toucan claims are they genuine????

Options

Comments

• toucan_joke
    Options
    I had a call...thought about it for a few weeks,read about them and I`m sorry to say nothing bad was written then, so decided to go with them. What a complete waste of my time, they are so polite yet incompetent, it really does throw you. I`ve been waiting four weeks for a letter that they claim has been sent out three times yet never arrived, to progress the claim. The initial call outlined it would be sorted in about 3-4 weeks....that was 4 months ago...despite me doing everything, they do NOTHING other than send you authorisation letters to sign, and forward to the lenders, which they have a time limit to reply, yet seem able to go longer. I don`t make many mistakes but I have to hold my hand up this time, really cocked up going with them. To sum up...KEEP AWAY.
  • toucan_joke
    Options
    bobajob69 wrote: »
    NO NO NO NO NO NO
    DONT USE THEM!

I used them ref ppi and credit cards- they did half a job took them for ever and didn't get me anything and to top that, they are refusing to refund my upfront fee of £250.00
    I intend to complain to moj and every consumer TV show i can think of, also might try small claims court? anybody got more ideas.

DIDN'T WORK FOR ME IS ALL I CAN SAY!

bloody useless !! havent asked for the money back yet but will do th ?is week....how long did they take from getting the money to you getting into this state
  • burntbap
    Options
    njd1980 wrote: »
    I am new to this site and would really like some help if there is any one out there who can. I have just recieved a telephone call from a company called "toucan claims" who claim to be able to wipe all of my credit card debts and interest paid if the card companies have ever increased my limit or do not have a hard copy of the original credit agreement. I am currently experiencing money problems so obviuosly this sounds fantastic, however they are asking for a £250 upfront payment for registering the claim. Is this to good to be true as it sounds and if i go ahead am i going to have lost £250 that i dont have and still have all my card debts. Has any one any experience of this.
    Thanks in advance

i gave them permission to claim on my behalf
    they say u have a 2 week cooling off period if u change
    your mind well 2 days later i did just that and 8 weeks later
    i'm still awaiting my £250 refund!!:mad::mad:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have heard that if you have a credit card debt and pay £250 to your credit card company, they will take £250 off the amount you owe them, which means you owe less. Is this true???? It seems very fishy to me.
  • :jHi, I got a call from tucan last week and stupidly paid the deposit of £250 by credit card:o. Alarm bells rang when I saw all the bad press on the net so I called them back for a refund. They ppromised a refund verbally and I got a letter to confirm. I did send a letter to them by recorded post and similar to my credit card company quoting a consumer act. Comsumer direct were very helpful as was The Ministry of Justice.
    Anyway I checked my CC account this am and Tucan refunded the full amount on the 23/11/10.:beer:
    They do have a pretty website where you can read and print off their terms of business etc.

Please feel free to contact me if you are having trouble with gaining a refund.
  • lewis090302
    Options
    laguna_1 wrote: »
    i also got a call of these guys today!

250 is a hell of a lot of cash to pay however, however they did say they would offer a 14 day money back guarantee

further they charge 10% commission also, which i wasnt sure on what exactly it would be for

nonetheless i had enough of the sales talk from the guy and ended up leavn it

be good to hear from others also on this one tho

I had a call from the same guys today and did not sign up for it as i thought it was too good to be and thought i could do it myself but was not sure how
  • ILW
    ILW Posts: 18,333 Forumite
    Options
    It may come as a bit of a surprise to some, but paying back money you have borrowed and spent is not optional.
  • Zannie
    Zannie Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Register with the telephone preference service you can get the info by searching on google. but be carefully as some companies even scam this. The true on is free
  • shec
    Options
    Yes I got a call too from Roy Jones of Tucan Claims who sounded fairly genuine but what put me off was the asking for 250 up front which reduced to 50 when I said I could not afford it. Told him to ring back tomorrow when I have time to check and that I would like to see the paperwork before parting with money, then he got a bit pushy. Even gave the company address etc and ministry of claims number. Had the feeling it was too good to be true, but you know genuine offers wont ask for money up front. Looked up the law on another site think it was Ministry of Claims or something - says debt can be made unenforceable by a court if paperwork not sent in so many days but then becomes enforceable again when paperwork is sent. Also debt is not written off, sold off more like and you will still have to pay it and can have more interest added etc. Also there was something about you can get all that information for £1. So Tucan no thanks from me it wont get rid of my debts. Great big thank yous to everyone who sent in about Tucan hope this info will help others.
  • aaron100
    Options
    my wife bought into this crap and put the 250 onto my credit card LOL nearly 2 years ago and havent heard a thing from them once unless i spend a hour on hold to be told it takes time........ and when i tell them to give me my money back they laugh and tell me they wont do that

:T:T:T:T:T:T:T VERY GOOD TUCAN CONS :T:T:T:T:T:T:T ENJOY MY MONEY WHICE I WILL BE PAYING INTREST ON
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure