We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Free Cinema Tickets - Discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Poochface
    Poochface Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I came to this thread about four hours ago to post something and got totally carried away and forgot :rotfl:

This Deal is for people in and around the Liverpool area. I won't post my personal link here as I would get a referral fee of £6 for each person that used it. I will post it in the Referrer's Board if anyone would like to use my link ;)

I thought that this might come in handy for any film fans in and around the Woolton area.

You do need to register with them but the deals are honest. This one expires in approximately two days.

Today’s deal: £5.50 instead £20 for two tickets to any feature, any day plus drinks and popcorn each at Woolton Picture House - Save 73%

Highlights

Just choose a film, a friend and a date to go

Traditional art deco auditorium with a fascinating history, showing classics and new releases

Includes refreshments, everything you need for a great night out

Fine Print

1 voucher per couple, may purchase up to five vouchers

Voucher valid for 3 months, 7 days a week

Advance booking required, please have voucher and security codes ready

Not valid with other offers

£5.50 instead £20 for two tickets to any feature, any day plus drinks and popcorn each at Woolton Picture House - Save 73%

Why spend a fortune at the soulless multiplexes, when you could get a brilliant two person deal for cinema, popcorn and drink in beautiful, historic surroundings? Woolton Picture House is a cinema gem hidden away in the heart of picturesque Woolton Village, Liverpool since the 1920s. Unique in appearance with a traditional art deco auditorium this amazing single screen picture house hosts 256 classic pull-man armchairs and provides an original, comfortable and cosy environment to unwind and enjoy your film. A popular family favourite the cinema shows all of the latest mainstream releases using the latest in digital theatre sound technology, as well as films for senior audiences and children's matinees every weekend.
    Friendly staff serve a selection of confectionary and beverages inside a foyer that retains all of its original charm, including the traditional ticket machine. Ample free parking in the village car park, situated off Woolton Street, allows filmgoers from afar to come and see what's on and visit surrounding areas offering an array of restaurants, coffee shops and bars.

Steeped in nostalgia, Woolton Picture House was the childhood haunt of a famous musician by the name of John Lennon, inspiring part of the lyrics to his song 'A Day in the life'. Nicknamed 'The Bug' by Lennon and other 'Quarrymen' band members, the cinema is situated next-door to St Peters church hall, a place famed for the meeting of John Lennon and Sir Paul McCartney. Groupon absolutely loves this piece of history, contrasting wonderfully with modern, visually stunning cinema, and at £5.50 you have every excuse to check it out!

What people are saying...
    "Amazing picture house, it has a charming old-world atmosphere that i have yet to experience any where else, i would encourage others to go! "
    VIEW LIVERPOOL
    "Took the kids here to see a film, there is definitely something special about this cinema and the atmosphere was great."
    VIEW LIVERPOOL

Woolton Picture House
    3 Mason Street
    Woolton L25 5JH
    http://www.wooltonpicturehouse.co.uk

http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/liverpool/wooltonpichouse/74751
  • willeynotwiley
    Options
    However, it does have a specific scene that would not be suitable for young children.

Virtually Every film we watched at one point had an 'unsuitable scene' in it! I almost gave up!!

Edward Scissorhands....the Basque and hairdressing chair
    Illusionist...nice romantic cutaway but enough to make some of the boys blush, giggles nad say..."they're having sex" in hushed voices!
    Yes Man...old lady...teeth....glass - need I say more?

Tried playing it safe with WALL-E...even the bloody robots kiss lol
    :rotfl:
    Valuable life advice: never play chicken with a lion...the lion will ALWAYS win!:eek:
  • willeynotwiley
    Options
    :j :j :j :j W O W You guys are amazing! :j :j :j :j

Ask the girls at work and all they do is sing..ABBA songs in an attempt to get me to screen Mama Mia!:eek:

Amazing Grace/ Schindler's List and The Pianist (no-one's suggestion I just love it) are all covered fabulously by our history dept in context
    R & J..both versions are similarly covered in English...some intersting essays about the violence in R&J with comments about "the guns at the beginning in the petrol station"!...love how kids get confused!
    Ghostbusters and Goonies are classics and MUST be watched on the way to France at 3 in the morning with a coachful of kids...tradition!:D

You suggested so much my brain now hurts and I have to spend the day with teenagers!:eek:

LOTS of people have suggested Stand By Me...I don't think I have seen it, all though must have done at some point, so that's one for the weekend I think. :)

It's just so tricky for the first one...need to get them interested but not scare them away! :cool:

I will consider ALL suggestions carefully and let you know what I decide to go with...thanks again for all your help!

If anyone who isn't awake all night has any suggestions feel free to contribute lol :rotfl:
    Valuable life advice: never play chicken with a lion...the lion will ALWAYS win!:eek:
  • artchick
    Options
    My teenager loved The Goonies when I made her watch it then spent all day sayin 'Hey you guys' lol but she also really loved Forest Gump (best film ever) and Gladiator
  • geordie_ben
    geordie_ben Posts: 3,118 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 8 September 2010 at 8:22AM
    Options
    Poochface wrote: »
    I don't understand this comment. Are you telling me (yet again) that I should have pm'd the turnip about posting the link?

What was the point of that when it has been on here for several hours? You don't think Sky won't know about it by now? You think I've put an idea in Sky's collective head to close the loophole?

You know very well that Sky will close this loophole down just as they have done in the past when others, including you, have posted it publicly.:mad:

POOCH......... breathe in, breathe out, what i actually meant is i PM'd the poster and told them to remove it. you need to chill out woman :p

tho after reading my comment i see i used 'a' insteaf of 'i' - gotta love the geordie twang :) "a went to the shops"
  • Poochface
    Poochface Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :j :j :j :j W O W You guys are amazing! :j :j :j :j

Ask the girls at work and all they do is sing..ABBA songs in an attempt to get me to screen Mama Mia!:eek:

Amazing Grace/ Schindler's List and The Pianist (no-one's suggestion I just love it) are all covered fabulously by our history dept in context
    R & J..both versions are similarly covered in English...some intersting essays about the violence in R&J with comments about "the guns at the beginning in the petrol station"!...love how kids get confused!
    Ghostbusters and Goonies are classics and MUST be watched on the way to France at 3 in the morning with a coachful of kids...tradition!:D

You suggested so much my brain now hurts and I have to spend the day with teenagers!:eek:

LOTS of people have suggested Stand By Me...I don't think I have seen it, all though must have done at some point, so that's one for the weekend I think. :)

It's just so tricky for the first one...need to get them interested but not scare them away! :cool:

I will consider ALL suggestions carefully and let you know what I decide to go with...thanks again for all your help!

If anyone who isn't awake all night has any suggestions feel free to contribute lol :rotfl:

Are you trying to say that us nightowls can't contribute during daylight hours? lol

I've had an email from Lovefilm that mentions two films you might want to consider at one point. Up in the Air and (just for gb) The Blind Side.
    Going back to my duvet now.
  • HandsInTheRuck
    Options
    just wondering, have you ever used a code that some has posted online from a magasine or something similar but not actually bought the mag..... cos if you havent bought the mag yourself but then used the code you're doing exactly the same as the non sky customers gettin tickets.... just a thought :)

No I don't think I have. And even if I had it's not really the same thing as paying £50 odd a month compared to a one off cost of a magazine. Freebies wise, I'm only really interested in the cinema tickets on here anyway. That's just my opinion though.
  • geordie_ben
    geordie_ben Posts: 3,118 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    No I don't think I have. And even if I had it's not really the same thing as paying £50 odd a month compared to a one off cost of a magazine. Freebies wise, I'm only really interested in the cinema tickets on here anyway. That's just my opinion though.

but then there are LOADs more code coming from magazines than from sky, i'm sure people who buy the magazines just for the codes feel pretty duped as well, at least you've had your sky service at the same time
  • lbaxx
    lbaxx Posts: 101 Forumite
    Options
    crybabyaj wrote: »
    Just a thanks to the OP of the tickets for the Russian Standard Vodka Originals Film Festival.

I went to see Its a Wonderful Life last night and had a great time. There were free vodka cocktails drinks before the film and in the intermission (can't think of the last time I saw a film with an intermission!). The seats were sooo comfortable too!

All in all a great night.

I also went to see this at the Prince Charles cinema, loved the film and it was great to see it for the 1st time on a big screen.
    I did have tears in my eyes at the end.

My husband loved the vodka cocktails and yes the seats were lovely, very springy !
  • angelflower_2
    Options
    anyone go to see Tamara Drewe? I thought it was very erm ..... British LOL. Last 15 mins or so were absolutely hilarous though.
    DFW 228 LONG H 68
    DFD 2017 :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills