be something out there that can help people get their money back.Some elderly people are very easily duped into this sort of thing through no fault of their own,for some their only income is their pension and someone must know where this company is based.Iwould be happy to put a positive message on this site for tucan claims if i had one.

Hear Hear..............! :T :beer: :T
  • marrach
    marrach Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    Actually, you were trying to rip off the card company by finding loopholes to get out of having to pay your debts. it is possible that some of the people signed up with Toucan with legitimate complaints but this thread clearly has plenty who were greedy and got caught out.

You cannot scam an honest person most of the time. Age has little to do with it. Being told you can get your credit card written off by paying £x to a claims company is a good example of advance fee fraud. It relies on consumer greed to work. An honest person would pay back their debts and not be looking to shirk them.

Claims companies do this all the time. They cold call telling you that you "are entitled" to £5,000 or whatever. All you have to do is pay £495. Greedy consumer sees £5000 and thinks £495 is well spent. Honest consumer wouldn't fall for an advance fee scam as they wouldn't put in a fraudulent complaint.

Can't really agree with much of this.............! In particular
    wrote:
    Actually, you were trying to rip off the card company

How can you be ripping these big companies off? Think you are forgetting that these are multi (with a capital M) million £ companies out to make a profit at any cost and think they can get away with breaking the law in an effort to do so! They are NOT above the law!!!
    wrote:
    by finding loopholes to get out of having to pay your debts.

Personally we have no debt what so ever- Cards always have and always will be paid off in full each month so this ain't as quoted!

And back to the
    wrote:
    You cannot scam an honest person most of the time.
    It ain't about folks honesty here but their 'Ignorance' that they are ripped off by the Mastercard, Visa or the likes!!!!!!!
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,594 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    How can you be ripping these big companies off? Think you are forgetting that these are multi (with a capital M) million £ companies out to make a profit at any cost and think they can get away with breaking the law in an effort to do so! They are NOT above the law!!!

It doesnt matter if they are joe bloggs one man band or some multi-national. Size is no excuse for putting in a fraudulent complaint and claim.
    It ain't about folks honesty here but their 'Ignorance' that they are ripped off by the Mastercard, Visa or the likes!!!!!!!

How are they ripping people off?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • pajero68
    Options
    This is not about ripping card companys off,we do not owe anything,this is about claiming back falsely sold ppi insurances that are no good to people when they go to use it.However if tucan claims are takeing money from innocent people to do a job for them and not fullfilling their contract then they clearly are ripping people off.I would agree that it doesnt matter how big a company are no one has a right to falsely make claims against them but inocent individuals should not be ripped off either.This is not to say that tucan claims are false they may not be, but if not, they certainly need to pull their finger out and get on with what they are being paid for so people have no reason to complain and it doesnt end up costing them more than the claim is worth by them haveing to make so many unneccesssary expensive phone calls to this company to get their claim sorted.
  • ~Brock~
    ~Brock~ Posts: 1,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    dunstonh, one thing I have learnt in this life is to be beware of stupid people in large groups. Just leave it mate.
  • pajero68
    Options
    Not a good idea to let it drop if you have paid out money,and thanks to those who sent valid advise :mad:,stick together and in the end something will have to be done to uncover these scrupulous people.
    Keep this going, let you know when something good happens dont give up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure