The 12 week Debt-Life *Achieve something* Plan - WEEK 7

Options

Comments

• redsquirrel80
    Options
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    4. Pay/save for all holiday associated costs

Thanks Sun Addict, I've been trying to think how to re-word my 'save £500 for holidays/ Christmas etc' as I will be spending bits of it as I go along depending on when holidays get booked etc - 'pay/save' is just what I mean :D
    Debt@16.12.09 £10,362.38, now debt free as of 29.02.2012.
    "I cannot make my days longer so I strive to make them better."
  • spud30
    spud30 Posts: 16,872 Forumite
    Options
    Toto wrote: »
    Of course not spud.

Lets see your list :)

Right, let me think.......

I'd like to

1 - Lose at least a stone

2 - Get fitter, to a stage where I feel I sign up for this half marathon with some hope of at least finishing it without showing myself and my friends up. I'm thinking this will help with task 1 ;)

3 - Clear out a whole load of [STRIKE]shi[/STRIKE] clutter we have round the house. have already made a start, but still a way to go.

4 - Save to have at least some rainy day money. Aiming for £150 per month, but upcoming CCCS review might enforce a change to the amount.

5 - Get my head to a better place and improve self confidence. Tasks 1, 2 and 3 should help here :o

That'll do for now I think :D
    Is it better to aim for the stars and hit a tree or aim for a tree and land in its branches :think:
    Loves being a Wonderbra friend :kisses3:
  • short_bird
    Options
    Thanks Sun Addict, I've been trying to think how to re-word my 'save £500 for holidays/ Christmas etc' as I will be spending bits of it as I go along depending on when holidays get booked etc - 'pay/save' is just what I mean :D

£500 into holidays and present fund ?? Whatever works for you! :D
    Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, and call off Christmas.
  • sammy115
    sammy115 Posts: 15,267 Forumite
    Options
    Well done you lot....Spud...good girl...

So when you going out running then..
    Quality is doing something right when no one is looking - Henry Ford
  • sallyx
    sallyx Posts: 15,815 Forumite
    Options
    Sammy are you secretly posting somewhere else...I was sure I was catching you up and now you are on 11,200 ;)
    I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change And breakaway. I'll take a risk, take a chance, make a change and breakaway ....
    Finally Debt Free...
  • sammy115
    sammy115 Posts: 15,267 Forumite
    Options
    sallyx wrote: »
    Sammy are you secretly posting somewhere else...I was sure I was catching you up and now you are on 11,200 ;)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:No, but I am sure I didn't have that many......
    Quality is doing something right when no one is looking - Henry Ford
  • spud30
    spud30 Posts: 16,872 Forumite
    Options
    sammy115 wrote: »
    Well done you lot....Spud...good girl...

So when you going out running then..

I'm just lacing up my running shoes for a sesh on the tready :D
    Is it better to aim for the stars and hit a tree or aim for a tree and land in its branches :think:
    Loves being a Wonderbra friend :kisses3:
  • well done everyone.

havent done much of anything so far but i have to get home and shift a lot of stuff from my nanas to my mums, too much stuff but i have chucked a lot out and given a lot to charity shops but i still have so much! its hard because i live half the time with my nan and have with my mum - dont really feel that i have a 'home' as such and im feeling down about it today. am just getting back into work due to illness and it will only be part time for at least a few years so i'll be lucky to be able to afford to move out by the time im 30 in a few years. feel like im in the way all the time.

sorry im whinging - should just go get on with it!

i'll update through the week... (again dont know why all of a sudden im writing in italics - laptop keeps doing that!)
    Cc debt; £4950 Tesco - £3.37 Boots - £3.94 £2 pot - £0.00 Sealed pot NO40 - £7.87 no spend days jan-3/31 £2 savers = £6
  • Jassa
    Jassa Posts: 355 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

Congrats to those who are working on their challenges.

One of mine was to join Flylady thread to help deal with my clutter and hopefully save some money by sorting out and using what I have got - joined today and completed first day's tasks. One of the tasks was cleaning out freezer and I found loads of pots of unidentified 'things'; had one pot of soup for lunch and defrosted pot of leftover roast beef for our evening meal - so saving money as well! Looks like lots of Freezer Surprise meals this week.

Flat looks suspiciously tidy except for That Room (spare room) - but baby steps!

Jassa
    I could give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter!
    Shoe love is true love
    Debt-free 21/12/09 and determined to stay that way - still DF 09/10/17
  • sams247
    sams247 Posts: 1,112 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    It's good to see we're still determined to try and do our lists, well done all. I am having a priority sort out on my list and this week I am mainly going to focus on the friends/partner list and the declutter of the room. I know I should be seriously preparing for my OR interview but I just find too many excusesd to put it off....... maybe once I actually get a date for the interview it will spur me on.

2. Spend at least one/one half a day of quality time with my partner and not take our time for granted

3. Accept that all offspring have flown the nest and declutter and tidy the big bedroom and move into it

7. Make more of an effort to keep in touch with friends and be social and realise that work has taken over a bit

Oh, and I am cooking a slow cooker curry tomorrow, so that's doing well
      To those who are given much, much is expected
    This discussion has been closed.
    Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
    • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
    • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
    • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
    • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
    • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
    • 173.2K Life & Family