The 12 week Debt-Life *Achieve something* Plan - WEEK 7

Options

Comments

• sammy115
    sammy115 Posts: 15,267 Forumite
    Options
    Well we started this thread on Monday last week so Monday is the start of the week and today is the start of week 2.

So anyone who started last week and who is faltering slightly.....today is a new start. Reaffirm your goals and how you want to achieve them...give yourself a pep talk. Forget last week and move forward.

Right me...

I have lost a 1lb so am on target for 12lbs in 12 weeks although I am hoping to start to tone a bit now rather than lose weight. I did my body fat this week...its 36% eek....so I think my target might be get that down rather than lose pounds now...but anyway apart from the odd mars bar or five I did okay last week with my eating.

Didn't start running but I have entered my half marathon next March *ahem Sally*. I also downloaded a plan to train to and I am a week behind already. I have now come down with a cold so today I am going to take it easy and hope I feel better enough tomorrow to get up and go for a run.

Studying is going sloooooooowly....lost the use of my laptop and my study materials are on there - however that is really just an excuse and my planning went to pot badly last week so I have to be a bit more disciplined with myself this week.....

How is everyone else shaping up!
    Quality is doing something right when no one is looking - Henry Ford
  • Toto
    Toto Posts: 6,680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had some items finish on ebay last night which has given me £313 :T to pay off the bank of scotland card today. I listed a bunch of other stuff so I still have 26 items to sell, this week hopefully because after next monday I'll be in uni so will struggle with the time to post stuff.
    :A
    :A
    "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid" - Albert Einstein
  • ClootiesMum
    Options
    Well - did a bit better yesterday

1. Lose 12 lbs - have weighed in so I know my starting weight - & NO, I'm not tellinmg
    2. Take lunch to work each day - no spending at van or choccie machine at work - sorted for today

3. Make sure house has been tidied each night before bed (I hate staggering around in the morning & falling over things) - what a difference this makes
    4. Have all Christmas pressies bought
    5. Restart DFW diary & update daily - 3 MSE tasks & 3 non MSE tasks - failed miserably
    6. No takeaways :eek: - None yet
    7. Meal plan each week & STICK TO IT - vague, but a plan is in place for this week
    8. Have a monthly budget in place
    9. E-bay at least 10 items (I need to start with e-bay, but I'm terrified.....)
    10.Start to review on dooyoo
    11. Exercise of some sort at least 4 times a week
    12. I will have 4 alcohol free days a week

Not brilliant - but at least it's started
    Debts 07/12/2021
    #280/#310.08/#450/#575.47/#750/#1000/#1200/#1848.83
  • postingalwaysposting
    Options
    End of week one :T Start of week two :j

1) Be more positive about myself/my life... Going well, not there 100% but its coming along :beer:
    2) No spending unless its needed for my day to day living... So spends this week but all needed for day to day living. I guess I am good at this anyways, this challenge will just keep me focused :cool:
    3) Use my time more wisely... This week although I have had time and days off the time that I had set aside for doing stuff or when I had a list my time was used more wisely - more of the same this week :D
    4) Pay off at least £300 from my debts... Payed of £144.62 this week, alm going to try and get at least £60 payed by the end of my 'month' :T
    5) Lose 2 stone (28 pounds) in weight... 2lbs down so far, next weigh in on Wednesday ;)
    6) Stick to my eating plan 100%... 100% and still going :p
    7) Make at least 4 handmade gifts and sure I have all purchased gifts by the end of November... The handmade bits wont be started/completed till the last week of the challenge :rotfl:

Good luck all for the coming week :beer:
  • true27
    true27 Posts: 1,569 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :hello: Hi everyone!

Update as at begining of week 2:-

1. Cut out alcohol - eek! failing miserably on this, will try harder!
    2. Loose a stone - off to buy a set of scales/body fat measurers today so can start working on this properly, although have done well on the slim fast this week! just need to get on top of the exercise side of things....
    3. Get all my college assignments done on time - haven't had any yet ;)
    4. Finish decorating my house - hallway done, next target is bathroom then DB's bedroom
    5. Make all my xmas pressies and cards - have found a recipe for bath bombs and have ordered the necessary from ebay to have a go at that and have seen some lovely wallpaper that will make great cards and its cheap! :D

Have to agree with sammy115 about reaffirming goals, especially now I have a wedding date! So I need to add a few bits to my list:-

6. Design and make wedding invitiations, cake and favours
    7. Make sure wedding dress still fits and get alterations done if necessary
    8. Do a budget to ensure we can actually PAY for the wedding :rotfl:!!

(Maybe I ought to prioritise these goals :rolleyes: lol!)

Anyway, good luck to all this week, this thread is brilliant motivation!! :beer:
    Paddle #8 DFW Nerd #1284
  • redsquirrel80
    redsquirrel80 Posts: 12,457 Forumite
    edited 21 September 2009 at 11:45AM
    Options
    Where did week one go, seems like no time since last Monday! :eek: Happy week two everyone!

Here's where I am:

1. Pay £500 off debt - (£416 off cards etc and the rest towards overdraft) - nothing yet, but a big chunk to be paid on Weds, can't wait!
    2. Pay/ save £500 towards holidays/ Christmas/ course I want to do etc - still £5
    3. Go to gym class every week - hopefully tomorrow
    4. Run at least 3 times a week, aim to get up to 10 miles for my weekly long run - really going to get stuck into the running properly this week. Sammy are you using the plan Becky posted up?
    5. Do something constructive (apart from work!) every day - didn't do anything much Friday, this weekend I've done lots of gardening (think the digging made up for the lack of exercise class - ouch!)
    Debt@16.12.09 £10,362.38, now debt free as of 29.02.2012.
    "I cannot make my days longer so I strive to make them better."
  • DFW74
    DFW74 Posts: 25 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Week2

1. Budget and stick to it - not actually set this up yet but have moved the cc balances around to keep 0%.

2. Buy all Christmas things before Nov - Have bought four pressies so far.

3. Making cards and photographs - No progress here am afraid, in my defence weather has been too good to stay inside!

4. Get up those fells - Yeay! Did three on Saturday:j

So am buzzing about getting out on the fells but little despondent about not pushing the others.

Ooh forgot one - make more food at home - got a ham in the slow cooker for supper tonight!
    Lightbulb moment - August, 2006
    DALM - Credit Card £3800; Overdraft £1,500; Loan £4342
    Current debt Feb 10- Credit Card £2420; Overdraft £2500 ; Loan £00:
  • julytex
    Options
    1. Meal plan every week without fail and put any money left from budget into pot to complete number 2......Meal plan ready for shopping 2morrow
    2. Pay off Argos card debt Not yet no money from number 1
    3. Make Christmas Cards for everyone (I always plan to do this but never get round to it!) Have found all the materials necessary in craft stash!
    4. Buy / Make all Christmas prezzies in the 12 weeks so I don't end up overspending in last minute desperation like last year! Have had hunt in prezzie box and have allocated some items
    5. Tidy up the dining room / office / Craft room and reorganise, Sell all unwanted craft supplies etc. that I find on Ebay (not that I have anything that I don't need of course).:shhh: Failed miserably! - Haven't got round to tidying up at all but have put a couple of small items on ebay = haven't sold yet :(
    Pay One Debt 2012! challenge #67 - £235.07 / £375.18 :T
  • chocolatebum
    Options
    well i accomplished a couple of things last week

1. buy and wrap all christmas presents, apart from DH's, he will only get if i have any cash left
    2. Lose 24lbs (1st week -1lb,)
    3. Pay off mastercard (around £450)
    4. Clear huge box of baby clothes from bottom of stairs and either ebay or give away.
    5. use my wii fit at least 5 times a week (1st wk done)
    6. Decorate bedroom and hall
    7. sort out huge laundry/ironing/general clothes piles that are lying around hte house
    8. sort out the 3 boxes of paperwork i keep shoving away (all finished 15/9)
    9. sort out the miscellaneous box i now have from bits and pieces i found in the paperwork boxes lol

plans for this week are to continue my wii fit every day, lose 2lbs, sort out all clothes in the house and recycle, ebay, donate whats not needed
    DEBT
    31/12/2018 = £21,740.10 - 31/12/2019 = £18,581.29 (14.53% PD)
    31/01/2020 - £18,685.22 (14.05% PD)
  • chocolatebum
    Options
    Toto wrote: »
    I weighed in today and I have lost 5lbs :)

well done :T
    DEBT
    31/12/2018 = £21,740.10 - 31/12/2019 = £18,581.29 (14.53% PD)
    31/01/2020 - £18,685.22 (14.05% PD)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport