We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

The 12 week Debt-Life *Achieve something* Plan - WEEK 7

Options

Comments

• Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Evening!

Ok, my 12 week plan

1. clear my CC debts (1868 )
    2. do the 30 day shred
    3. have at least six driving lessons.
    4. try to work out what that odd noise is
    5. lose 14 pounds!
    6. accept at least 50% of invites out.
    7. continue to be organised at work
    8. file all post as and when it comes
    9. paint bathroom
    10. clear garden
    11. e bay to make money
    12. Finish the bloody conservatory.

right back hurts. off to shred xxxx

Ok, I did the shred dvd sun, mon tues, thurs x2, not friday or today so will do it tomorrow. Spent all of Friday with a headache, did go out and had a
    lovely time but feel so tired today

mid week I shall make a big cc payment, online banking is annoying me.

too sleepy to write much else! xxx
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • postingalwaysposting
    Options
    1) Be more positive about myself/my life... Yeah slowly, just have to keep reminding myself :rolleyes:
    2) No spending unless its needed for my day to day living... Water Water Water :rotfl: But only £1.69 in two days. the problem is I go out with a filled bottle and its gone by the time I come home :rolleyes: And there is no way on earth I am carrying more than a litre to and from work :rotfl:
    3) Use my time more wisely... Today I have been to work and done/doing some cleaning... Its Saturday guys ;) I have got to make a list for tommorow though - no work :j
    4) Pay off at least £300 from my debts... I have some sat ready to pay off in the bank but more ebay stuff is ending tom so need some postage money... Will get back to you :cool:
    5) Lose 2 stone (28 pounds) in weight... 2lbs down so far, next weigh in on Wednesday :T
    6) Stick to my eating plan 100%... Yep 100% since and including Tuesday, I have a bunch of stickers that I was gifted so I have made a cool little calender and my stickers are getting stuck on there each day so far :beer:
    7) Make at least 4 handmade gifts and sure I have all purchased gifts by the end of November.. I am going to do this one in the last week of the challenge because it involves melting choc and yummys together :rolleyes: plus I dont want them to melt on storage :rotfl:

Happy weekend all :j
  • sallyx
    sallyx Posts: 15,815 Forumite
    Options
    Wow everyone is doing so well...Keep at it :)
    Welcome to all the late joiners...

We are nearly at the end of the first week so I don't want loads of drop outs, just keep plugging away and if we don't accomplish one of two it doesn't matter. Its about achieving "something" so don't be too hard on yourselves!
    I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change And breakaway. I'll take a risk, take a chance, make a change and breakaway ....
    Finally Debt Free...
  • tiny_courageous
    Options
    I like this thread because it makes me have a target and stick to it, instead of changing my target to fit what I've actually achieved! Have just forced myself to do davina dvd again because I've only done it once this week.
    Another NSD too, but I'll be cracking open a beer in a bit so the alcohol free thing goes awry.
    Last night was cheap though, spent much less than I expected.
  • well today i have walked about 4.5 miles so an improvement again! i also did my afternoon stint in the charity shop where there was a lot of lifting heavy bags so that must count! i also bought some gifts from the shop - a pendant for my nana for her birthday in oct, a scarf for my aunty for xmas and a candle holder for my mum. all came to about £6 so saved at least £24 anyway and they were all new!
    otherside of the budget story is ive just spent £40 on balloons for my sisters party which is just silly but i said i would pay for them as she is paying the caterer herself and my mum is paying the dj. hadnt thought would be as much for balloons but i'll just ask my brother to contribute. i have the money but i just think im not rich enough to justify spending that on balloons! (unless they are still standing when im 30 in a year and a half!)
    now im trying to watch i am legened but i am scared of zombies!

well done to all those who are working much harder than me!:T
    Cc debt; £4950 Tesco - £3.37 Boots - £3.94 £2 pot - £0.00 Sealed pot NO40 - £7.87 no spend days jan-3/31 £2 savers = £6
  • InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sallyx wrote: »
    OMG are the results of the London Marathon Ballot out now...awaits the thud of the magazine on my doorstep :eek:
    hypno06 wrote: »
    sallyx, I think that pickle has a charity place. Don't go accosting the postman just yet ;)

Yes, I do, but I've applied for a 'normal' place as well and I'm waiting to hear if I've got that. I'm just glad to have any place at all as I know it's hard to get anything, Or maybe i'm just naive as this is my first race and I've been hearng that charity places aren't necessarily that hard to get (wasn't that way last year when I applied late, if I remember correctly :rolleyes:). Still, I'm taking it as a blessing I got anything.
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• dreamer40
    Options
    So far I have:

1. Pay £300 towards C.C Debt... Not made ant over payment as yet.
    2. Put in 4 hours work at allotment per week...Spent over 2 hours at allotment yesterday evening and will do the same this evening.
    3. Walk twice a week for 30minutes with OH...Went out for a walk after work on Friday.
    4. Take lunch and snacks to work...Acheived this on Friday.
    5. Read 1st counselling book for new course...Have book, not made a start yet.
    6. Stick to grocery budget...Working on this one.
    7. Have 3 NSD's per week...Acheived a NSD on Friday and today will be a NSD.
    8. Lose 8lbs...Weighted last Monday and I am 10st 4lbs will weigh in a fortnight.

Pleased with what I have acheived, hope everyone else is doing well.
    "Always bear in mind, that very little indeed is necessary for living a happy life" Marcus Aurelius.

• ClootiesMum
    Options
    Hey - I manage to fail miserably on every sigle mone of my 12 yesterday - but today WILL be better
    Debts 07/12/2021
    #280/#310.08/#450/#575.47/#750/#1000/#1200/#1848.83
  • Shoe_Gal
    Shoe_Gal Posts: 7,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Update

My plan is;
    • lose a stone - lost a pound this week
    • exercise twice a week - need to do this today, so only once
    • pay of Barclaycard - nothing so far, 12 days to payday
    Not too good so far - had a really busy week so need to focus a bot more in week 2 :D
    Sometimes it's hard to walk in a single woman's shoes - that's why we need really special ones!
    Total debt @ Oct 2008: £29,226.42 Credit Card- £[STRIKE]7493.56[/STRIKE] - £7243.56
    Weightloss : 0/34lbs
  • meema4788
    Options
    Hi,
    I have looked at this amazing flylady before but have finally decided I am desperate need of some help. I have got 2 Beautiful son's who are 2 and 6, a daling husband and a very demanding mum! On top of that I work shifts so one week is never the same as the next. My house is in a right old state, piles of washing and ironing everywhere, piles of bills and paperwork that needs dealing with, a jungle for a garden to name but a few things that I need to sort out. I just don't know where to start so would love some help but ideally would love it if someone could organise me so I know what to do when. I am great at following lists but just don't know where to start without depressing myself by having a list that looks like an unrolled loo roll! Can anyone help me! I would be eternally grateful!!!!

Meema4788
    xxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills